Poll:Sartana

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:40, topic:58”]Bill San Antonio fucked up when he made this poll. I think the film on the top was meant to be pray for your death.

Someone should start a new poll so we can redo it.[/quote]Yeah, I know but I fixed it now and reseted the poll so feel free to vote again. :slight_smile:

Cool thanks. I voted for Light the Fuse.

Just thinking that it would be interesting to have one poll for the 4 Sartana and the 3 Sabata films. As they belong for me more or less together anyway.

A ranking:

1. Adios Sabata 6,5/10
  2. Have a Good Funeral, Sartana Will Pay 6,5
  3. If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death 6,5
  4. Return of Sabata 6
  5. Sabata 6
  6. Light the Fuse, Sartana is Coming 5,5
  7. Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin 5
  8. I’m Sartana -Your Angel of Death 5

1 Light the Fuse Sartana is Coming
2 Adios Sabata
3 Have a good Funeral Sartana will pay
4 Sartana - Your Angel of Death
5 Sabata
6 If you meet Sartana pray for your Death
7 Sartana’s Here pay your pistol for a Coffin
8 Return of Sabata

Light the Fuse, Sartana is coming i think has the best score and the use of Alfie is also very iconic!
Therefore would be my first choice!

greetz reggie

Out of curiosity, is it possible to change your vote?

1. Light the Fuse Sartana is Coming. The scene with Sancho is classic: Wie kann Mann so saufen… Er ist aber voll! Mein gott noch mal ;D
    2.If You Meet Sartana Pray for your Death…Klaus Kinski,Gianni Garko & William Berger…Awesome!
    3.I am Sartana your Angel of Death…Klaus Kinski,Gianni Garko & Frank Wolff…Love Buddy Ben!
    4.Have a Good Funeral Sartana Will Pay.
    5.Sartanas Here. George Hilton is one of my favorite actors but he’s not Sartana. Kind of like Roger Moore as bond

On some polls it is. It’s for the creator of the poll to decide.

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:44, topic:58”]1 Light the Fuse Sartana is Coming
2 Adios Sabata
3 Have a good Funeral Sartana will pay
4 Sartana - Your Angel of Death
5 Sabata
6 If you meet Sartana pray for your Death
7 Sartana’s Here pay your pistol for a Coffin
8 Return of Sabata[/quote]

I like this list much better than Stanton’s. Return of Sabata definitely belongs at the bottom and Light the Fuse at the top.

The Sartana films are amongst the first spaghetti westerns I’ve watched and I’ve never considered them great or anything, but the first three are pretty enjoyable. The fact that the Light the Fuse … Sartana is Coming is so well-regarded by the community is very puzzling to me. Man was I bored out of my skull when I watched this one. Actually, there’s only three spaghs that I disliked more than this one (the Hilton Sartana, The White, the Yellow, and the Black and God’s Gun - edit - actually, I forgot one or two others). But then again, I haven’t watch that many bad SWs. Anyway, for me it goes like this :

1. Have A Good Funeral My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
  2. If You Meet Sartana… Pray For Your Death
  3. I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death
  4. Light The Fuse… Sartana Is Coming
  5. Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin (if this one had Garko, I probably would have liked it a little more than the fourth one, but Hilton is no Garko, oh no!)

[url]http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/lightfuse/sartanacoming.htm[/url]

5 coffins all the way!

Well, it’s true it got the best opening scene of the five, I’ll give you that. :wink:

And no, actually, even if it had Garko Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin would probably still be the weakest.

With Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin I didn’t think it was all that well made or Sartana-esque aside from the fact that Hilton is not the real Sartana. And a male character dressed in white who goes around with a white parisol reading poetry? Mehhhh lol (Well, I suppose Tony Anthony had a pink Parisol in The Stranger Returns but he was still badass).

The other films Carnimeo made in these years are also very close to the Sartana formula:

Heads I Kill You, Tails You Die … They Call Me Hallelujah 6/10
They Call Him Cemetery 5
Forewarned, Half Killed … the Word of the Holy Ghost 4,5
Return of Halleluja 4

Of course the 2 Tresette films are also not too different. But apart from the ongoing decline of quality, the Tresette film are at first comedies.

Another excuse to do a list

1. Light the Fuse, Sartana is Coming
  2. I am Sartana -Your Angel of Death
  3. If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death
  4. Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin
  5. Sabata
  6. Have a Good Funeral, Sartana Will Pay
  7. Return of Sabata
  8. Adios Sabata

I’m pleasantly surprised by the number of people who voted for have a good funeral so far. I didn’t think that movie would be the most popular sartana.

If I were to rate Sartana and Sabata together it would look like this:

1. Sabata (the original and most fun)
  2. Light the Fuse (the most polished carnimeo film)
  3. If you Meet, Pray for your death (Great but marred by average soundtrack)
  4. Have a good funeral (Great fun but a little hokey)
  5. Angel of death/gravedigger (Less interesting script, but still a great film)
  6. Trade your guns for a coffin/fistful of lead (Hilton is no Sartana, but still a good film nonetheless)
  7. Adios Sabata (I love Yul Brynner, I love Bruno Nicolai, I hate this film, and I hate his S & M costume)
  8. Return of Sabata (this film does not even exist in my opinion, it never happened! Sabata never wore a toupee! Rocky V never existed either)
  1. Sartana’s here… trade your pistol for a coffin
  2. If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death
  3. Light the Fuse, Sartana is Coming
  4. Adios Sabata
  5. Sabata
  6. I’m Sartana -Your Angel of Death
  7. Have a Good Funeral, Sartana Will Pay
    8 ) Return of Sabata
  1. if you meet sartana pray for your death
  2. sabata
  3. light the fuse sartana is coming
  4. adios sabata
  5. sartana the gravediger
  6. rytern of sabata

@QuickDraw we could dig out this 12 year old topic and pollify it :slight_smile:

1 Like