Poll:Sartana

Which one of the official Sartana films is your favorite?

-I prefer Angel of death which have a good supporting roles by Frank Wolff and Klaus Kinski.

Pick your favourite Sartana…
  • If You Meet Sartana . . . Pray for Your Death!
  • I Am Sartana, Your Angel of Death
  • Have a Good Funeral, My Friend . . . Sartana Will Pay
  • Light the Fuse . . . Sartana is Coming!
  • Sartana is Here . . . Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin

0 voters

Angel Of Death, Klaus Kinski stole the show

If you meet Sartana… is my personal fave. Love how looney William Berger is and Garko is the epitome of cool throughout.

Quite right, my favourite too.
It’s also better than the best Sabata movie, so the best of its kind (Sabata always seemed to me no more than an alternative Sartana).
It doesn’t even matter that the plot is nearly incomprehensible (to put it mildly
Great Garko (unneccessairy to say to a man with your name).

By the way: W E L C O M E

I notice ‘Sartana in the Sandpit of Doom’ …sorry ‘Valley of Death’ isn’t there to vote for! You’d think …hmmm, Berger = cool; Sartana = cool … Berger as Sartana = ice cold. WRONG!
It’s o.k.-ish, but it ain’t gonna get a lot of votes if it was up there methinks.
I’m holding my vote til I’ve seen the first 2 again and somebody sorts out the voting poll above. '…trade your pistol …'s up there twice, and ‘If you meet…’ isn’t there.
Is there a deputy around?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:4, topic:58”]Quite right, my favourite too.
It’s also better than the best Sabata movie, so the best of its kind (Sabata always seemed to me no more than an alternative Sartana).
It doesn’t even matter that the plot is nearly incomprehensible (to put it mildly
Great Garko (unneccessairy to say to a man with your name).

By the way: W E L C O M E[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am an unabashed Garko fan…

I agree with you 100% re: Sartana vs. Sabata. If you Meet Sartana… is better than any of the Sabata flicks in my book. Sabata is clearly based in whole on the Sartana template, but nowhere near as interesting.

I like Sabata and Sartana both. However, I’m not too crazy about the Sabata Sequels. As for my favourite Sartana, its really hard to say, they are all so good.

Välkommen till forumet Garko Forever :slight_smile:

Hallo och tack du! (I hope I said that correctly - apologies if not!)

That was quite right, only we have this letter å in hallå, but no need to apologise for that of course!

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:5, topic:58”]I notice ‘Sartana in the Sandpit of Doom’ …sorry ‘Valley of Death’ isn’t there to vote for! You’d think …hmmm, Berger = cool; Sartana = cool … Berger as Sartana = ice cold. WRONG!
It’s o.k.-ish, but it ain’t gonna get a lot of votes if it was up there methinks.
I’m holding my vote til I’ve seen the first 2 again and somebody sorts out the voting poll above. '…trade your pistol …'s up there twice, and ‘If you meet…’ isn’t there.
Is there a deputy around?[/quote]

I think you should apply for Deputy next time Seb recruits Reverend!

Regarding Berger’s Sartana film - The ‘valley’ does more resemble a ‘sandpit’, and I WAS being sarcastic about this.
But, please don’t think I was being sarky about the rest.
I do need to re-watch the first 2 Sartana films before I cast a vote … it’s been a while since I last watched them.
And surely it needs somebody in authority to alter the voting categories at the top of the page to correct the mistake … I wouldn’t presume otherwise. Or shall I just presume that the top of the list is the original Sartana, instead of a repeat of ‘…trade…’. It does need changing tho’? Maybe? … trying to be helpful … not sarky.

No, you misunderstand, I just think you could apply for Deputy, that’s all, haha :wink:

Most spaghetti-westerns take place in a sandpit of doom…

or a mudpit of doom :wink:

Concerning soem of the above posts, hell, i love William Berger, but as noted, Valley of Death is not a very good film. I have the C’est La Vie disc, but have read frequently that it’s cut (one source claimed about 20 minutes was missing!!! ???). Has anyone seen an uncut version? And does it actually improve the film at all?

Aside from that, My choice is Angel Of Death, closely followed by Pray For Your Death (largely due to Berger’s mad performance). :wink:

Sorry. It’s easy to get it wrong when you can’t actually hear people’s voices. I did think, when I read my post back, that I sounded a bit sarcastic. My mistake amigo. [quote=“Lindberg, post:13, topic:58”]Most spaghetti-westerns take place in a sandpit of doom…

or a mudpit of doom ;)[/quote]
True. ‘Mud’ is the star of so many good films of this genre. ;D

I also have that disc (that runs in at 78-ish minutes) and read somewhere about the cuts, so I got the ‘Inter-Ocean’ video ‘Ballad of Death Valley’ (cos I’ve got a soft spot for it really :stuck_out_tongue: ) … which says 90 mins on the sleeve.
I started playing them ‘side by side’ once (sad but true), watching the better quality dvd, but keeping an eye on the vid for comparison. I only lasted about half way thru’ before I gave up … intending to suffer - sorry, watch the rest after I’d had a beer or 3 to make the experience more rewarding. I’ll get around to finishing the task one day.
I’m led to believe that the extra minutes have something to do with the ‘clockwork doll’ making more sense … which would be good - it’s one of the better bits of the film, but so far there’s just been a minute or so extra in the fist-fighting scenes … NOT what you need really! So … I’ll let you know when I do, unless somebody can enlighten us first?
Great song tho’ …“King for a day …”. Bugger, I’ll never get it out my head now ;).

Oh, and Berger topless in the bath … worth a posting in ‘Nudity’ Silver? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:15, topic:58”]Sorry. It’s easy to get it wrong when you can’t actually hear people’s voices. I did think, when I read my post back, that I sounded a bit sarcastic. My mistake amigo. True. ‘Mud’ is the star of so many good films of this genre. ;DI also have that disc (that runs in at 78-ish minutes) and read somewhere about the cuts, so I got the ‘Inter-Ocean’ video ‘Ballad of Death Valley’ (cos I’ve got a soft spot for it really :stuck_out_tongue: ) … which says 90 mins on the sleeve.
I started playing them ‘side by side’ once (sad but true), watching the better quality dvd, but keeping an eye on the vid for comparison. I only lasted about half way thru’ before I gave up … intending to suffer - sorry, watch the rest after I’d had a beer or 3 to make the experience more rewarding. I’ll get around to finishing the task one day.
I’m led to believe that the extra minutes have something to do with the ‘clockwork doll’ making more sense … which would be good - it’s one of the better bits of the film, but so far there’s just been a minute or so extra in the fist-fighting scenes … NOT what you need really! So … I’ll let you know when I do, unless somebody can enlighten us first?
Great song tho’ …“King for a day …”. Bugger, I’ll never get it out my head now ;).

Oh, and Berger topless in the bath … worth a posting in ‘Nudity’ Silver? :stuck_out_tongue: ;)[/quote]

Well, i’ll await such time as you do finish the comparison with interest, unless, as you say, someone else knows?

And yes, that is a great song! :wink:

When you say “worth posting in nudity”, did that mean by me or yourself? :smiley: I’m just keeping away from that thread…it’s acase of damned if i do and damned if i don’t i think… ;D

Hey, I don’t mind. I’m in touch with my feminine side! :stuck_out_tongue:
…Or maybe I’m jus’ guilty feeling for it being so ‘blokey’ over on that thread. Well by ‘blokey’ I obviously meant ‘girly’… ???
I think I’ll shut up now!
Sartana … huh?

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:17, topic:58”]Hey, I don’t mind. I’m in touch with my feminine side! :stuck_out_tongue:
…Or maybe I’m jus’ guilty feeling for it being so ‘blokey’ over on that thread. Well by ‘blokey’ I obviously meant ‘girly’… ???
Sartana … huh?[/quote]

Well, i guess it’s hard for that thread NOT to be “blokey”. I estimate that there are only two females posting on this forum. Obviously i’m unlikely to post pics of naked women :stuck_out_tongue: And i have the strange feeling that the guys wouldn’t appreciate me bombarding it with pics of barechested men… ;D

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:17, topic:58”]Hey, I don’t mind. I’m in touch with my feminine side! :stuck_out_tongue:
Sartana … huh?[/quote]

Haha, no I’m the girly one on this forum :wink:

You’re the sinner Reverend :o

But seriously, those pics are really crap, nothing to get excited about :smiley:

Ain’t this a democracy!!! Go ahead.
Besides Sebastian wanted ways to expand this site, and it’s already been mentioned by Scherp about some website saying ‘El Puro’ was getting a gay cult following. Who knows what’d happen. Maybe even more women maybe?