Poll:Sartana

‘…Heaven for the scenery … but Hell to be with my friends’ - Amigo! ;)[quote=“Lindberg, post:19, topic:58”]But seriously, those pics are really crap, nothing to get excited about :D[/quote]
That IS a ‘nice blouse’ tho!! ;D

Sartana?

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:20, topic:58”]Ain’t this a democracy!!! Go ahead.
Besides Sebastian wanted ways to expand this site, and it’s already been mentioned by Scherp about some website saying ‘El Puro’ was getting a gay cult following. Who knows what’d happen. Maybe even more women maybe?[/quote]

Not sure that’s what he had in mind by "expanding " the site :smiley: And while it would be nice to have more women here, i’ve never been able to persuade any of my friends/relatives to give any SW the time of day… But who knows…maybe a few pix’ll get slipped in there sometime…

And yes, Sartana! Only playable by Garko imo. But…i was thinking of picking up that cheap us dvd Fistful of Lead (it IS Sartana’s Here, Trade your Pistols For A Coffin isn’t it?). Any good? I’ve heard it’s cut and appalling quality?

I have a real soft spot for this. The quality of the print is not the best. Fullscreen, but it’ll do if it’s cheap and you can’t find a better print. (Is there one?) ???
It’s played - not exactly for laughs, it’s not a comedy … but it does have its tongue firmly in its cheek.
Charles Southwood as Sabbath is as camp as your coffee - white suit and brolly - very British - tea-drinking etc. and he is absolutely BRILLIANT imo! Hilton is as good as ever, and it’ not a bad li’l story to boot. I like it ;D.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:23, topic:58”]I have a real soft spot for this. The quality of the print is not the best. Fullscreen, but it’ll do if it’s cheap and you can’t find a better print. (Is there one?) ???
It’s played - not exactly for laughs, it’s not a comedy … but it does have its tongue firmly in its cheek.
Charles Southwood as Sabbath is as camp as your coffee - white suit and brolly - very British - tea-drinking etc. and he is absolutely BRILLIANT imo! Hilton is as good as ever, and it’ not a bad li’l story to boot. I like it ;D[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I think next time i’m on Amazon i’ll pick a copy up. I have seen a trailer for it, and noticed the English accent of Charles Southwood’s character. And as you say, Hilton is always reliable (i’m watching him at the moment in Case Of The Bloody Iris).

Oh, and glad to know that somebody knows what camp is…

Yeah well - it’s out of the context of the WAYEADATM thread … so nobody else will!
I hope you enjoy the film. It is SILLY, I can’t be sued (no money!)
I’m sure there’s loads that’ll hate this one but I think the Sabbath character is worth the price of admission.
(My ‘medicine’ seems to be doin’ the trick … goin’ for the zzzzzzzzzs. Goodnight y’all)

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:25, topic:58”]Yeah well - it’s out of the context of the WAYEADATM thread … so nobody else will!
I hope you enjoy the film. It is SILLY, I can’t be sued (no money!)
I’m sure there’s loads that’ll hate this one but I think the Sabbath character is worth the price of admission.
(My ‘medicine’ seems to be doin’ the trick … goin’ for the zzzzzzzzzs. Goodnight y’all)[/quote]

LOL, well i assumed you meant the Camp from the WAYEADATM thread anyway…and you’re probably right about no-one knowing what it is. I’ll let you know if i enjoy the film…eventually…after all those others…

[quote=“Lindberg, post:19, topic:58”]Haha, no I’m the girly one on this forum :wink:

You’re the sinner Reverend :o

But seriously, those pics are really crap, nothing to get excited about :D[/quote]

Why the change of name Sir?

Well, it fits a little better together with the Christina/Thriller avatar which I like to have now.

If I’d had a more “neutral” nickname from the start I could have kept it, even if I changed avatar.

I guess I’m (Mr) Lindberg now :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, here’s someone else who does. I guess you would need to be a brit of a certain age though.

C’Est La Vie DVD is missing 15 minutes or so. Some cuts are just few seconds, others last minutes. One subplot near the end is completely missing. It was some old man’s flashback sequence where Sartana’s ex-allies break in and kill the old man’s family or something like that. Sartana’s journey through “valley of death” is also severely cut making it less effective. The biggest problem with this DVD is not these cuts, though, but bland colours which make it look (even) more cheap than it is. Dutch VHS (Ballad of Death Valley, Sunrise Tapes) is slightly letterboxed and has much better colours which also make the film look much better. I don’t know how C’Est La Vie remastered their releases but they all look alike, regardless of the way these films were originally photographed. Compare their (strange) release of Some Dollars For Django to Italian Minerva DVD (english dub included) and you’ll notice there’s a big difference in how the film looks.

I have soft spot for this films as I like Berger and this film is the only unofficial Sartana sequel that actualy has “atmosphere” similar to official ones (Berger’s Sartana has gambler suit quite much like Garko’s and some plot elements are familiar to say at least). Not a great film but fun to watch, easily Mauri’s best genre effort.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:5, topic:58”]I’m holding my vote til I’ve seen the first 2 again and somebody sorts out the voting poll above. '…trade your pistol …'s up there twice, and ‘If you meet…’ isn’t there.
Is there a deputy around?[/quote]hmm, dunno what happened here. I’m pretty sure there was If you meet Sartana on the list when I started this topic (at least nobody mentioned about it and this is already over 2 years old topic). Anyway, I cannot modify it anymore.

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:30, topic:58”]C’Est La Vie DVD is missing 15 minutes or so. Some cuts are just few seconds, others last minutes. One subplot near the end is completely missing. It was some old man’s flashback sequence where Sartana’s ex-allies break in and kill the old man’s family or something like that. Sartana’s journey through “valley of death” is also severely cut making it less effective. The biggest problem with this DVD is not these cuts, though, but bland colours which make it look (even) more cheap than it is. Dutch VHS (Ballad of Death Valley, Sunrise Tapes) is slightly letterboxed and has much better colours which also make the film look much better. I don’t know how C’Est La Vie remastered their releases but they all look alike, regardless of the way these films were originally photographed. Compare their (strange) release of Some Dollars For Django to Italian Minerva DVD (english dub included) and you’ll notice there’s a big difference in how the film looks.

I have soft spot for this films as I like Berger and this film is the only unofficial Sartana sequel that actualy has “atmosphere” similar to official ones (Berger’s Sartana has gambler suit quite much like Garko’s and some plot elements are familiar to say at least). Not a great film but fun to watch, easily Mauri’s best genre effort.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, so quite a bit was cut out of it then. I know ETC sell (what they say is) an uncut version. Don’t know about the quality but i guess i might check it out at some point. And i do agree with you, Berger does look the part, and due to his presence i too have a soft spot for this film, despite the odd comment to the contrary… :wink:

Fun to revive this topic…

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[size=20pt]Buon funerale, amigos!.. paga Sartana[/size]

My favorite Sartana SW!

;D [notice my avatar!]

Question: How come Django sfida Sartana is not included? ???

Is there any particular reason that IF YOU MEET SARTANA–PRAY FOR YOUR DEATH (aka, SARTANA) isn’t on this poll?
That is by far, in my personal opinion, the best of all the official Sartana films.

I like some of the others, but they just don’t hold a candle to the first and best.

EDIT: Oooops!! I missed all the previous posts about this! Sorry, folks!!

[quote=“happyfortune, post:33, topic:58”]Fun to revive this topic…

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[size=20pt]Buon funerale, amigos!.. paga Sartana[/size]

My favorite Sartana SW!

;D [notice my avatar!]

Question: How come Django sfida Sartana is not included? ???[/quote]

This poll is only for official entries in the Sartana series. That is why Django sfida Sartana is not included.

By the way, Have a good funeral… is also my favorite in the series. The plot just flows better and is easier to understand than the other movies.

Also Gianni Garko himself said that Buon funerale… was his favorite!!

I picked “Angel of Death” but it was a difficult choice as i am a fan of the Sartana movies.

Can i ask why “If you meet Sartana …” wasn’t included?

[quote=“CactusCharlie, post:36, topic:58”]I picked “Angel of Death” but it was a difficult choice as i am a fan of the Sartana movies.

Can i ask why “If you meet Sartana …” wasn’t included?[/quote]
maybe the put wrong two sartana trade your pistol

of course: if you meet sartana pray for your death, after light the fuse sartana is coming

My favourite is Light the Fuse and Have a Good Funeral is a close second. Both have great soundtracks. I like the first Sabata movie a lot but I think the first sequel is garbage. The “sequel” called Adios Sabata (which is really Indio Black) with Yul Brynner is quite good too.

Bill San Antonio fucked up when he made this poll. I think the film on the top was meant to be pray for your death.

Someone should start a new poll so we can redo it.