Planing to release my own SW DVD's

Ok, I’m planning to restore and release Spaghs not available on DVD or any sort of good looking version. So, my questions are:

1. What’s the easiest way to restore films?
  2. What’s the easiest way to restore the films sound (would look wierd with a great looking film that has terrible sound ;))?

For now I would like to release Kitosch, The Man Who Came From The North.

Good luck :wink: .

I’ve no idea silence but i wish you well in your project.

Don´t restore them, it will cost you a shit load of cash. If the film is rare enough and it´s factory pressed, people will buy it anyway. Just make sure the audio is in synch and that it´s not cropped to shit.

1. Pretend you own the rights, to hell with actually buying them. As long as there’s no sign of other companies releasing it, you should be fine.
  2. Go to a dvd factory and examine the possibilities (price etc.) of getting it pressed there. Make sure you get the see the glass master before okaying the project.
  3. You now have, let’s say, a hundred factory pressed dvd’s. Get someone from this forum, or yourself, to design a cover in exchange for a copy.
  4. Get a good deal at a printshop for the jackets.
  5. Get a good deal for dvd keep cases.
  6. Put the jackets and dvd’s in the cases.
  7. Spread the word. SWDB seems the best place to start.
    Voila. You’re a dvd distributor.

You can contact me for the Cover. :wink: I wish you good luck with your project.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:4, topic:2222”]Don´t restore them, it will cost you a shit load of cash. If the film is rare enough and it´s factory pressed, people will buy it anyway. Just make sure the audio is in synch and that it´s not cropped to shit.

1. Pretend you own the rights, to hell with actually buying them. As long as there’s no sign of other companies releasing it, you should be fine.
  2. Go to a dvd factory and examine the possibilities (price etc.) of getting it pressed there. Make sure you get the see the glass master before okaying the project.
  3. You now have, let’s say, a hundred factory pressed dvd’s. Get someone from this forum, or yourself, to design a cover in exchange for a copy.
  4. Get a good deal at a printshop for the jackets.
  5. Get a good deal for dvd keep cases.
  6. Put the jackets and dvd’s in the cases.
  7. Spread the word. SWDB seems the best place to start.
    Voila. You’re a dvd distributor.[/quote]In other words it’s not happenin’?

I suggest waiting till your older Silence. Not because your young but becuase you’re going to need a steady job for such an undertaking. But why not think of this as a career choice for when you’re older.

I didn’t say that. On the contrary, I find it very commendable of Silence. Production costs of 100 dvd’s (manufacturing, cases and sleeves) will probably be around 300 euro. Selling them at 10 euro a piece, he will break even when he’s sold 30 pieces. That is not impossible. I sign up for one Kitosch dvd if he gets it done, so that’s 29 to go.

I think that the case should be special one for instance tin case and the quantity have to be extremely limited so that DVD will immediately become collectibles thing.
This is a long thread but worth a look[url]http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=825.210[/url]

I would of course buy one…so thats 28 to go !

[quote=“djvaso, post:8, topic:2222”]I think that the case should be special one for instance tin case and the quantity have to be extremely limited so that DVD will immediately become collectibles thing.
This is a long thread but worth a look[url]http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=825.210[/url][/quote]
That is great, yes. People can be suckers for stuff like that indeed! But it also make it more expensive to produce. What Silence could do is do the regular Amaray case, but hand number each one with ‘…/100’ printed on there already. I reckon that would be enough to make it collectible. Design has to be slick, but if Dicfish is in charge that won’t be a problem.
Must say I really like the idea!

I’d buy one as well. Not meaning to be hard. It is comendable

I would buy it too. Think the edition is feasible, the hard work is in the restoring.

[size=18pt]“Release me on DVD, Silence!”[/size]

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:13, topic:2222”][size=18pt]“Release me on DVD, Silence!”[/size][/quote];D

This might help too:

Great poster!

I would totally support you silence and buy a copy. But I hope you are ready for the challenge, its not an easy thing to do!

If he has a somewhat decent master, he’s halfway there. I’vve thought myself about doing it and probably will if funds allow me. But here in Holland we have Stichting Brein, which basically is the CD and DVD Gestapo. No pressing factory is allowed to do a job without their consent. Which doesn’t mean that there’s no bootlegs here, by the way. But it makes it a tad harder.

If you do go through with this Silence, just be careful not to over-do the cleanup and noise reduction. It’s a fine line to walk, but a little bit of snap-crackle-n-pop in these old flicks is much preferable to what happens when you clean them up too much.

I’m not an expert on DVD duplication, but know some guys who self-released an EP through MPO services (www.mpo.es). If I correctly recall the only thing they demand was a declaration of owner rights, which basically is bullshit, they never confirm such things.