Peter Lee Lawrence

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:23, topic:815”]I saw an Anthony Steffen biography on the book section of this site.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Anthony_Steffen_-biography

Also, William Berger apparently had a 1985 autobiography called “Half way home”.[/quote]

Ever since reading this post i’ve been trying to track down this Berger book, with no success whatsoever, (and i would really love to read a book abou his guy!). Typing the info into Google, all i keep getting is books about classical music and opera by a different William Berger! Anyone know anything about whether this book actually exists, or is it another Wikipedia mistake? ???

I’d love to read that Anthony Steffen one too, pity there isn’t an Engliah language version :frowning:

Having still had no luck with the email addresses :’( I am now hoping that the German
Koch/Kult x and other companies will release NEW DVDS of PETER LEE LAWRENCE

I actually just read a review for Raise Your Hands, Dead Man, You’re Under Arrest and the reviewer actually wrote that Lawrence was a refreshing lead but lacked charisma. Not sure the guy knew what he was talking about. He also compared Lawrence’s looks to Jude Law’s.

Truth is, I also think he lacks charisma. (SD will kill me virtual for this)

Never liked him very much, I always felt he was a bit misplaced in most of his SWs.

Stanton baby I got a “hitman” :wink: looking for you… :’( He’s from Naples “Camorra” :smiley:

I can understand that NOT everybody will like/love any particular actor/actress, but I
have posted enormous data/facts/opinion/analysis on why I and MILLIONS of others
are 100% sure and certain that :

PETER LEE LAWRENCE was a talented/charismatic/iconic/handsome SW Leading Man

It shows clearly in every one of PLL’s SWs and his electric chemistry with leading ladies :-*
But if one’s tastes are “pseudo” “intellectual”“pretentious arty farty” sleepy dramas :o :’(
then all Peter Lee Lawrence’s many screen acting qualities that person will miss/ignore.
That is his loss , thankfully I am NOT affected by the “arty pretentious” snore zz films.

Jude Law pffffff thats another one of these “mainstream” recent rubbish after 1982
“actors” that is not even fit to lick Peter Lee Lawrence’s muddy Western boots :smiley:

Peter Lee Lawrence Especially For Stanton :wink:

Of course, I’ll agree with Sartana. Going back to Delon again, I know there are people who don’t think he had charisma. So I guess to each his own.

Delon had charisma, at least in the 60s wherer he made his best work. Even if he only looks as cold as ice. Perfect actor for Jean Pierre Melville.

On Saturday (to be correct on Sunday 3:50 in the morning on Kabel 1) there will be Killer Adios on german TV. This one wasn’t released in Germany theatrically, but dubbed in the 80s for a TV showing. I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll do, and then maybe more about PLL.
Well, only if SDs Camorra amigos haven’t got me till then.

[quote=“stanton, post:67, topic:815”]Delon had charisma, at least in the 60s wherer he made his best work. Even if he only looks as cold as ice. Perfect actor for Jean Pierre Melville.

On Saturday (to be correct on Sunday 3:50 in the morning on Kabel 1) there will be Killer Adios on german TV. This one wasn’t released in Germany theatrically, but dubbed in the 80s for a TV showing. I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll do, and then maybe more about PLL.
Well, only if SDs Camorra amigos haven’t got me till then.[/quote]

WE are totally AGREED on ALAIN DELON having charisma in the 1960s Stanton :slight_smile:
ALAIN DELON has been for me and people in Japan/France/Europe/Asia Etc one of the
most iconic/powerful screen presence/charming/talented INTERNATIONAL actors 60s/70s/80s. I have treasured so many Alain Delon French/Euro thrillers dubbed into
English like LE SAMOURAI 1967, GIRL ON A MOTORCYCLE 1968, FAREWELL FRIEND 70 :smiley:

I hope you get a good showing of KILLER ADIOS 1968 Stanton and that you watch it
with a totally open mind , willing to like/appreciate and concentrate on the plot/actors :wink:
Kabel 1 is a good channel for SWs, I am not sure if its on my German Satellites list but
I have got Sat3, MDR, ZDF, SW3, RtL etc :slight_smile:

Talking of “Camorra” Mafiosi Killers , the amusing thing is that when they go home to
the old parents , all the “Camorra” mamas insist on their sons wearing scarfs & Gloves,
taking a packed lunch in case they get hungry during their “daily activities”. Mamma Mia

@ Dean number , glad we agree on PLL , but I assure you Alain DELON was/is superb

ALAIN DELON Charismatic Cool GREAT In Jean-Pierre Melville’s LE SAMOURAI 67

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:68, topic:815”]Talking of “Camorra” Mafiosi Killers , the amusing thing is that when they go home to
the old parents , all the “Camorra” mamas insist on their sons wearing scarfs & Gloves,
taking a packed lunch in case they get hungry during their “daily activities”. Mamma Mia[/quote]

La famiglia is an important part of the italian way of life, so it’s no wonder it’s essential to crime rings like mafia, camorra and n’dragheta, SD. And you know that of all family members, la mamma is the most important one.

As far as I know, they’re not crime rings in the sense that they are one united organisation; usually they’re a series of more or less independent families that may work together in one case, but are rivals in another one. Camorra families don’t have headquarters somewhere in the Via Roma of Napels, where you could order a hired gun (have gun, will travel*) to shoot a guy from Germany. I’m not an expert on these matters, but as far as I know it’s very hard from someone outside the camorra/mafia/n’dragheta to ask them for help.

• Have gun, will travel - when I was a kid, that series was on television and I thought the main character was called Will Travel. (I had no idea what Have gun meant.) But I was fascinated by Richard Boone’s character, dressed in black, looking really menacing, and often said, when we were playing after school, that I wanted to be Will Travel.

I’m actually a huge Delon fan. Le Samourai is one of my favorite films.

Good to hear that Dean.
Also DIABOLICALLY YOURS 1968 , UN FLIC 1972, RED CIRCLE 1970 , ZORRO 1975
Alain Delon at his best. :slight_smile:

Scherpy one of the “Dons” said on the phone he’ll shoot anybody In Africa for a PIZZA :smiley: Maybe to shoot someone in Germany he’ll want “a bit more” :wink: But he said “omerta” :smiley: :wink:
Then his momma took the phone off him as his “omelette” was ready to eat on the table.
I suspect you “know” more about the Mafia/Camorra/Corleone than you are letting on :o :wink:

I have the 1st 3 seasons of Richard Boone’s HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL 55-63 good TV yes.

Maybe Christina will have to shoot SD? :smiley: :wink:

I’ve seen the Red Circle and his Zorro movie. Red Circle is a classic in my opinion.

Have you ever seen Long Arm of the Godfather? It is one of PLL’s non-westerns. It was one of the first films I saw him in since it is one of the few available on Amazon. The storyline is pretty weak, but as with several of his films I’ve seen, PLL’s prescence makes up for it.

I recently watched The Man who Killed Billy the Kid with PLL.

I think he was perfect in that film, didn’t matter that he was “too pretty”, film itself was really good, liked it a lot, great music as well!

Got my dvd-r in a trade, don’t know the origin, the movie-print was not so good, but at least widescreen and english audio.

No, I don’t. I’ve seen (and read) The Godfather, of course. I also read a study about the phenomenon of organized crime in the South of Italy, but as I recall the writer’s most important message was that it was difficult to say something specific or conclusive on the subject.
I have been discussing the phenomenon with Italians from the South, but all they can tell is hearsay, and when you insist a little, they’ll tell you it’s very difficult to say something specific or conclusive on the subject.
But that is, I suppose, exactly what ‘omerta’ is about.
Nobody knows, nobody wants to know …

I’ll be away for a few days
See you on friday

No Lindberg , I think Christina can be “more useful” and “pleasing” in other ways
I was “rather surprised” and “delighted” :o with some of the photos of Christina that
I saw upon my internet searches :smiley:

;)[quote=“Lindberg, post:74, topic:815”]I recently watched The Man who Killed Billy the Kid with PLL.

I think he was perfect in that film, didn’t matter that he was “too pretty”, film itself was really good, liked it a lot, great music as well!

Got my dvd-r in a trade, don’t know the origin, the movie-print was not so good, but at least widescreen and english audio.

[/quote]

Yes that was a very entertaining Film with an excellent leading role for PLL.
The film was directed by prolific Spanish director Julio Buchs, had a good Fausto Tozzi
and a cute DYANIK ZURAKOWSKA as “Helen” the leading lady, who works well with PLL
Tack for that photo Lindberg :slight_smile:

@ Scherpy

:smiley: Good reply to my “inference” about your Mafia knowledge and as an Italian born in
Rome I have to agree with all you say.
There is in Italy a climate of fear , a code of muteness/silence and suspicion of others :o
Locals from Southern Italy Bari, Sicily, Sardinia etc have a zipped up mouth a bit like a
great film I saw with FRANCO NERO , from the 70s I think. Information is like gold.
Enjoy your travels Scherpy.

Last question before my departure:

What surprises me is the Italian title:

E divenne il più spietato bandido del sud
"And he became the most ruthless bandit of the South"

I know Pat Garret got into conflict with the people who payed him to shoot Billy, but I never knew hebecame such a ruthless crook, or is Billy killed by someone else in this movie?

[quote=“deannumber, post:73, topic:815”]I’ve seen the Red Circle and his Zorro movie. Red Circle is a classic in my opinion.

Have you ever seen Long Arm of the Godfather? It is one of PLL’s non-westerns. It was one of the first films I saw him in since it is one of the few available on Amazon. The storyline is pretty weak, but as with several of his films I’ve seen, PLL’s prescence makes up for it.[/quote]

In ZORRO 1975 ALAIN DELON and OTTAVIA PICCOLO , we have a magnificent
title tune from Oliver Onions which adds to a wonderful movie.
There are so many excellent/classic Alain Delon Films that I could be here all night typing

I Have The LONG ARM OF THE GODFATHER 1972 with PLL , from Amazon and need to
see it again before I say too much but I recall PLL was top class as usual and villain
Adolfo Celi was as fat/slimy/repulsive as he always is :smiley:

Scherpy I am sure Lindberg will answer your question as he’s just seen the PLL Film :slight_smile:
PLL played Billy The Kid in the film and the title refers to his conflict with the law/state.
I cannot reveal explicit plot details.

[quote=“deannumber, post:73, topic:815”]I’ve seen the Red Circle and his Zorro movie. Red Circle is a classic in my opinion.

Have you ever seen Long Arm of the Godfather? It is one of PLL’s non-westerns. It was one of the first films I saw him in since it is one of the few available on Amazon. The storyline is pretty weak, but as with several of his films I’ve seen, PLL’s prescence makes up for it.[/quote]

Got to agree here. The film isn’t really up to much but PLL’s performance is top notch. He was just a very versatile presence, and could go from playing a nice guy to a bad guy very easily. Hell, even some of his “heroes” weren’t particularly likeable (thinking “Silver” here for instance). As for his expression, he could switch from nice, to mean, bratty or cold very effectively…each performance was very different.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:78, topic:815”]Last question before my departure:

What surprises me is the Italian title:

E divenne il più spietato bandido del sud
"And he became the most ruthless bandit of the South"

I know Pat Garret got into conflict with the people who payed him to shoot Billy, but I never knew hebecame such a ruthless crook, or is Billy killed by someone else in this movie?[/quote]

Probably going to have to look at it again but i’m pretty sure Billy gets killed by another guy :slight_smile: