Peter Lee Lawrence

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:20, topic:815”]Maybe you are right Silver, but I am very determined and persistent :o
Let us hope I can find her email address to start with …
I may have a go at Erica Blanc later…email that is… :smiley: ;)[/quote]

So i’ve noticed! :wink:

Well, i wish you luck, (with Christina and Erica!). I heard that Ms Galbo has a flamenco school in the US. If so, maybe you could track her down through that ???

Thanks Silver, I need luck as so far have not struck any gold and am still doing research.
I am absolutely amazed that NO BOOK appears to have been researched/printed on
PETER LEE LAWRENCE or RICHARD HARRISON or ANTHONY STEFFEN.
Or On MARIA ROHM or LUCIANA PALUZZI. :-* :-*
We have a regurgitation of books on chubby rotund Lizzie “ogre” The Taylor, Nose Loren
but none on the real quality/great Actors/actresses. I am “raging” and pondering :smiley:

I saw an Anthony Steffen biography on the book section of this site.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Anthony_Steffen_-biography

Also, William Berger apparently had a 1985 autobiography called “Half way home”.

Thanks Col. DM a biography A.Steffen is at least something in the right direction :wink:
Berger I will look into, but he was not one of my urgent “wants” :o

This is my first time ever coming to this site. I think it’s real cool that there are people out there who still remember Peter. I’ve bought all of his films that I could find and think he was a great actor and very charismatics. I know this is a spaghettie western board, but I wish you had gotten a chance to do more non western films. Some films of his that I’ve been trying to find are Awkard Hands, Death on High Mountain, and Garringo. Does anyone know where I could find those in the format that goes along with US dvd players?

Hi Dean , welcome to the SW Forum and wonderful to have another Peter Lee Lawrence fan on site. There is lots of info on this forum about DVDS available and where from. :smiley:
It all depends on which languages you seek the DVDS in and your picture/audio likes.

I have GARRINGO 1969 DVD from Italy , but I speak Italian. :smiley:

Thanks Sartana! I will look around to see what I can find out about DVDS.

PETER LEE LAWRENCE In Killer Adios 1968

I’ve always liked PLL - Not always the best films that he gets to be in but a good performance every time from the man.
I’ve been revisiting some of my collection of films, just perusing … and he stands out as a fine actor in the genre. I’m gonna make it a priority to watch these again. ‘Dead are Countless’, and ‘A Few Bullets More’ top of the list … unfortunately maybe not the best copies out there tho’. Still … can’t complain ;D

A fellow member introduced me to PLL, and have been impressed with his performances and films so far.

Viewed Days of Violence recently and enjoyed, and my next PLL film to be viewed will be Arriva Sabata.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:29, topic:815”]I’ve always liked PLL - Not always the best films that he gets to be in but a good performance every time from the man.
I’ve been revisiting some of my collection of films, just perusing … and he stands out as a fine actor in the genre. I’m gonna make it a priority to watch these again. ‘Dead are Countless’, and ‘A Few Bullets More’ top of the list … unfortunately maybe not the best copies out there tho’. Still … can’t complain ;D[/quote]

Rev. all your sins / “excesses” are totally forgiven and absolved after your above post :wink:
As I said numerous times PETER LEE LAWRENCE had that special magical screen
presence, enormous talent and acted as leading man in about 17 SW that are classics :smiley:
Each of Peter’s performances in his SWs/Other films have remained in my memory and I
hope you also enjoy as many of his films as possible whether remastered or not :smiley:
I am hopeful Koch/Kult / other companies will be releasing more PLL Films on DVD soon.

PS. Excellent viewing Ennioo I have the exact same DVDS to view again soon.

Yeah, PLL did have a very special appeal. I truly do believe that you could have been a bigger star had he branched out more from the westerns. I don’t know why, but he sort of reminded me of River Phoenix when I first saw him.

Yes Dean, Had PETER LEE LAWRENCE lived beyond the young age of 29 he I am sure would
have made many more great/classic/memorable Films both SWs, Giallos, Thrillers, Scifi etc :slight_smile:
We have to make do with PLL’s 30 movies he made in the space of only 9 years 65-74 :smiley:

I think it would have been really interesting if Lawrence had branched into American or British films during lifetime. I know he did films like Black Beauty but that was a pretty small role. I remember seeing that film for the first time and thinking that he was a really good actor because it seemed so different from his western roles. He did a pretty good job in such a small part. He just had that special screen prescence that so few actors have. No matter who else was on the screen he was able to draw the atttention to himself by just being there. I wouldn’t disagree with him being the James Dean of westerns.

PETER LEE LAWRENCE did make some excellent thrillers, war films and Italian Giallos in addition to his greatest 17 SWs. :slight_smile: .
In BLACK BEAUTY 1971 , Peter’s role was very heroic, tragic, tender as he played a doomed cavalry officer in love with MARIA ROHM, accused of cowardice who dies while
riding Black Beauty The lovely horse in a deadly battle.
PETER LEE LAWRENCE as I explained in detail elsewhere is worth 100 times James Dean who made only 3 extremely poor/dull/overlong dramas that induced yawning. :cry:

PETER LEE LAWRENCE “Western Pose”

I thought Lawrence was great in Black Beauty. Very different roles from his western ones. I just watched him in Treasure of Emerald Island yesterday. He gave a great performance as a villian in that film. I don’t really agree with you about the Dean stuff. I like his films and thought he was also a talented actor, but I can see how his films aren’t for everyone.

I am going to order Garringo, Killer Adios, Killer Caliber 32 from Atlas Visuals soon. I will let you guys know what I think.

Wonderful selection Col.DM , I hope you receive good quality DVDS and review them nicely.

I was wondering if anyone knew how Lawrence ended his life. It would also be nice to know how long he knew about the tumor, but I doubt anyone on here would have that information. It’s a shame more isn’t known about him.

It sucks that he died because it seems hes a forgotten hero. Guys like Garko and Steffen are more well known today because they lived longer and remained in the public eye, whereas PLL didn’t get that chance. Its too bad because he was on equal footing with the other SW leading men in terms of popularity. Killer Adios I’ve heard was a huge hit in spain, yet there is no proper DVD release.

Anyway, I’m not sure how well he would have done had he lived on. He died in 74, when the SW genre was all but dead. So he would probably have to cross over to other genres but may have been a victim of typecasting because of his so many SW’s. And we know that talent doesn’t always translate into success. He certainly seemed very versatile.