Pecos Cleans Up / Pecos è qui: prega e muori! (Maurizio Lucidi, 1967)

I have had it on the pile since I watched the first…should get to it eventually.

Watched this tonight and I actually loved it. From the comments I was expecting the usual slapstick styled comedy common to spaghettis and which I don’t care for at all, but I really found this film quite charming and was surprised to find more of the type of spaghetti scenes I love than expected. I guess I really just love the Pecos character and it was enjoyable to watch another Pecos film.

I liked this so much, I think I’d be adding it to my alt. top 20

4 Likes

I think you are right about the Pecos character, it’s one of Woods’ best, and I don’t think this one would be half as good without him. Although the first is clearly the better of the two, his presence certainly elevates this film.

2 Likes

Totally agreed. Robert Woods is a huge part of both films’ success

Also, here’s a comparison between the Koch DVD & Wild East BD. The Wild East transfer is 2.40 & has a bit more picture on the sides. This Koch transfer is 2.35 & has slightly more vertical picture:

WE Top / Koch Bottom

This movie’s page in the database has been updated to the new 3.0 format. Please report any errors or additions, like texts, reviews, pictures, facts, links, etc.

1 Like

New poll for this one, too, top of the page under the original post! :arrow_up:

Thought this was quite poor. Difficult to sit through.

Looked really cheap. Half of it was in a sand pit, the rest on some cardboard cave sets left over from what looked like a Fu Manchu movie. The chief villain even dressed a bit like Fu Manchu. Strange that the tone was so different than the first movie.

It was released only 3m after the first movie so must have been started before the first one was released (they can’t have waited for the overseas gross of the first movie before starting this). Did they have a couple of spare weeks after the first one finished? Woods must have done this instead of the MacGregors sequel and didn’t want to admit his error in interviews so claimed he didn’t get on with Agatha Flory.

1 Like

In his autobiography Castellari reveals that on the set of I Came, I Saw, I Shot a.k.a. One Dollar Too Many there were strong tensions and arguments between Antonio Sabàto and Agata Flori because she, as partner of the producer Dario Sabatello (who also produced the McGregor films), used to behave in an overbearing way.

2 Likes

That’s interesting.

I wondered why, if they had disagreements, the producers would favour her over him. Had assumed it would have been his cost.