Original vhs covers

Very nice find amigo. Especially in this day and age.

Thanks!

Some closer pics, without flash this time

Great collection of tapes, BL! Man, and among them Montana Trap aka Zwei gegen Tod und Teufel/Potato Fritz! I’ve never come by that movie, a German western starring Hardy Krüger … and German soccerstar Paul Breitner !!! :smiley:

Nice found BL!

@ BL

I have watched several of these tapes in the 80s, rented them in Video Library in Antwerp (where I bought the tapes I sent to you, the name of the shop has been changed to Movie Max). I still remember the covers: The Hunting Party, DJango the Runner, Shalako, Fort Yuma Gold, Vengeance …

Best cover: Samson Draaiplezier (and what a title!)

Yeah, most you mention are Video For Pleasure tapes. VFP was a big label back in those days. Samson paid VFP for the Draaiplezier label, so that label is actually also VFP. The film is a Batzella, reviewed it too: La colt era il suo Dio | Filmrecensies.net

Looking forward to Potato Fritz, Bluntwolf. Don’t know what to expect. Think I’ll watch it tonight.

An’ here’s my betamax one (which is just the same as yours but with a betamax sticker over vhs and a different distributor label)…

Cool! They used exactly the same sleeve. Mine just has some stickers on them, one mentioning the Dutch subs. The description on the back is in English, exactly like yours. Top labels on the tape are the same, so it must have been some international outfit, these Techno/Fletcher guys.

I will do some scanning later in the weekend, as scans are much nicer to look at. Gotta get that thing from our storage room first.

Take it you still have a player for the betamax ones Rev ?, or did you transfer them to dvd r ?

I’ve never owned a betamax Ennioo. (Think I may have had a Philips many moons ago. :o)
I bought this some time ago when it wasn’t so easy to get these films. I knew somebody with a betamax player but never got around to tranferring it (not surprisingly).
I presume I’ve got a dvdr, that I must’ve got in a trade of it somewhere, now 'cos I’m sure I’ve seen it.

Never had a beta player myself, but still had some of the tapes at one point re trades :wink: .

As promised some scans to enjoy. More to come…

(Some didn´t quite fit on the scanner)

Always enjoying seeing covers of those old tapes, keep 'em coming BL!

Yeah, me too. I’m quitting for now. Gotta get up at 5.30 in the morning tomorrow. After work tomorrow I’ll do some more.

5.30 :’( …thats what I call early.

And I haven’t even told you my job, hehe.

I have to stand for 8 hours, inspecting jars on cracks and other irregularities. Now, there’s something suited to my intellect!

Can’t wait till it’s friday again… (after the work is done that is)

EDIT Goddamnit! I just realised it was already monday when I posted. I want my weekend back :cry:

Thats some job :stuck_out_tongue: .