Online shop review topic

Thanks for the heads up. That’s good to know, as I only checked for one DVD and was afraid adding more would just increase the cost… I suppose that makes amazon the best bet then

Do mean their ethics or their products? You haven’t answered if you had a problem with their products, shipping, etc.

i’m sure the discs play fine and will arrive and probably look pretty good on your TV, but IMO if you’re going to pay for discs then buy them from the companies that deserve your money and may stop releasing spaghettis without your business

xploitedcinema.com still has some spaghettis in stock, HKFlix has some more, DVDEmpire sells Wild East discs for good prices as well as some others, and DVDPacific stocks most of the US Retail spaghettis for the lowest prices around

With a little looking around, you can download most of the stuff from cultcine for free

As a sidenote, it looks like cultcine has maybe read some of our(my) complaints because his prices are now lower at $10-$13 a disc… that is more like it and I have less of a problem with the site now

Thanks for your reply.

I used to buy all of my euro-westerns from XPloited, but they don’t carry anything that I don’t already have. If you can direct me to any site that you like better than Cultcine that has wide screen, English language transfers of the following films in as complete versions as Cultcine that I can buy today. I’ll be happy to check out their web site. (-:

“The Big Gundown”, “The Mercenary”, “Get Mean”.

well there are ways you can get them but I guess I don’t really care much any more… enjoy

Gosh…thanks. (-:

i guess i should clarify not really places you can buy them… trades and the like… if i was going to recommend a place to buy them, it would be the original sources (IE the Koch discs and French releases) but they do not feature the english audio you’re wanting. this is the only person that sells these dubs i know of

Except you can buy Death Rides A Horse from the MGM disc

and from Global Video you can buy Ringo Kill

But the others are available among trading fans only, and this guy

Diabolik occasionally gets a few Koch DVD’s in here in the states. But without xploited, we are kinda’ screwed.

Regarding the availability of European (Koch etc.) discs in the States I honestly think you are going the wrong way about this. I mean, if I want to buy an American release I check out online shops in America, not Denmark (where I can’t buy them anyways as selling non-R2 discs is illegal because of some insane rule but that’s beside the question). If I want to buy a German disc I check out shops in Germany etc. (you get the point). You may have to pay more in shipping but each disc will certainly be a lot cheaper than the one’s you buy/bought from American online shops. Can’t remember what xploited used to charge for Koch discs but probably around $20 or so (?). If you buy them from amazon.de you pay only $15 and a fixed postage as far as I can see, so that difference is quickly equalized.

So get going :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:49, topic:1091”]Regarding the availability of European (Koch etc.) discs in the States I honestly think you are going the wrong way about this. I mean, if I want to buy an American release I check out online shops in America, not Denmark (where I can’t buy them anyways as selling non-R2 discs is illegal because of some insane rule but that’s beside the question). If I want to buy a German disc I check out shops in Germany etc. (you get the point). You may have to pay more in shipping but each disc will certainly be a lot cheaper than the one’s you buy/bought from American online shops. Can’t remember what xploited used to charge for Koch discs but probably around $20 or so (?). If you buy them from amazon.de you pay only $15 and a fixed postage as far as I can see, so that difference is quickly equalized.

So get going :)[/quote]

Have to agree here. I’m in the UK so it is a bit easier regarding European stuff, but i order my Koch stuff always from Amazon.De, Spanish stuff from DVD.Go and when i want R1 stuff i order from US suppliers, usually Amazon these days. You can usually get most of the R1’s from sellers on the UK Amazon but they charge 2-3 times more…so it’s cheaper to get them from the source, postage included.

I did check non-US shops but still only found a few stores carrying the koch titles except for amazon… with OMG being the cheapest but still expensive… the prices at other stores was ridiculous… like 30 EUR per disc plus 20 EUR for shipping

So amazon.de seems to be the cheapest with koch discs around 8,99 EUR per disc and 13.99 EUR for flat rate shipping up to ? number of discs

The 8,99 is a pre release price. After (or shortly before) they have been released they climb to 9,99, sometimes they cost even 11,99. Prices change often at Amazon.

Yep you’re right… thought I was looking at Cjamango for 8,99 but just checked again and it is actually 9,95

Although they offer you to buy packs of 3 Koch titles for only EUR 8,36 per disc. Checked out the shipping when you do 3 and it is still 14,00 EUR total

For that deal with shipping, works out to about $20 per title

[quote=“Søren, post:49, topic:1091”]Regarding the availability of European (Koch etc.) discs in the States I honestly think you are going the wrong way about this. I mean, if I want to buy an American release I check out online shops in America, not Denmark (where I can’t buy them anyways as selling non-R2 discs is illegal because of some insane rule but that’s beside the question). If I want to buy a German disc I check out shops in Germany etc. (you get the point). You may have to pay more in shipping but each disc will certainly be a lot cheaper than the one’s you buy/bought from American online shops. Can’t remember what xploited used to charge for Koch discs but probably around $20 or so (?). If you buy them from amazon.de you pay only $15 and a fixed postage as far as I can see, so that difference is quickly equalized.

So get going :)[/quote]
The fact is that AxelMusic.com, an specialized on-line store for R1 releases, is located in Denmark.

This is quite interesting to me, and the mention of Denmark having a rule against selling R1 dvd’s,as there was a shop in Lincoln (UK) where I live and they used to sell dvd’s and memorabilia but mainly R1 dvd’s and they were prosecuted…i gather it was mainly to do with them getting in R1’s that had not yet had a release in the UK and therefore had no UK certificate or something like that. More likely money was the reason!

[quote=“autephex, post:54, topic:1091”]Although they offer you to buy packs of 3 Koch titles for only EUR 8,36 per disc. Checked out the shipping when you do 3 and it is still 14,00 EUR total

For that deal with shipping, works out to about $20 per title[/quote]

I don’t think $20 is bad for the Koch discs, you would have paid that at xploited plus postage (would have been $12 extra for me).

AxelMusic is Danish, yes. But their .com-department sends discs directly from the States and are located in the States not Denmark as that would be in violation of said law. All communication with them is performed in English also, no Danish allowed. And I mean allowed.

Even cd-wow which also had a Danish department weren’t allowed to have a Danish domain (.dk) because of them selling R1/R3 etc. discs.

Does anyone have an experience with www.uncut.ch store? They have some release which I haven’t seen anywhere else.
Thanks in advance.

What is a situation in your countries when an order is sent by express service (UPS, DHL, FeDex)? Do you have to pay additional fees?
Thanks in advance.