Of the Films Made in the Last 10 Years, Which Ones Will be Remembered?

I don’t know… I mean, Tim Burton’s Batman movies are not that well remembered and those are suppose to be the best…

they are? not to me. Burton didn’t do a great job with them.

This is the question my friend. It may be fun in a dark humour type of way :wink: .

These flicks are awful.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:23, topic:2074”]You’re pessimistic as well, Frank. Be honest, bullshit is being produced, ok, but on the other hand it has been produced ever since the invention of moving pictures…

People tend to glorify the good old days of movies, but most of the flicks produced in the ole days were crap as well.[/quote]
That is true. Bad movies have been made since the birth of motion pictures, but in “the good old days” ( :D) , but in those days, they made better films and more of them.
These days, movies seem to have degenerated into franchaises.

I wouldn’t know (I’m not that keen on superhero movies), as I haven’t seen them. I’m just going by reviews I’ve read.

Still remember the old Batman T.V series more than the Batman films.

Camp classics

I saw the old Batman from the sixties years ago. I still can’t imagin how awful it would be to be so poverty-stricken in imagination.

[quote=“John Welles, post:45, topic:2074”]That is true. Bad movies have been made since the birth of motion pictures, but in “the good old days” ( :D) , but in those days, they made better films and more of them.
These days, movies seem to have degenerated into franchaises.[/quote]

I don’t have any figures on that, sorry.

It was just an impression. The only movies in my Top 150 chart that are in the Top 20 that were made in the last ten years are the Star Wars prequels, “O, Brother, Where Art Thou?” and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. On the other hand, there are 14 movies in the Top 20 made before 1960.

Theory:

Maybe people had more time to discover all the good ones from the old times, so perhaps in many years people will call our time the golden era as well, when everything good will be discovered.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:52, topic:2074”]Theory:

Maybe people had more time to discover all the good ones from the old times, so perhaps in many years people will call our time the golden era as well, when everything good will be discovered.[/quote]
That is an intriging idea, but I’m hard pushed to think of any films that deserve to be re-evaluated. But, we shall see, we shall see.

Like Dawn of the Dead 2004, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003, Blair Witch Project… :smiley:

Not number 2 surley (the first one was made in 1999, so it’s 11 years old)?

I actually liked that one.

It got old fast for me and yes it is over 10 years old.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:52, topic:2074”]Theory:
Maybe people had more time to discover all the good ones from the old times, so perhaps in many years people will call our time the golden era as well, when everything good will be discovered.[/quote]

Very possibly true… works of art are often appreciated more after their time, it seems.

My problem with modern film is mostly due to the fact that the types of films I love most are not being made any more… The closest attempts are still modernized versions that are lacking that certain character I love so much…

But these are just my impressions of what I do take in from modern film. I allow that I do not watch enough modern films to really justify my opinion. But that in itself is a statement about modern cinema, because if these exception films, which are surely out there, were given any attention I would surely go and see them.

They are in a sense deleted items, hence me not viewing a great deal of many recent films.

I haven’t seen Watchmen so far but there were so many Superheros Movies during 2000 - 09 . I liked the X-Men Movies but don’t think that these and all the other Superheroes Movies will age well. Take a look on the Superman Movies of the 80’s or the Batman Flicks of the 90’s. Maybe The Dark Knight was the best of all those (but Iron Man and Batman Begins were quite enjoyable too). :slight_smile: