Of the Films Made in the Last 10 Years, Which Ones Will be Remembered?

As the the decade fast draws to its close, which movies do you think will be remembered?

I think that the Harry Potter films, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, a few Coen Brothers movies and some Pixar animations may still be watched in the years to come. Can you name any others?

Lord of the Rings.

Already a true classic, you’re right. It was my first idea as well. I have to think for a while about others…

Inglorious Basterds

Sin City

Pineapple Express

Good one!

Lost in Translation

True, I had foregotten Tarantino. Of course, of the four films he’s made (Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2, Death Proof and Inglorious Bastards ;)), “Inglorious Basterds” is the one that will be most likley be remembered.

By the way, when I said “which movies do you think will be remembered?”, I ment: “What films do you think the average man in the street will be remembered”, otherwise we could spiral down a list of “cultie” movies.

[quote=“John Welles, post:1, topic:2074”]As the the decade fast draws to its close, which movies do you think will be remembered?

I think that the Harry Potter films, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, a few Coen Brothers movies and some Pixar animations may still be watched in the years to come. Can you name any others?[/quote]
Too difficult but I don’t think that Harry Potter will be that famous in the future. After the last book is filmed only few will care anymore. The Coens will be remembered but not every movie of them . :wink:
Maybe the following: Lord of the Ring, There will be blood, Inglorious Basterds, District 9, Pans Labyrinth, Snatch, Revolutionary Road, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead … … :slight_smile:

I think you’re right, Paco.

That is a good point, and I doubt critics will ever take them seriously, but I can imagin that TV broadcasters will revive them every now and then, especially around Christmass.

I was at the grocery store last night and they had a Time or People or one of those magazines with a special edition “The Decade That Changed The World” or something like that, and on the cover along with major world events that took place in the last decade was a screenshot from a Harry Potter movie

I asked, “what the hell is this?”

I’m not sure I agree that Inglorious Basterds will be remembered more than Kill Bill, if we’re talking the average person here… seems to me that most “average” people don’t care much for Basterds, while everyone loves Kill Bill

OK, the average person might remember somethink like Shrek…

I agree with Pan’s Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and Inglourious Basterds

Watchmen should be on the list as well.

and everyone loves Kill Bill Vol. 1. Not as much love for the awesome Vol. 2 I’m afraid.

I also think even for their deficiencies the Star Wars prequels will also be remembered.

I cannot understand how I foregot these. Love them (which I do) or hate them, the Star Wars prequels will be remembered.

…because they’re hated (by me, especially the first one).

All three have something to enjoy about them (the lightsaber duel between Darth Maul and the Jedi in PM, the attack on Genenosis in AotC, and most of RotS is really solid). Lucas only proved he cannot write dialog for females (poor Natalie Portman).

I also think Batman Begins and The Dark Knight will also be on that list.

Cannot think of a single one.

too much beer amigo? :wink:

Don’t be so pessimistic, ENNIOO.

Probably not enough :wink: .

I was born pessimistic.