Of the Films Made in the Last 10 Years, Which Ones Will be Remembered?

Ouch ;D

I will say that movies from 40-50 years ago will stand up better than 99.999% of the movies out in the last 15 years.

You’re pessimistic as well, Frank. Be honest, bullshit is being produced, ok, but on the other hand it has been produced ever since the invention of moving pictures…

People tend to glorify the good old days of movies, but most of the flicks produced in the ole days were crap as well.

True, but it does seem that there were many more good films from “the golden days” than there has been in the last 10 years. Maybe I’m not looking close enough, which is very much possible.

Maybe I should start a pessimistic thread ;D .

Do you think this would be successful? :wink:

Interesting question. Not many. Considering only the real good ones, I’d say “Mystic River”.
I like small budget movies and all grade-b crap movies, but to be honest that was the only one that marked me in years.

I wouldn’t have remembered that one.

I guess you don’t like Jar Jar Binks … :smiley:
Talking about gorgeous Natalie Portman what’s about V for Vendetta?

BINGO!

Well, I put it in my all time favourite. Great plot, acting and direction.
Other one that probably will be remembered it’s the semi-western “No Country for Old Men”. Only time will tell.

Gran Torino

Mystic River is a very good one and at least all the people ever seen it will remember this Movie! :slight_smile:
No Country for Old Men is a good example.

I didn’t… sorry, man.

Good point… not much sense in talking of what the “average” person will or won’t remember… we are the lovers of films afterall… what does an average person matter to peoples like us? :wink:

He only matters to me, when I have to go to the cinema with one…

[quote=“Dillinger, post:23, topic:2074”]You’re pessimistic as well, Frank. Be honest, bullshit is being produced, ok, but on the other hand it has been produced ever since the invention of moving pictures…

People tend to glorify the good old days of movies, but most of the flicks produced in the ole days were crap as well.[/quote]

you bet I am - I hate the remakes that keep getting churned out for a profit.

and yes there was a ton of garbage produced back then - there was more B, C, D, and Z-grade movies produced back then.

Every era has great movies and plenty of junk. The downside to the movies now is there are no more period pieces - everything is set in the modern world.

But you haven’t forget it either.

OK, it wasn’t deleted completely, but I didn’t think of it in the first place.

Maybe not many, but there are some.