No Room to Die / Una lunga fila di croci (Sergio Garrone, 1969)

Well, I was gonna buy the Raro blu-ray. Guess iā€™ll buy the DVD instead :smile:

I have that Raro blu ray and I think the picture quality is fineā€¦. for an upscale :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not true hd like an Arrow blu ray for exemple but itā€™s good enough.

But itā€™s not an upscale surely. States thatā€™s itā€™s a new HD transfer from a 35mm roll. The problem is they DNRā€™ed the shit out of it. I got the blu-ray too, and does not look good. Plastic city.

from what I remember it looked just the same as the japanese spo.

I found this one to be rather entertaining, and Iā€™ll admit Steffan wasā€¦ pretty good in it! :shushing_face:

The Raro DVD looks fine too.

Excellent spaghetti western. It could have been better without the constant ā€œdun dun dunā€ but Iā€™m not going to complain since I was entertained throughout.

I just watched No Room To Die on Youtube (not so good copy) for the first time and it seemed like a 6 or possible 7 out of 10 for me with my biggest complaints about especially the not so motivated ā€œhorror/thrillerā€ type music and to a lesser degree a little bit too much shooting (not meaning I want more fist fighting instead).
There were on the other hand a couple of very good more typical SW music themes mainly guitar based with one of them very suitable for the final shootout.
The mood felt rather good without appearant comedy, and both Berger and Steffen were fine as was Machiavelli (for another reason).
The film was never boring either.
With a Bluray disc instead this SW should appear overall even better for me I guess.

After having watched it another two times but now on the Raro DVD which has a good image quality, I now lend towards an albeit weak 7 out of 10 for No Room To Die.
I didnā€™t exactly understand why, when and how Fargo and the bounty killer played by Berger became partners, but overall the film is not that confusing nor lacks logic, and the mood is OK especially when the fine guitar based music appear during the last hour or so and in the Leone/Morricone-inspired final gundown.

hereā€™s some screenshots from the recent german blu ray:

3 Likes

After Ringo mit den goldenen Pistolen another good release from White Pearl. This time no typos on the cover ā€“ but incredible new details from Anthony Steffenā€™s biography in the booklet.

ā€œBorn under the name Antonio Luiz de TeffĆ© as the son of a Brazilian diplomat in Rome on July 21, 1939, the later Western icon first fought as a partisan against the Nazis in World War II. After the war he worked [ā€¦] in film and from the beginning of the 1950s he appeared in smaller roles in front of the camera [ā€¦]ā€ (literal translation).

Partisan at the age of four, in the movie industry at six ā€“ a daredevil from the very beginning.

3 Likes

Is the German Blu-ray superior to the one Raro released or did they use the exact same transfer?

No Room to Die has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etcā€¦

1 Like

What can someone tell us about the featurette on the USA bluray of this?

This is an interview with Manlio Gomarasca, fifteen minutes. He talks about the plot and the cast. There are also a few sentences about Sergio Garrone and his other films. Gomarasca thinks that Lunga fila di croci is very similar to Inginocchiati Stranieroā€¦ I cadaveri non fanno ombra

1 Like

so heā€™s being interviewed or is it just him talking about the movie? he produces a lot of featurettes, but is rarely the subject of them I thought

Yes, he is talking about movie

There is now a new poll going for this one too. Head up to the original post at the top of the page to participate! :cowboy_hat_face: (trust level 1 and above as always, of course).

2 Likes