Ninja films

About halfway through this one by Godfrey Ho. Mildy entertaining ninja flick with some horror touches. Featuring Richard Harrison talking seriously through a Garfield telephone :smiley: Not too much ninja action so far though, but the plot is a bit better developed here than in other Ho ninja flicks.

Thatā€™s the one i just picked up last week, need to give it a spin.

Yes, do that.

Just finished watching it. The beginning is not too promising, as the film is all over the place, but it turns out to be a fun flick. Not so much because of the ninja action, which is worse than expected, but more becasue of the fact it becomes a Poltergeist ripoff mixed with sex. A bad film of course, but an entertaining one. Plus Richard Harrison as the red ninja. All in all good enough for me. And good inspiration for my own ninja production.

Watched Ninja Assassin yesterday.
Very thin plot, but the action is frequent and very bloody. Normally not a fan of CGI, but here itĀ“s done quite alright. ShĆ“ Kosugi plays the evil ninja patriarch, which is a nice touch. Recommended to the fan of violent, brainless action. 6/10

Oh, yeah! Best ninja flick Iā€™ve seen so far. Fast paced, good humour and excellent fights.
Conan Lee and Henry Sanada are great martial artists. Not just for ninja fans, some kick ass kung fu in this one! 7,5/10

And hereā€™s another spaghetti actor in ninja land 8)

Great cover!

Hereā€™s another sleeve for your viewing pleasure. Too bad the previous owner taped over the movie.
Richard Harrisonā€¦ what a cult actor 8)

Some more braindead ninja fun in
American Ninja 2: The Confrontation
American marines go missing all the time. It turns out they are abducted by a drug kingpin who genetically modifies them into superninjas to help him out with a 5 billion dollar drug deal. Yeah, you heard it right, hahaha. Needless to say b-action hero Michael Dudikoff aka the American Ninja needs to stop thisā€¦
Horrible fights, bad acting and (un)intentional humour. Recommended if you like bad movies. Otherwise: Stay away from this.

5,5/10

Some cool tapes came in today:

A few tapes that were easy to reach

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/dsc00077qr.jpg/[/url]

Been meaning for some time now to watch the 3 at the bottom, but I always choose something else instead. Some cool covers there, BL.

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:46, topic:2053ā€]And hereā€™s another spaghetti actor in ninja land 8)

[/quote]

Love the KARATE video club-sticker on this one, haha. Obviously, everything related to martial arts was labeled the same way.

[quote=ā€œION BRITTON, post:51, topic:2053ā€]A few tapes that were easy to reach

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/dsc00077qr.jpg/

Been meaning for some time now to watch the 3 at the bottom, but I always choose something else instead. Some cool covers there, BL.[/quote]
Nice man, I like Greek tapes. Ninja III: The Domination is one of the more entertaining ninja flicks as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Yeah, back in the vhs days ā€˜Karateā€™ was a genre in the video shops, sort of like an assorted heap for ninjas, samurai and even kung fu, lol.

few ninja movies i like:
five element ninjas
ninja hunter
rytern of the bastard swordsman
revenge of the ninja
the hunted

Iā€™ve been on a ninja kick recently. I used to love these films during the 80s. For some reason, I drifted away from themā€¦ and now Iā€™m back!

Just finished watching ENTER THE NINJA and REVENGE OF THE NINJA (with its creepy villain). Now Iā€™m going to take THE DOMINATON for a spin. Love that one! How can you not dig a green ninja wreaking havoc on a golf course and the always lovely Lucinda Dickey?

Hehe, nothing like a Ninja or two to pepper up your film. Hope youā€™ll also watch some Godfrey Ho on your Ninja-spree, the king of 80s Ninja cinema. 8)

Godfrey Hoā€™s stuff is very enjoyable indeed! I have a whole bunch of his stuff on VHS and DVD.

Believe Iā€™m in the uninitiated party here. Can you recommend me some of his titles, please? :slight_smile:

A few off the top of my head, you canā€™t go wrong with: Shoguns Ninja, Ninja Hunter or 5 Element Ninjas :slight_smile: also Ninja in the Dragons Den is good.

Thanks a bunch, pardner! Iā€™ll hunt those suckers down.