New Shout Factory Releases

Any DVD is also great to get rid of copy protection.

I let Any DVd automatically check every disc I put into my PC.

Yes thanks guys, have to say the picture quality of the Shout Factory SW releases are astounding! Makes you wonder where they got the prints from, and how many other “Django” films they have in the pipeline.

That’s great, I wasn’t expecting anything special.

[quote=“autephex, post:37, topic:3061”]Oh yeah, you can also use a program called AnyDVD to unlock region protected discs for playback:

“AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like! AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD support.”

Also DVD43, which is the same kind of program but doesn’t work with 64bit systems like Windows7. Still works great for XP. This one is totally free whereas AnyDVD is free for a trial

There are probably other free programs like this out there… always free to just rip it with dvdshrink though[/quote]

Now if only there was a program that would permanently remove the coding so I can watch it without resorting to my laptop! :smiley:

[quote=“Jonny Powers, post:44, topic:3061”]Now if only there was a program that would permanently remove the coding so I can watch it without resorting to my laptop! :D[/quote]Get a multi region DVD player, that’s the best solution :wink:

Yep, or you can burn it to a DVDR without the region coding. May as well just get a region free player and save the cost/trouble though

Haha! I know, I’m trying to see if the unlock code for my DVD player works. Just gotta borrow a different region dvd :P.

So I noticed that Shout Factory has two New DVDs coming out a few days after my birthday this year. The first set has A Pistol for Ringo, The Return of Ringo, Ringo: Face of Revenge and Shoot, Gringo… Shoot. The second set has Blood for a Silver Dollar, $10,000 for a Massacre, 7 Dollars on the Red and A Bullet for a Stranger. Even though I own all of these I’m hoping these will be decent anamorphic prints so I can upgrade on a few. They are due out July 9 at a price of $6.95.

Very reasonable price.

I think I mentioned this before on a different thread, but I have a hunch these prints will be the same as the “In The Tradition Of…” box set they released a while back with Timeless Media and is going for exorbitant prices (unless you go directly to the Fry’s Electronics website, picked mine up there for fifteen bucks). But I might be wrong and these prints could be brilliant.

I too hope they are not the same transfers used in the box set…but if I were a betting man I would put my money on that they will be the same exact ones. Those transfers were ok on that set but nothing great.

Yeah I think they will be the same transfers since Shout actually owns Timeless Media.

I have a question for those who have the timeless media box set. Do the two ringo films have the same transfer as the SPO discs or are they more like the Koch discs?

And are the rest of the movies that will also be appearing on the Shout discs basically Koch transfers?

And what about Bullet for a stranger/they call him cemetery? Was that taken from the Franco Cleef version?

How about No Room to Die? Was that also taken from SPO?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:52, topic:3061”]Yeah I think they will be the same transfers since Shout actually owns Timeless Media.

I have a question for those who have the timeless media box set. Do the two ringo films have the same transfer as the SPO discs or are they more like the Koch discs?

And are the rest of the movies that will also be appearing on the Shout discs basically Koch transfers?

And what about Bullet for a stranger/they call him cemetery? Was that taken from the Franco Cleef version?

How about No Room to Die? Was that also taken from SPO?[/quote]

I have the timeless media box set and can answer most of this for you. None on the films are as good as the Koch transfers of those same titles…not even close to as good…they are not bad but not at the Koch quality. I have the Koch releases of the Ringo films and they are much better than the ones in the timeless box set. I have never seen the SPO releases so I can’t speak for them. A Bullet For A Stranger/They Call Him Cemetery was taken from the Franco Cleef version, it is what it is, not the best looking thing but definitely watchable. Once again though the Koch release is far superior(only German and Italian audio) but much better PQ…unfortunately the only way to get that is in the Halleluja Italo-Western Box set and it is now out of print and quite pricey to purchase. No Room to Die I haven’t actually even viewed yet(the transfer or the film in general), it will be coming out on DVD and Blu-ray through Raro Video at the end of July under the titles Hanging For Django and I know that will be a better release without even having to view the transfer from the timeless set so I am definitely going to pick that release up. Hope that help a little.

Yes it does, thank you very much Gritz! Appreciate it. And I had no idea about the Blu Ray release of No Room to Die! I’m definitely gonna get that when it comes out.

Heres the covers if you haven’t seen

Did anyone get these? What are the prints/sound quality like?

From what I have heard they are SHIT. Apparently Timeless Media just used the same old mostly non-anamorphic prints they had in some earlier 20 film or whatever sets. And 4 films on one DVD is just ridiculous.

EDIT: And the sound on A Bullet for a Stranger is bad. I guess just a copy of the Franco Cleef disc?

I second these are just those re-used Timeless Media prints that were subpar. You can get I think all these in better releases.

What a shame - the cemetery movie was the one I was hoping would be good >:(

I bought the RINGO disc. The print is pretty shabby, but still serviceable. I enjoyed it.