New Shout Factory Releases

Wow, would have never expected that Django´s Cut Price Corpses would look this good. A must buy for me then!

Pre ordered these from Amazon! :slight_smile:

A purchase is in order :slight_smile:

I’ve been intrigued by some of these since reading the little booklet of all Django movies that came with Anchor Bay’s original Djanog release ten years ago.

I can’t imagine these will be any good but at 5.99 American they are a steal!

[quote=“AngelFace, post:24, topic:3061”]I’ve been intrigued by some of these since reading the little booklet of all Django movies that came with Anchor Bay’s original Djanog release ten years ago.

I can’t imagine these will be any good but at 5.99 American they are a steal![/quote]

I remember that booklet! Pretty informative, actually. Ended up paying quite a pretty penny for that double disc, but I was set on tracking down a copy of Il Ritorno de Django!

I’ve gone ahead and pre-ordered both from Amazon, a grand total of €16 and change (inclduing shipping) for four quality transfers of four obscure westerns.

Are any of them any good though?

Mine shipped from Amazon today! I wasn’t expecting them to be released until January. There is a review of the second disc up on DVD Talk too.

I pre-ordered mine back in November. I’m hoping the transfers are decent, but if they’re not at least the price is right ;D.

Mine shipped today, as well! :slight_smile:

Reviewing both of these for 10kBullets, the first of which is online now! I’m really pumped on how this came out; one of my favorite reviews I’ve done in a while, and I’d love to hear some feedback from the experts over here! :slight_smile:

Cheers!
G

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/d/django-double-feature-a-man-called-django-w-django-and-sartanas-showdown-in-the-west/

As someone who bought this specifically for A Man Called Django and just threw the rest in there because the price was unbeatable your review really helped to stop worrying about having made the right choice or not.

Hey, thanks man! Cheers! :slight_smile:

Here’s my review for the other set, as well!

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/django-double-feature-django-kills-silently-djangos-cut-price-corpses/

Mine arrived today, glad to see that that yellow shit on the cover is just a sticker and not printed on the sleeve.

Mine arrived too, you would think Shout Factory had the good sense to make these Region 0 (as Wild East do) but unfortunately they made them Region 1, meaning I cannot play them on my region locked laptop >:(

[quote=“Provvidenza, post:34, topic:3061”]Mine arrived too, you would think Shout Factory had the good sense to make these Region 0 (as Wild East do) but unfortunately they made them Region 1, meaning I cannot play them on my region locked laptop >:([/quote]They always region encode their stuff, Blu Ray’s too.

You can rip them to your hard drive which removes the region encoding, then watch them from your harddrive

Oh yeah, you can also use a program called AnyDVD to unlock region protected discs for playback:

“AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like! AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD support.”

Also DVD43, which is the same kind of program but doesn’t work with 64bit systems like Windows7. Still works great for XP. This one is totally free whereas AnyDVD is free for a trial

There are probably other free programs like this out there… always free to just rip it with dvdshrink though

I usually do rip DVDs to my hard drive using DVD Shrink 3.2 as I prefer to watch films this way and make screen snaps etc. On Region 1 discs however a promp comes up and says my DVD Drive is Region 2 do I want to change it (upto 5 times or whatever), I have Windows 7 64bit. I’ll check out your suggestion of AnyDVD but I thought you had to pay to subscribe to it, I’ll search for other free applications online, cheers autephex :slight_smile:

Eureka, just had to change my preferences in DVD Shrink, uncheck the “Check RPC2 drive region code when opening a DVD” (File I/O tab) and now I can copy R1 DVDs :smiley:

Glad you got that sorted, Provvidenza… there’s always a way to get it done :wink: