Just thought I’d introduce myself as a new member…
Firstly, I consider it a great privilage that I’m able to be part of such a great site as this, and I look forward to chatting to a few other like-minded fans…
I’ve been a fan of the ‘Speggies’ for 32 years now, having been hooked after watching ‘The Good, The Bad & The Ugly’ on TV in 1976. I literally fell in love with the complete ‘Dollar Trilogy’ there and then, even though I had to wait until 1979 to watch the first 2, ‘Fistful of Dollars’ & ‘For a Few Dollars More’… All 3 movies brilliant!
I have nothing but respect for the Dollar Westerns, for Sergio Leone, Ennio Morricone, Clint Eastwood, Van Cleef, Wallach… the list goes on…
I’ve visited Almeria, Southern Spain, on 5 occasions, to visit the locations, and will be going back again next year to take many more photos to add to my albums.
I’m a bit disappointed (understatement!!!) that I couldn’t go to the ‘Rolling Roadshow’ screenings of the ‘Dollar’ movie in Almeria last week, 'cos I’d like to have met up with a few other fans… If anyone did attend, and has any photos etc., that they could e-mail me, I’d be very appreciative…
I look forward to speaking to a few of you desperadoes in the Saloon…"Might just turn you into the law…"
Hasta Luego, Amigos,
Toscano…

Welcome Toscano. Nice to have you with us.

welcome, greenhorn :wink:

Hi Toscano, welcome aboard. So, after 32 years of SW exposure, which one is your favourite?

Many thanks for the ‘welcomes’ so far…
Responding to Cian’s question about which Spaghetti I like the most…
Well, of the 3 Leone ‘Dollar’ Westerns, I’ve always found it difficult to name a particular favourite…because they are so darn good… I suppose ‘The Good, The Bad & The Ugly’ is probably the closest to my heart after 32 years, because it was the first I saw back in 1976, and it was this film, more than any - before or since - that influenced me the most… There’s something to enjoy in all 3 of the ‘Dollar’ movies… NOT forgetting - of course - those other fantastic Sergio Leone movies ‘Once Upon a Time in the West’, and ‘Duck You Sucker’!!
Of the many other Spaghetties made, I have a few other favourites… ‘The Big Gundown’, ‘Sabata’, ‘Face to Face’, ‘Death Rides a Horse’, ‘Navajo Joe’, ‘A Pistol For Ringo’, ‘The Great Silence’, and a few others as well…

Clearly you are a person on impeccable taste!

Yes, it looks like you’ll fit right in here amigo.

I’ll drink to that - welcome amigo!

Welcome Toscano.

Hi, glad to have you!

Yeah, and hi also to Brother Winterlude … dude ;D

Welcome to the board Toscano and Winterlude ! Good to have you here !!!

I sgned up yesterday. I’m the youngest person in the forum according to Sebastian’s poll. I started loving the genre after seeing the dollars films. Luckily my local video store is the largest on the Pacific coast of the US so I can rent many SPWs.

great to have you, and great to see you so active already

Thanks. I have been waiting to sign up but I didn’t have my own Email before yesterday.

Hallo,
I’m a new Member. My English is as bad as it could be. I only want to say HALLO to everybody. I met Sebastian in Magdeburg at watching MERCENARIO. And now I’m here. Howdie, or something like that.
Greetings from Magdeburg,
Lars

Welcome to the forum Lars :slight_smile:

Howdy Lars.

Welcome Lars ! It was very nice meeting you in Magdeburg :slight_smile: !!! Keep on posting !!!

[quote=“magdebuerger, post:16, topic:1111”]Hallo,
I’m a new Member. My English is as bad as it could be. I only want to say HALLO to everybody. I met Sebastian in Magdeburg at watching MERCENARIO. And now I’m here. Howdie, or something like that.
Greetings from Magdeburg,
Lars[/quote]

it’s great you joined. looking forward to reading some of your thoughts on a bunch of films after a few interesting conversations we had in the former GDR :wink: