New and Upcoming Western Films/Shows

Looks great

this one too

3 Likes

Both, “Old Henry,” and, “The Power of the Dog,” look good. “Old Henry” may be more to my taste though. And it’s nice to see Tim Blake Nelson in another Western, following, “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.”

5 Likes

New serie about Bass Reeves

Could be interesting. A historic figure who deserves the attention.

1 Like

Interesting. Another revenge western starring Nicolas Cage.

https://collider.com/nicolas-cage-the-old-way-western-movie/

Bass Reeves could be a good one. The guy producing it, Taylor Sheridan, wrote the modern day westerns Hell or High Water and Wind River, the latter of which he also directed. Those are both excellent movies though I’m not so high on his TV series Yellowstone. It is pretty popular though.

1 Like

Wow!!!

‘Old Henry’ looks so good…it reminded me of ‘The Assassination of Jesse James’.

Tim Blake Nelson (forever excellent) as Henry, looks exceptional in the part.
Anyone who knows their Wild West history, will know who Henry McCarty really was…

2 Likes

Thought I’d update the title of this thread. It stopped being a discussion on whether westerns are making a relative comeback in the 00s/10s a long time ago, mutating into an info thread for new westerns out there in the cinema or on Netflix or wherever. So the new title better reflects that, I think.:+1:

4 Likes

Here’s one that we may now never see finished, those are terrible headlines today

Yeah, read those headlines this morning. Horrible news.

Indeed. This should not be possible

Awful stuff. RIP

A horrible tragedy. So sad.

It’s weird. Just yesterday I was reading some article about gun misconceptions and I learned that blanks are actually deadly if shot too close to the target and now this happens.

Review for Jane Campion’s The Power of the Dog:

2 Likes

Billy the Kid

2 Likes
1 Like

Kevin Costner: Horizon

Apperentley Costner is planning a new western just after the civil war era, called Horizon

2 Likes

Walter Hill’s new Western film ‘Dead for a Dollar’ has a spaghetti-esque title and some spaghetti sounding music in the trailer, though I can’t place it, perhaps it is modern sound alike music.

The digital aesthetic I don’t care for but I may watch it.

1 Like

Being that it’s Walter Hill, I will certainly give it a shot.

2 Likes