Navajo Joe (MGM Region 1) soon

(Sebastian) #1

can’t believe this didn’t get its own topic yet.

all we know is already in the database. let’s hope its anamorphic widescreen, acceptable quality, uncut and with a trailer. that’s all i’m asking for!

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Navajo_Joe/DVD

(Bad Lieutenant) #2

I expect a Sabata like release. Widescreen, loads of subtitles and no extra’s. Let’s hope there will be no cuts.

(Sebastian) #3

thinking about how they screwed up the UK God’s Gun release… hm…

(ENNIOO) #4

Well if say it ends up being cut, the Japanese disc will just get more expensive…an original Stingray issue just sold for £41 U.K pounds on E Bay.

(Søren) #5

Yes, there’s probably a 99.9% chance that that’s what it will amount to.

(Søren) #6

Virtual none of the new dvd-releases get’s their own thread. We have the fine DVD news topic-thread for that :slight_smile:

(Sebastian) #7

yeah but this release is so highly anticipated :wink:

(Søren) #8

Nah, not by us with the Japanese release resting on our shelves :slight_smile:

It would be nice with a anamorphic version though.

(ENNIOO) #9

Oh for sure ;D.

(Sebastian) #10

I hate you all :wink:

(Romaine Fielding) #11

I noticed on Amazon they list the Aspect Ratio for this release as 1.33:1.
I hope that’s not right.

I don’t trust MGM either. They cut a Linda Veras tub scene from Sabata and we all know what they did with the ending to A Minute To Pray A Second To Die…

Maybe they will come through, though.

(Sebastian) #12

well they usually post 1.33:1 also if it’s non-anamorphic/letterbox. or it is like the other recent MGM ones full screen on one, widescreen on the other side

(Romaine Fielding) #13

I didn’t know that.
Thanks

(Silver Wolf) #14

“We” don’t know anything about Sabata being cut… please tell more. A Minute to Pray isn’t actually cut, it’s just official shorter version.

(Cian) #15

Saw a still from the cut scene, Linda Veras in a tub with only the bubbles to conceal her “assets”.

(Sebastian) #16

damn
I hate it when they cut out the ladies. especially since all these movies are from the 60s and 70s in the first place, i wanna see the ladies

(Trinity) #17

The specs for this disc at CD Universe indicate that they are under the impression that it will indeed be one of those generic MGM flipper discs that feature both a pan ‘n’ scan version and a widescreen version.

It’s a real shame that they couldn’t have done a featurette/interview with Burt Reynolds. I don’t think he’s particularly fond of the film but I’m sure he would have been up for a short interview.

(Sebastian) #18

well as long as there is a widescreen version, and hopefully uncut, i’ll be buying it nonetheless. a) to show them there’s people who’ll buy it, b) because it’s cheaper than importing the japanese one

(Cian) #19

I’ll second that. When a major company releases a pretty obscure SW, they need to be encouraged by good sales to continue to do so.

(Sebastian) #20

price on Amazon.com has already gone up, a sign for quite a few pre-orders and a high click rate, I would say