Mya Communications

MYA which is fast becoming everyone’s wet dream of a dvd company has released a list of what they are going to release within the next years. On that list is a lot of good stuff and even a couple of spaghetti westerns:

BLACK KILLER (Italia 1971) Diretto da Carlo Croccolo
UN UOMO CHIAMATO DAKOTA (Italia 1972) Diretto da Mario Sabatini
ZORRO IL RIBELLE (Italia 1966) Diretto da Piero Pienotti
LA COLT ERA IL SUO DIO (Ita/Germania Est 1972) Diretto da Luigi Balzella/Joe D’Amato
E COSI DIVENNERO I TRE SUPERMEN DEL WEST (Ita/Spa 1973) Diretto da Anthony Blod
LA LUNGA CAVALCATA DELLA VENDETTA (Italia 1972) Diretto da T. Boccia
IL BIANCO IL GIALLO IL NERO
ARIZONA SI SCATENO’ E LI FECE FUORI TUTTI
SEI GIA’ CADAVERE AMIGO TI CERCA GARRINGO
LA TIGRE VENUTA DAL FIUME KWAY (Italia 1975) Diretto da Franco lattanti

Mind you not everything may actually be released but this IS good news. MYA release quality releases so not some cheap fullscreen crappies here.

The full list can be seen here: Mya DVD: The List!

[quote=“Søren, post:1, topic:1663”]LA TIGRE VENUTA DAL FIUME KWAY (Italia 1975) Diretto da Franco lattanti[/b][/quote]amazing!

Yes, have only heard great things about that movie…

119 titles on that list. Call me a cynic, but I don’t see it happening.

You’re a cynic

But I suspect you are probably right.

No of course not but the fact that they have lined that many titles up shows that they want to go places. I’ll be an optimist and hope that at least half gets released.

Up until now MYA has released about three movies a month practically all Italian. The list supplied was going to last them through 2011 and if they keep up the current speed which I hope they will they should have released about 110-115 movies when we reach the end of that year. If sales goes well I don’t see why it could not be done. Call me a day dreamer but I can see that happening actually.

According to some members at lovelockandload forums, some of the titles on MYA’s list are licenced to some other companies already, and for some the rights owners won’t licence to anybody.

MYA’s upcoming Horrible (Rosso Sangue) is claimed to be owned by MGM in USA.

Argento seems to have managed to stop the already announced Italian DVD of Four Flies on Grey Velvet, and right now I doubt MYA was actually able to get it from Paramount for USA release (why would MYA succeed in what nobody else has?).

Anyways, these are all based on what was written at the lovelockandload forums, I personally know nothing. ;D

Oh well. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Yes there is some question regarding rights to the different movies. Personally I couldn’t care less, the movies MYA is releasing is let’s face it stuff that wouldn’t otherwise surface meaning that if they break a few laws doing it so what. Noone is loosing money here, MGM will never release Four Flies anyway and Argento and co. can’t agree on anything. So much quarreling should send the movie straight into the public domain :slight_smile:

At the moment all this fuzz is surely a good thing for MYA, people are afraid they will close down soon so buying up all their release now instead of waiting, on the other hand it may be they will be noticed by one of the big companies (e.g. MGM) which will just to set an example drag them into court and get them shut down and then still not release anything of what MYA had planned.

Definitely. My fingers are crossed :slight_smile:

OK, MYA is on the go:

Arizona Colt Returns

Set for release July 28th

Don’t have the expected specs but probably selectable Italian and English dub.

so wait, MYA is an italian company or the successor of No Shame?

Apparently they are an Italian company distributing in the States. But yes there are links to the old Noshame.

[quote=“Søren, post:1, topic:1663”]MYA which is fast becoming everyone’s wet dream of a dvd company has released a list of what they are going to release within the next years. On that list is a lot of good stuff and even a couple of spaghetti westerns:

BLACK KILLER (Italia 1971) Diretto da Carlo Croccolo
UN UOMO CHIAMATO DAKOTA (Italia 1972) Diretto da Mario Sabatini
ZORRO IL RIBELLE (Italia 1966) Diretto da Piero Pienotti
LA COLT ERA IL SUO DIO (Ita/Germania Est 1972) Diretto da Luigi Balzella/Joe D’Amato
E COSI DIVENNERO I TRE SUPERMEN DEL WEST (Ita/Spa 1973) Diretto da Anthony Blod
LA LUNGA CAVALCATA DELLA VENDETTA (Italia 1972) Diretto da T. Boccia
IL BIANCO IL GIALLO IL NERO
ARIZONA SI SCATENO’ E LI FECE FUORI TUTTI
SEI GIA’ CADAVERE AMIGO TI CERCA GARRINGO
LA TIGRE VENUTA DAL FIUME KWAY (Italia 1975) Diretto da Franco lattanti

Mind you not everything may actually be released but this IS good news. MYA release quality releases so not some cheap fullscreen crappies here.

The full list can be seen here: http://myadvd.blogspot.com/2009/03/list.html[/quote]
It’s always good with a new Spaghetti-DVD company.

My thoughts exactly. The only active spaghetti western company in the States which releases acceptable stuff is Wild East at the moment and MYA is most probably gonna top them qualitywise. The American crowd should be thrilled :slight_smile:

can someone please make sure all their releases are put into the DVD News in the database? what’s their website? let’s keep track of these guys from the beginning. i’ll also try to get in touch with them for review samples etc

Ok I thought I’d start an extra topic on this new company

http://www.rareoopdvds.com/articles/dvdupdate/378/

interesting blog post and then of course:

an UNofficial blog! they have release info and a lot more

Some nice covers

I started a category for Mya DVD on The Deuce but I prob wont be able to list all the films on the site. Theres so many to add. Plus if theyre Italian releases, its gonna be tough to get them over here. If anyone in Europe ever wants to review some of these films for us, please let me know. We can always use more info on euro titles. Thanks!

Yes I for one am certainly very excited at another company entering the north american market, especially in light of how VCI and Blue underground are no longer releasing this stuff and the large studios like MGM, well you can forget about that.

I just hope they are able to survive. Wild east isn’t exactly rolling in the dough. Small time DVD companies is a tough business. Its a jungle out there!

but I thought’s an Italian company releasing movies for the US market… or am I wrong now?

well with No Shame they released Region 1 DVDs (most of them I got) and also their Italian branch released DVDs too. Im not sure if thats gonna be the same with this company, from the Italian titles, it kinda looks like it. Ill have to read more about it.