Mya Communications

well NoShame doesn’t exist anymore. From the Rare & OOP blog entry I thought Mya Communications is releasing these movies in the US

No you got that right.

Their releases are available from all major American retailers so not limited distribution like Wild East.

My favourite dvd vendor is dvdpacific so here is a link to a complete list of MYA-releases with prices:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/search2008.asp?p=0&s-text=MYA+COMMUNICATION&sws=1&swdvd=1&swdva=1&swumd=1&swhd=1&swbr=1&no=d0

here they are at The Deuce:

http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Category:Mya_Communication

still in the works

[quote=“Søren, post:9, topic:1663”]Arizona Colt Returns

Don’t have the expected specs but probably selectable Italian and English dub.[/quote]
And now it has been confirmed that it WILL have both the Italian and English dub and English subtitles aswell.

[quote=“Søren, post:22, topic:1663”]No you got that right.

Their releases are available from all major American retailers so not limited distribution like Wild East.

My favourite dvd vendor is dvdpacific so here is a link to a complete list of MYA-releases with prices:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/search2008.asp?p=0&s-text=MYA+COMMUNICATION&sws=1&swdvd=1&swdva=1&swumd=1&swhd=1&swbr=1&no=d0[/quote]

Awesome, will have to keep track of this company… hopefully they do some more of those releases… already have Arizona Colt Returns from Koch

The cover looks pretty cool

I never bought the Koch release of this one, so I think I’ll pick this up instead

Why oh why?

Unless you MUST have the English dub the Koch Media one is still the obvious choice. Better extras (the MYA one will only have trailer and picture gallery), and probably at least marginally better picture (the MYA one will probably be a PAL->NTSC transfer and although they are better at handling this than say Wild East it is still another hurdle). The MYA release will be more expensive than the Koch Media one too ($14-$15)

Arizona Colt Returns is available for pre-order at HK Flix

[url]http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.550758/qx/details.htm[/url]

DVD empire has it too.

If anyone gets this release can they do a few lines on the quality, as my Global dvd release to this has ghosting problems.

DVD Empire has posted an “urgent notice” that Arizona Colt Returns does not have an English audio track, despite one being listed on the cover. But it does have English subs.

And it looks like they did manage to get Horrible and the Argento horror titles released, which were in dispute.

[quote=“vinkle, post:31, topic:1663”]DVD Empire has posted an “urgent notice” that Arizona Colt Returns does not have an English audio track, despite one being listed on the cover. But it does have English subs.

And it looks like they did manage to get Horrible and the Argento horror titles released, which were in dispute.[/quote]
The Arizona Colt thing about the mising English dub is old news but ok to repeat the message I guess.

Horrible has been out for a couple of months I guess. At least that’s as long it has stood in my dvd-collection :slight_smile:

The Argento title you refer to I take is Four Files on Grey Velvet? Never found out precisely what the problem was… A lot of talk and rumours… Lucily that was after the dvd was released.

I heard that some people that worked for Noshame are working for Mya.

Also this is from back in March but here is a headline concerning the Four Flies issue:

4 flies dvd legal action!
According to the profondo rosso store.com web site, the release of four flies in italy is not a forgone solution:

"NEWS of 23/03/09
Good news and bad. The good news is that the refined film by Dario Argento 4 FLIES ON GREY VELVET was finally issued on DVD in the U.S. and was announced in output in Italy in May to work on DVD distribution 01, which then would not be more than Rai Cinema.

The bad news is that the lawyers of the Argento family has already been put things in motion to block these two releases. Why? Because Claudio and Dario Argento, who are the legitimate owners of this film for the whole world except the United States (where the owner is Paramount), were only informed about this dvd by chance

An unidentified foreign company has sold the rights to 4 FLIES ON GREY VELVET to Rai, but Claudio and Dario Argento swear that it never ceded rights to the said foreign company and therefore, in their view, this is a sensational case of piracy.

There are already lots injunctions and legal injunctions to prevent at least quest’uscita 4 FLIES ON GREY VELVET Italy. The Rai/01 has subsequently announced that it has suspended for the time distribution of 4 FLIES ON GREY VELVET, at least until it has been made clearer on the actual situation of the rights of this film.

We will see what will happen yet … "

source: profondo rosso store.com

MYA titles are a gamble, i got Satan’s Wife / Ring of Darkness the other day, it looks like a 5th generaion vhs rip!

And why the fuck do they keep inventing new titles for films!

To make people who already got the film buy it again?

[quote=“Silence, post:35, topic:1663”]To make people who already got the film buy it again?[/quote]We shall not be fooled :wink:

Never ;D!

don’t foget to put the titles into the DB, so really nobody gets fooled

soren- do you know of any other spaghetti westerns being released by Mya any time soon?

No. Nothings been announced as far as I know. That said, MYA is still putting out stuff fast. We’re talking 3 titles a month or something like that and at some point they are bound to start releasing some of the titles I posted in the first post of the thread. If they live that long that is.