My Name Is Pecos / Due once di piombo (Maurizio Lucidi, 1966)

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:60, topic:1832ā€]I noticed that too (I checked Western maniac).
Have you a copy of this TV screening, or are you able to get one?[/quote]

Unfortunately I have no copy. But I have contact with some forum members from Western Maniac.
Iā€™ll try to organize a copy. If I get a copy, Iā€™ll give you a sign. :wink:

[quote=ā€œThe Stranger, post:61, topic:1832ā€]Unfortunately I have no copy. But I have contact with some forum members from Western Maniac.
Iā€™ll try to organize a copy. If I get a copy, Iā€™ll give you a sign. ;)[/quote]

Please do, you would make an awful lot of people happy

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:58, topic:1832ā€]I watched this one for the first time of my life.

One of those typical Woods westerns, in a league with El Puro and Starblack.[/quote]

Starblack or Black Jack?

Black Jack is one of those typical Woods westerns too.

But the very naive Starblack not.

Why not? Itā€™s very unusual, a Zorro-like nonsense flick with real SW violence, and I like it.

All these films have something special, something very unusual.

I remember being really intrigued when I first watched the trailer of Starblack. Seemed like it had everything I wanted in SW. Sadly, the film didnā€™t meet my expectations, found it very average in fact.

Starblack is average for me, with My Name Is Pecos a notch up. But the best of the bunch mentioned is Black Jack by far, but the best of the best is El Puro :slight_smile: .

Iā€™d say 1. Black Jack, 2. Pecos, 3. Starblack, 4. El Puro (just donā€™t like it)

noooooooooooooooooooo

but, i have to watch Jack Black finally, i feel it in my bones that i will like it

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:66, topic:1832ā€]Why not? Itā€™s very unusual, a Zorro-like nonsense flick with real SW violence, and I like it.

All these films have something special, something very unusual.[/quote]

Yes, surprisingly violent for its naive style. Otherwise forgettable. I rated it with 4/10

Yep, Black Jack is really good stuff and definitely Alternative Top 20 for me.
Probably the darkest spag Iā€™ve seen.

For me itā€™s like this! 1. El Puro 2. Black Jack 3. My name is Pecos 4. Starblack.

You can think of a typical Giuliano Gemma, Anthony Steffen or Peter Lee Lawrence SW, but I find it difficult to imagine a typical Robert Woods western: for the moment Iā€™ve only seen 6 of his 19 (!) films, and I find them very different from each other.

To my way of thinking Due once di piombo/My Name is Pecos is a satisfactory Italian-style western, Iā€™d say

1. El Puro 2. My Name is Pecos 3. Black Jack (great potential and surprisingly good direction by Baldanello, but in my opinion the ending is rather unconvincing)

I have received a copy of the French TV-screening from The Stranger.
Looks fanatastic. Soon a fandub will show up.

[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/vlcsnap2012051117h05m47.png/][url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/vlcsnap2012051117h05m12.png/[/url]

The only problem was that the image looked squeezed when I entered the DVD in my PC. I had to adjust it with VLC player aspect ratio mode (from default to 16:9). Might create some problems when watched on a widescreen TV too.

Something to luck forward to the fandub.

I picked an olā€™ favourite (my alternative top 20) for viewing last night. It has been over 2 years since I last watched this and thought it suitable for a revisit.
I forgot that I have a fullscreen version, but I soon for the most part forgot about this and enjoyed the grittiness of this straightforward spaghetti with a racial twist.
Despite the rewatch, this still would be in my alt. top 20 - and I would fully recommend this to anybody that hasnā€™t seen it yet, and who like their spaghetti mean and moody.

The music at one point is, as previously mentioned, very reminiscent of House Of The Rising Sun, which was a hit 2 years earlier for The Animals - but they nicked it anyway, as it was a folk song with some heritage prior to this.
On the musical theme - Iā€™d forgotten the bar, in a time out of joint moment, had an old horned phonograph that played a flat disc - something that was not invented in Pecoā€™s era - but at least it didnā€™t play the afore-mentioned hit.

Just watched this through the WE DVD (blu ray player wasnā€™t at hand) and Iā€™ve gotta say, this was pretty solid. Much better than my expectations! The strong colors and good sound quality of the disc didnā€™t hurt either!

I concur - watched the very fine Koch release. I liked Pecos a lot. I donā€™t know if intended or not but in the age of the western hegemony among the so called Third Countries, a Mexican hero called Pecos (although named Jonny Madoc in the German dubbed version) gives a lot of positive identification for African, Arabian or South-American movie watchers. The flick can be seen as a political statement against western domination.

The DB has the roles of Cristina Iosani (Nina) and Corinne Fontaine (Lola) reversed for the English dub. My question is which role is Esther (Italian dub? Ester or Esther?)? Is she attached to Iosani (Esther/Nina) or Fontaine (Esther/Lola)?