My Name Is Nobody / Il mio nome è Nessuno (Tonino Valerii, Sergio Leone, 1973)

It’s like having a football (soccer) team with a field coach and a team manager that has been a coach before, it never works.
In any case I prefer to think its a Valerii film

Wonder if their are any old interviews with Henry Fonda and his thoughts on who directed the film…

Apparently there isn’t anything from Fonda about Nobody. Too bad …

That’s a shame. Would have been interesting to hear his thoughts.

havn’t seen this for a long time! would need to see it again before i commented.

Didn’t do anything for me, i get the idea behind this, and i wish it was better executed. The humor doesn’t hit a right note ever, and the self-parody mode eats the whole movie.

i can’t believe there people like this movie :o
and the worst thing this is in the oficial top 20 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Parts of the soundtrack is really awesome :slight_smile:

[url]My Name is Nobody Soundtrack (The Wild Horde) - YouTube

Yes, beautiful.

Includes some parts from Wagner’s Ride of the Walkyries.

Here’s another excellent piece:

[quote=“Stanton, post:209, topic:71”]Yes, beautiful.

Includes some parts from Wagner’s Ride of the Walkyries.

Here’s another excellent piece:

I don’t like the insertion of Wager’s Valkyries, it’s too much a cliché. But then again, it probably has become one since then, maybe Morricone was one of the first to use it.

The second piece is very interesting, beautiful combination of music and natural sounds, in some parts close to Pink Floyd’s ‘Time’ from The Dark side of the Moon

Morricone used excerpts from classical music in some of his SW scores so this is not the first time

He used Beethoven in The Big Gundown for example

Only a few parts, and then in a heavily over-worked version. I like the shrieking use here. Most of the track is pure Morricone though.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:212, topic:71”]Morricone used excerpts from classical music in some of his SW scores so this is not the first time

He used Beethoven in The Big Gundown for example[/quote]

I know, but I was thinking of The Valkyries. Especially since Apocalypse Now it has become a very popular sample piece
I lked it when I was younger, but it has become too familiar. It’s a bit like that Procul Harum hit, A Whiter Shade of Pale, I loved it when I first heard it, but I’ve heard it so often since then, that it leaves me cold these days. Queen’s Bohemian rhapsody is another example.

True, only a few parts, but it’s very dominant; I hadn’t heard the piece in years, but immediately thought of the Valkyries

Does stand out I agree, but I have to admit being a lover of the score.

Same here, I really love some of those early 70’s Morricone scores: this one, Revolver, Duck you Sucker.

I AGREE WITH SARTANA 1968…Gringos must have had magic mushrooms for supper when they voted this one into the top 20…lol :-[

I do too, but I like Nobody’s the Greatest score better

Finally rewatched it, because of all the discussions here

I liked it much better than when I first saw it
There’s some genuinely good stuff in here (the opening, the finale, the beer glasses those scenes with the Wild Bunch), but then again there are too many things that don’t work to call it a masterpiece.
I don’t care for yet another mirror scene, nor for this urinal nonsense (well done but terribly unfunny), and overall there’s too much Trinity sneaking in (I know it’s part of the concept)

Anyway, it was good to see it again and good to see that it’s a lot better than I thought
(I’ll have to go looking for a better DVD than the one I have (Dutch DVD, not anamorphic, sound low on volume, colours off in a lot of scenes)