My Favorite Spaghetti Western Theme Songs!

(tomobea) #1

I`m sitting here by my computer listen to alot of SW Theme songs!!!
And i found these three my favorites so far.

1. Return of Ringo - Maurizio Graf. (Ennio Morricone)
  2. Sartana Does Not Forgive(Sonora) - Maybe Somewhere by Raol. (Francesco De Masi)
  3. Two Crosses At Danger Pass - Whithout a Name by Raol. (Francesco De Masi)

Tom,

(Dillinger) #2

Of course it’s DJANGO !!!

(korano) #3

One of my favorite themes is the A Sky Full of Stars for a Roof theme. If not my #1 fav.

(Søren) #4

What instantly springs to mind are the theme songs from both Trinity-movies, the one from Man From the East and one of my favourites that Pot of gold-song from Massacre Time. Also there’s the song from Silver Saddle that although it’s corny as hell is pretty catchy :slight_smile:

(Stanton) #5

I still hate all these cheesy songs. They all damage the films a bit, and I can’t remember a good one at this very moment.
I would cut them all out, if I were allowed too, for the better of mankind. Or was it SWkind? Or was it only for me? Probably the last.

(Søren) #6

I don’t think they damage the movies any more than those cheesy theme songs damage in let’s say the James Bond-movies. But you are perhaps not a big fan of them either stanton (the JB theme songs not the movies)?

(Dillinger) #7

But not all of them are cheesy! C’mon Stanton, don’t be so cruel!

(Stanton) #8

Some of them are very good, some not. But that’s rock or at least pop. And the JB films are contemporary films.

(Stanton) #9

I have to think about it, for the moment I don’t remember any I like in a Spag. I don’t like most of the songs in american westerns either, for the same reasons. But in the Spags they are completely out of place.

(Dillinger) #10

So you must hate Silver Saddle, where this song keeps on runnin’ thoughout the entire flick.

(Tom B.) #11

“Bolero” from Django Shoots First is my favorite. Also the alternate theme song for “Ben and Charlie” which can be found on the Wild East release is very catchy.

(ION BRITTON) #12

My signature… :wink: :smiley:

(ENNIOO) #13

“Maybe Somewhere” sung by Raoul from Sonora.

(scherpschutter) #14

… the horror … the horror …

And all this cruelty done for the sake of mankind …

(Silvanito) #15

The theme to Johnny Hamlet is good I think, and Maurizio Graf has a fine voice

It’s not cheesy is it?

(Søren) #16

Ah yes. Exactly !

Actually the start of Massacre Time with the intro song playing is probably the best thing in the whole movie for me :slight_smile:

(Phil H) #17

[quote=“Lindberg, post:15, topic:1439”]The theme to Johnny Hamlet is good I think, and Maurizio Graf has a fine voice

It’s not cheesy is it?[/quote]

Yeah, I think cheesy is probably fair. But who cares. I love it. And most of those other cheesy ones too. I couldn’t disagree more with brother Stanton on this. Rather than detracting from the films I think they are part and parcel of the pleasure. Give me a cheesy theme song over the opening credits sung by Maurizio Graf or Raoul and it will make up for a whole lot of faults the film might have later on.

(Dillinger) #18

I also like the song from “Preparati la bara”. It has a cool beat.

(ION BRITTON) #19

[quote=“Søren, post:16, topic:1439”]Ah yes. Exactly !

Actually the start of Massacre Time with the intro song playing is probably the best thing in the whole movie for me :)[/quote]

You bet!

Still, it’s the best of Fulci’s sw, but not a timeless classic.

(Bluntwolf) #20

Find a man performed by Maurizio Graf (Johnny Hamlet/De Masi)

Who’s the man performed by Raoul (Quanto costa morire/De Masi)

Maybe somewhere, maybe somebody performed by Franco Morselli (Sartana does not forgive/De Masi)

Tequila Joe performed by Raoul (Time and Place for Killing/De Masi)

Come Mai performed by Raoul (Kill 'em all and come back alone/De Masi)

Django performed by Robert Fia (Django/Bacalov)

Non mi aspettavi piu performed by Franco Morselli (No room to die/Kojucharov)

Pochi dollari per Django performed by Don Powell (PDPD/Savina)

Texas addio performed by Don Powell (Texas addio/Abril)

Seven men + Stranger performed by Raoul (Sette winchester per un massacro/Vado… l’ammazzo e torno/De Masi)

and many more…