My Favorite Spaghetti Western Theme Songs!

My absofuckin’lutely favourite song is from The Big Gundown (German: Der Gehetzte der Sierra Madre):

[url]Schürzenjäger - Sierra Madre 1997 live - YouTube

:smiley:

I love Vamos a matar Companeros, but that’s rather different from all the others, and the voices are more used like instruments. I’m not sure if it really is a song.

2 Likes

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:14, topic:1439”]… the horror … the horror …

And all this cruelty done for the sake of mankind …[/quote]

Yeah, the greatest cruelties were always done in the name of mankind. Makes people feel good while doing bad, bad things.

But I have a nobler aim, I’ll do it for me.

I’ll start tomorrrow buying all the DVD and TV rights for future releases of cheesy-song-SWs, and then it’s ifyouwantlyricsbuythesoundtrack-time for the rest of all your miserable lives.
But me, I will dwell in goodness, and that’s the most important thing, cause frankly, I’m somehow an egoist, and just when I only think about it, a feeling of eternal greatness crawls up my spine.

God, it’s … it’s shivering!

And how about Keoma, Stanton?

1 Like

That’s what I’m sayin’ !!! :slight_smile:

Apocalypse Joe is my favorite.

I also like the main themes for the Providenza films, even though I’m not a fan of the movies.

1 Like

Yeah, shit, you got me, that’s a good one. That’s one I like.
It maybe kitschy in places, sometimes it’s overused and sometimes superficial. But overall it works damn good. Same for Mannaja.

Ok, 2 less for which I have to buy the rights.

I like the ones from…

And God Said to Cain
I Want Him Dead
Trinity Is Still My Name
Ben & Charlie (Let it Rain & the alternate Ben and Charlie song on the WE disc)
Johnny Hamlet
Arizona Colt
Keoma
Mannaja
Silver Saddle

1 Like

I do like the Cain song. Kinda like a gospel which is fitting for this dark and gothic Spaghetti.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:15, topic:1439”]The theme to Johnny Hamlet is good I think, and Maurizio Graf has a fine voice

It’s not cheesy is it?[/quote]

I’ve checked this yesterday evening, and sorry, this is excactly the kind of singing I don’t like. It seems so wrong for a Spag.
The Big Gundown is another famous piece which would be better without the voice.

Not a Spaghetti song, but who knows if one was made today…and stars the Spaghetti Cat:

Maybe some of these songs sound extra corny to you English speakers than to the rest of us, we’re less sensitive about it since it’s not our first language?

Anyway, one SW song that is really corny even to me is Gunfight at Red Sands, you know the one that goes “Keep your hand on your gun, don’t you trust anyone” :smiley:

Here’s a clip just in case you haven’t heard it:

[url]- YouTube

Right, that’s really corny and called A Gringo like me !!!

[quote=“Lindberg, post:32, topic:1439”]Maybe some of these songs sound extra corny to you English speakers than to the rest of us, we’re less sensitive about it since it’s not our first language?

Anyway, one SW song that is really corny even to me is Gunfight at Red Sands, you know the one that goes “Keep your hand on your gun, don’t you trust anyone” :smiley:

Here’s a clip just in case you haven’t heard it:

[url]- YouTube

That’s a coincidence Lindberg. I was just listening to that song on the DRG Spaghetti Westerns volume 3 compilation. It is damned corny but I really like it. As do my kids, who have just been singing along with it ;D

[quote=“Bluntwolf, post:20, topic:1439”]Find a man performed by Maurizio Graf (Johnny Hamlet/De Masi)

Who’s the man performed by Raoul (Quanto costa morire/De Masi)

Maybe somewhere, maybe somebody performed by Franco Morselli (Sartana does not forgive/De Masi)

Tequila Joe performed by Raoul (Time and Place for Killing/De Masi)

Come Mai performed by Raoul (Kill 'em all and come back alone/De Masi)

Django performed by Robert Fia (Django/Bacalov)

Non mi aspettavi piu performed by Franco Morselli (No room to die/Kojucharov)

Pochi dollari per Django performed by Don Powell (PDPD/Savina)

Texas addio performed by Don Powell (Texas addio/Abril)

Seven men + Stranger performed by Raoul (Sette winchester per un massacro/Vado… l’ammazzo e torno/De Masi)

and many more…[/quote]

Oh that’s a superb list! I’d also add “Return of Ringo” and “Angel Face” by Maurizio Graf, the “Gold” song from Kill The Wicked, “Johnny Yuma”, “Man from Nowhere” and “A Lone and Angry Man”, “Killer Adios”, “Ringo Come To Fight” and the song from the end of Killer Calibre 32 though i have no clue what it’s called…Oh and the one from Death Walks in Laredo…and more i’m sure! The cheesier the better! Ones i could do without are the song from Keoma and “Bunny” from Four of the Apocalypse!

Hehe…love this one too…and incidentally so does my daughter. Only problem is that she insists on me singing along…a sound that should be inflicted on no-one! :-X

I love anything by Morricone - not just saying that either - his work is masterful.

my favorite themes:
For A Few Dollars More
Django
The Grand Duel
The Great Silence
Once Upon A Time In The West
Cemetery Without Crosses

1 Like

Forgot one that I haven’t seen mentioned in this thread. The theme song from Death Sentence is actually great… (Start praying cause this game’s for real… etc.)

Sure, many (most) of the spaghetti western theme songs ARE corny. And sure you could easily strip them from the movies and have a more clean and serious movie but for me some of the fun in watching them would most definitely be stripped as well.

With exception of the great scores from Sergio Leone’s western,i like these 10 at most -

1. The big gundown - Run man run
  2. Ben and Charlie - Let it rain,let it pour
  3. The moment to kill - Walk by my side
  4. Arizona Colt - The man from nowhere
  5. Companeros - Vamos a matar,companeros
  6. Get the coffin ready - You better smile
  7. Navajo Joe - Navajo Joe
  8. The dirty outlaws - Desperado
  9. Massacre time - A man alone
  10. Keoma - Keoma
1 Like

One more I forgot: “Forgive and not forget” from One More To Hell is extremely catchy …

http://www.screenarchives.com/media/7183-3449.mp3

[quote=“LankyFellow, post:38, topic:1439”]3. The moment to kill - Walk by my side

1. Get the coffin ready - You better smile
    [/quote]

Also among my favorites…