Mercenario DVD Release Special

How’s the documentary on the Koch dvd? I wonder if it’s worth buying the disc since I already own the Japanese dvd.

As you probably know we have english subtitles for the documentary. Viewed around two weeks ago and liked listening to Franco Nero and his stories who is in the documentary the most. I will not watch the documentary for a good few years now. Depends how much you like the film and what spare cash you have to a degree :smiley: .

If you did get it, would you be interested in selling your Japanese copy?

I highly enjoyed the documentary on the Koch Media IL MERCENARIO release! I think the disc is a must-have, even if you already own the Japanese Stingray disc.
I really only have one minor complaint about the Koch Media disc…and that is that the English audio track sounds a bit thin in places. I can’t put my finger on what the problem is, but the Japanese disc seems to actually have better sound for some reason.
Otherwise, though, the Koch disc is superb!

[quote=“Sanjuro, post:83, topic:2164”]If you did get it, would you be interested in selling your Japanese copy?[/quote]I think I’ll keep it in my collection anyway.

still don’t get why people want to hang on to the clearly inferior japanese dvd…

Any one else noticed this re the english audio track on the Koch disc ?

well it certainly shows its age, but I’m not sure about the thin aspect, hooked it up to my speakers and it sounded alright. Certainly not 1998 recording but a 1968… yeah it does lack some dynamic, but overall i’m happy with it

Yeh me too. It is really good.

Nostalgia… Plus the Japanese one has a cool hologram calendar and a shortened version of the film as an easter-egg.