Manos: The Hands of Fate - The Greatest

bad movie of all time. I thought I’ve seen some bad movies, but boy was I wrong… so wrong I regret I ever complained about other movies I thought were bad. Manos: The Hands of Fate takes the prize, simply because even standard bad movies are at least made with some professional skill. Manos: The Hands of Fate lacks film-making basics… like how to hold a camera or how to edit footage. It’s so bad it’s bizarre. Manos… The Hands of Fate definitely lives up to its notorious reputation.

For those of you who haven’t experienced the joy of Manos, it is a phenomenon. It was so bad that during the 1966 premiere screening the cast and crew had to secretly leave the theater before the angry audience’s negative reactions got out of hand. It was completely forgotten (for the sake of civilization’s sanity) until Mystery Science Theater 3000 mocked it. Personally, I don’t know how anyone can even utter a coherent sentence during the viewing of this “movie,” because the viewer would be too dumbfounded by its ineptitude and complete lack of professional quality in every aspect of film production. So I applaud MST3K for being able to riff this … movie… because I surely wouldn’t know what to say. That or I would have left the room and become homicidal.

For MST3K’s version of Manos The Hands of Fate: (There are a few segments in the show you have to skip before MST3K starts getting into Manos):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7601757759632230570&ei=S07iSvP-I4eiwgPSmo3dDw&q=manos+the+hands+of+fate+mst3k# [/url]

For those who are of strong constitution, go ahead and watch the movie without the MST3K version. Here’s the untainted version of Manos, the masterpiece of badness:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GLkJFLkHS8]- YouTube

Enjoy! ;D :smiley:

That all said, I’m a huge fan of Manos. 8)

it is bad, it would be in my top 20 worst films but is far from the worst, try the creeping terror (1964) or Boarding House (1979)they are the worst horror films i have yet seen,but i am sure there are worse than that out there :o

I’ll take your word for it, MWAN, cus I sure ain’t running to see those “films” you mentioned to see if I agree with you or not. :-X ;D

Hobgloblins is horrible too, but at least it’s still much more professionally made than Manos. Manos’ technical incompetence makes it unwatchable.

Manos is so bad it’s hard to believe it was made. I would also recommend “Beast of Yucca Flats” - another movie so bad that it has to be seen to be believed

[quote=“alk0, post:4, topic:2031”]Manos is so bad it’s hard to believe it was made. I would also recommend “Beast of Yucca Flats” - another movie so bad that it has to be seen to be believed[/quote]heard of this one and heard it is very bad but never seen it and in no hurry too.

I would watch it with the people on this forum. It would be the the new MST3K. Only more bitter and less cute, possibly violent :wink:

Hmmm, you’re starting to make this sound irresistible. I should see if i have this in one of my Millcreek sets. ;D

" MANOS will be served." :smiley: Haha, the first half felt kinda’ like i was watching someone’s home movies on a sheet with a 16mm projector in a church basement somewhere. Then we get to the wonderful wrestling in toga’s part. Man this is bad. Definitely one for beers ‘n’ buds.

I know, SM. Manos changed my life. I’m a better person now. :wink:

I love the Torgo theme, everytime he walks it seems they played that frickin music

Yes… I should change it to my ringtone.

The remake of The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage must be the worst. What an awful film.

Greatest bear-suit scene ever !!! ;D

Did you see the guy in the wasp suit… ;D?

They remade it! Ohmigoodness! I am too shocked for words! How could a studio let this be greenlighted? Unless it was a Nicolas Cage vanity project.

Nicolas Cage. One word: RETIRE

Think I will give the remake a miss.

That’s a great idea. Avoid it!

He could aford it. He has a house quite near me and photos of him walking about always get in the local newspaper. But I always miss him… Dang!

I’ve been watching/re-watching a lot of MST3K films lately, including Manos… Growing-up pre-internet, we used to call these kind of films ‘howlers’ because viewers howl with laughter at film’s overwrought ineptnesses. -As if they’re made by children. Manos is a perfect example of that.

And I love it. MST3K-fans must’ve too, because Torgo appears in skit-segments during later installments, accompanied by that spectacularly awful theme-music. I should instruct my family to play it at my funeral. They’d probably agree that it suits me.

I’d recommend Manos as a once-every-three-year viewing experience. But only in the Mystery Science Theater format. The standalone format would be unpalpable.