Light the Fuse … Sartana Is Coming / Una nuvola di polvere … un grido di morte … arriva Sartana (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1970)

Holy Ghost is Trinity meets Sartana with a Zapata backdrop.

Garko is always stylish!

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:57, topic:1153”]Maybe people with ADD, tired people who can’t be bothered, others not in the mood for a western.[/quote]Advanced Dungeons & Dragons?

;D

This sounds too good to be true - I think I’ll need to get somewhere a copy of this rarity. Seems to have different cuts in all available releases. Which one do you have?

I have three versions,

1. Fullscreen dvd rip from franco cleef. Lousy barely watchable picture and muffled sound. FC gave me nice looking cover art though.

2. Another fullscreen VHS rip, english with subs of an unknown language. Better quality picture and sound. I think I got it from driveinconnection.

3. Widescreen fandub. Great quality picture. I think the picture was taken from an Italian dvd but with the muffled english track from the poor quality vhs added on. Anyway I downloaded this one and when I burned it to dvd I added a menu screen with music from the film. So far this is the definitive version of the movie.

There isn’t any english dvd available. A suggestion for wildeast maybe?

right now i consider this along with “have a good funeral” to be the best sartana films…highly enjoyable…and of course both of these films have great music…one thing i noticed about this film is that he uses his revolver…in all the other films he carried his revolver but never used it…always used the 4 shot derringer…and that always kinda bothered me…was glad to see he finally pulled that revolver out the holster…lol…another observation i had about that same thing was he didnt even have the derringer until he took it off the sheriff…in all the other films hes already carrying it…made me want to think this could be a prequel to all the other films…but thats just me thinking…

I don’t think, that Mr Ascott thought about about this prequel thing, when he did that Derringer-scene. I think it’s rather accidentally.

yeah i figured as much…was just an observation…

Database comment:

In the fourth and last of the “official” Sartana westerns with Gianni Garko in the lead, the James Bond like gadgets tend to get a bit over the top, and it is therefore a good example of how the SWs were becoming more absurd as the film makers tried to top the already decadent sensations of the previously made films. Less polished and less stylish then its predecessor, Have a Good Funeral my Friend, Sartana Will Pay, this entry of the popular series is still pretty entertaining and will not disappoint the fans. In fact many think of it as the best of the bunch.

Pretty well written.

Thanks Stanton.

[quote=“Stanton, post:70, topic:1153”]Database comment:

In the fourth and last of the “official” Sartana westerns with Gianni Garko in the lead, the James Bond like gadgets tend to get a bit over the top, and it is therefore a good example of how the SWs were becoming more absurd as the film makers tried to top the already decadent sensations of the previously made films. Less polished and less stylish then its predecessor, Have a Good Funeral my Friend, Sartana Will Pay, this entry of the popular series is still pretty entertaining and will not disappoint the fans. In fact many think of it as the best of the bunch.[/quote]

eloquently said

Re-watch it this weekend. Probably the spanish dvd is cut because Sartana seems to have different horses in at least one sequence.
Anyway, it is a cool detective western but not the best entry in the saga.

My review for Por um punhado de euros blog, here:

Nice review on your Blog Companheiro, but for me Garko is most perfect in Per 100,000 dollari ti ammazzo, and 10.000 dollari per un massacro

Agreed!

Me too.

really strange and boring plot ???

sartana kill 14 with the colt and all the others with gadgets

Just watched this tonight. Really enjoyed it, more than the other two Sartana sequels I’ve seen (still haven’t seen Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay), and almost as much as If You Meet Sartana, Pray For Your Death. I dunno, I don’t especially respond to the goofier films but there’s something about the Sartanas that leaves me with a big, sappy grin on my face. I want my spags much grimier than this but at the same time I cheered out loud, involuntarily, a couple of times whilst watching this film! What was that ugly little thing? Not Garko’s moustache (that’s not ugly either, that’s wonderful), the other thing; A sort-of juiced-up Furbie! Brilliant! But stupid. But brilliant! Our man was a bit too busy solving mysteries and chasing down red herrings for it to feel like anything other than a 'roided-up extended episode of Murder, She Wrote and thanks to Sartana’s continuing X-Men-level abilities there was still no sense of tension but WHO CARES? This film’s got a Pipe Organ Multi-Gun, everybody!

1 Like