Light the Fuse … Sartana Is Coming / Una nuvola di polvere … un grido di morte … arriva Sartana (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1970)

Is this not only the best Sartana, but also the best Carnimeo in general?

Nope

Best Sartanas are If you Meet S. … and Have a Good Funeral … . Best Carnimeos are They Call Me Hallelujah and Have a Good Funeral …

After these most likely Sartana is Coming and Moment to Kill.

You kill me, Stan!

Have a good funeral is my No.2 Sartana. I’m not a big fan of Hallelujah.

To add something, Stanton:

in your wonderful review of Have a Good Funeral you write, that “there seems to be no doubt that this is the entry with the best score”.

For me there is reason for doubt. I also like the Light the Fuse score better. It is even my ringtone! Sorry pal.

Too bad. I’ll wait for you at the cinema exit …

Do your best on me!

You won’t feel any pain

What a pleasant perspective.

I think the best carnimeo is They Call Him Cemetery. Have a good funeral is Garko’s personal favorite. An arguement can be made for any of the official Sartana’s being the best sartana, they are all great!

I like Cemetery a lot, too. Unfortunately it has a rather cheap look…

I’d say Light the Fuse, Sartana Gravedigger, and Holy Ghost are his best

Haven’t seen Holy Ghost yet.

Yeah its grown on me, I even got the soundtrack. I didn’t like it at first because I wasn’t paying attention.

Why? Is the plot so complicated?

Yeah to some people

What kind of people?

Maybe people with ADD, tired people who can’t be bothered, others not in the mood for a western.

…dead people…

Holy Ghost is great. Tongue in cheek, rather silly - even corny at times, but stylish 8) with it. I wasn’t so sure the first time, but loved it second time around when I went with the flow. Funny at times, and yet quite brutal as a contrast. And it’s nowhere near the same kind of shit that passes off for humour :stuck_out_tongue: in that Trinity bollocks, I’m pleased to say.