Kung Fu-films

I really want to see Black Belt Jones and Exit the Dragon enter the Tiger …
i think the best Kung Fu flicks are Enter the Dragon and Game of death.

1 Like

[quote=“Silvanito, post:1, topic:368”]Kung Fu is one of the few genres of cinema I like besides spaghettis.

However I do like the Steven Seagal martial arts-films from the late 80’s/early 90’s, they’re really great, and incredibly violent ;D

Sadly Steven Seagal has only made crap films for the last ten years, so I don’t think we’ll be seeing any more good stuff from him, too bad :-\

[/quote]
Your right his earlier films kick ass!
I especially like “OUT FOR JUSTICE” & “MARKED FOR DEATH”

Here in the U.K. these films were cut to ribbons so i got U.S and Japanese releases on Laserdisc and DVD.

Does anyone know where to get an uncut version of “ABOVE THE LAW” (NICO), as the MPAA cut it in America and as far as i know the whole world got the cut American certificate “R” print. (the U.K one was this print and got cut even more)!

[quote=“Musket, post:21, topic:368”]I really want to see Black Belt Jones and Exit the Dragon enter the Tiger …
i think the best Kung Fu flicks are Enter the Dragon and Game of death.[/quote]

BLACK BELT JONES IS AWESOME!!
AND CHECK OUT THE SCORE BY DENNIS COFFEY!

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:23, topic:368”]BLACK BELT JONES IS AWESOME!!
AND CHECK OUT THE SCORE BY DENNIS COFFEY![/quote]
thats because i hate Germany ,getting rare movies is hard… I 'll go for it on ebay;)

Don’t get a U.K box though because it’s cut by our good friends at the BBFC!

Wankers!

i’ll probably just get the in singles at hate box sets for some reason

My favourite Kung-Fu flick is ‘Magnificent Butcher’. Sure it has some unnecessary violent toward women but those fight scenes kick ass. The older Yuen Woo Ping films are generally my favourites i.e. ‘Snake In Eagles Shadow’, ‘Druken Master’.
[url]- YouTube

I never found Bruce Lee movies any special.

Anybody seen THE PROTECTOR? I thought it was great.

THE PROTECTOR is a great Jackie Chan Flick.

Did you know there are at least 2 different versions of it.

The English language print (the original) contains more nudity and bad language.

THe Chinese print (available on dvd w/ English subtitles) is a different cut of the film, Jackie himself edited the fights differently (especially the one with Bill Wallace) and removed the swearing and nudity. :slight_smile:

It’s been such a long time since i’ve seen them i can’t remember the differences properly though :slight_smile:

I think he means the new “Protecter” film with Tony Jaa(which I havnt seen nor the Jackie Chan one) Im I the only one who hates Jackie Chan?

Also has anyone seen Ong-Bak with Tony Jaa? I think Tony Jaa is gonna be the next big action star(and we fucking need one in a big way)

yes, i was talking about the new one.

i didn’t know it was the new one, i’ve only seen Ong-Bak :slight_smile:

did you know he did his own stunts in Ong-Bak?

I thought he did but i wasn’t sure, i just love the chase scene, how the fuck did he manage to jump through that barbed wire hoop, that bit was so cool! 8)

For fans of Flying Guillotine and Five Deadly Venoms get ready to see some remakes

http://www.kungfucinema.com/news/2006/111601.html

I was watching Master of the flying guillotine this morning and thinking how much I love this movie probably one of my favorite Kung fu movies(although I havnt seen many Kung Fu films)I hope they remake it like Master of the flying guillotine(not a huge fan of the flying guillotine) Im just wondering who they would cast.

Anyway whats your opinions on this

The Protector gets released on January 16th.

good asian films worth checking out:

city of violence
the host
dog bite dog
dragon tiger gate
il mare
a dirty carnival

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/The_Double_Feature_-_Your_new_favorite_exploitation_cinema_magazine

“Pedicab Driver” with Sammo Hung, WOW! if you like martial arts pics you cannot miss this one!

Yeah i’ve seen it. I thought it was very similar to Ong Bak.