Kino Lorber release thread

Yep sold the lot… :pensive:

In a week. To suppor the SWDb, use our Amazon link:

Are you serious? I thought it was a brand new scan from a 35mm print.

Damn, I would have just waited to get another multi region player.

1 Like

I actually used to hack every player with ease. I forget about the routine but there’s normally always a list of codes to find.

1 Like

applies only to DVD, the BluRay technology fixes the region code in hardware, so they require hardware modification

I know such a dumb thing to do. I found codes but they just didn’t work,so I got fed up.

I only buy another disc of that film (I have the 2004 DVD and the 2014 yellow Blu) if the original Italian theatrical version (without the cave scene of course) will be released. With Italian audio and subs translated from that.

Or if the even superior Stanton cut will one day be released.

I generally prefer the longer version, and when I watch the 2014 Blu, I just turn down the colors a little bit, skip the cave scene, and everything is fine

1 Like

With never before seen scenes even :slight_smile:

He he, no, with 2 scenes less, 3 scenes less if one wants to count the cave scene also …

High Def digest wrote it’s a new transfer, not the same used for the 2017 release

That’s a relief! Sundance had me worried

All the specs can of course be found here: Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

What I have read so far it is still the MGM master, only that they worked on the colors again, but very extensively now. The 4 k scan of a 1967 Print was only used for the about 10 sec of missing material:

"Some updates regarding our upcoming 4KUHD release of THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY:

NEW color grading was applied to BOTH the Extended version (4KUHD) and Theatrical International version (Blu-ray). The color grading will now be consistent between both versions of the film.

We also restored the 2.0 Mono audio, going back to the 1993 MGM laserdisc PCM monaural track.

Disc 2 (Blu-ray) ? Theatrical Cut
A 4K scan of a 1967 35mm IB tech print is the secondary source for approximately 10 seconds of content that is not present in the extended version of the film. This comprises of 5 shots total:

A) The optical flip ending in Tuco’s neck back around the noose. (Timecode 01:24:13:03- 14 frames)

B) Tuco shoving the “Open/Closed” sign into the storekeeper’s mouth. (Timecode 01:37:46:20- 5 seconds, 10 frames - this was cut short in the 2017 Kino theatrical version)

C) An extreme closeup on Blondie’s eyes shortly before Tuco’s gang comes barging through the door - features a hidden jump cut that is present on both the 35mm IB tech print and the Laserdisc release but not in the extended cut - (Timecode 01:41:54:15- 1 second, 14 frames- not present in the 2017 Kino theatrical version)

D) The fade up on Tuco and Blondie riding up to the mission after forcing him to walk through the desert (Timecode 02:02:45:19- 1 second, 3 frames- cut short in the 2017 Kino)

E) The tail of the shot of the train leaving the station. (Timecode 02:38:22:08- 2 seconds, 1 frame- cut short in the 2017 Kino)

Total Run Time: 02Hrs, 41Min, 57Sec

We also added the newly restored German Theatrical Trailer to our amazing list of extras - Courtesy of Jordan Krug and Benji Heran"

And that:

"Coming April 27th on 4KUHD!
THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY (1967)
? 162-Minute Theatrical Cut - Over 30 hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading and a 4K scan of a 1967 IB tech print as the secondary source to restore the theatrical cut to its original glory. "

I have a question from a friend on this Kino Lorber UHD dual format release.

Does anyone know if the BluRay will be region free or not?
That’s just the BluRay, the UHD doesn’t matter.

Cheers

1 Like

trying my luck on Facebook, so far KLC seems to lock all their discs, but let’s see if we can get it confirmed somewhere

1 Like

I just looked on my Amazon order and it says it’s arriving in June? Is this just a placeholder date?

could also be a matter of inventory, but I see that sometimes, that they provide the date that they know “now”, but in all likelyhood are able to replenish their stock faster and give you a new date once they have inventory coming in

1 Like

Well… it does look nice

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film9/blu-ray_review_137/the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly_4K_UHD.htm

2 Likes

Any screenies for the Blu-ray?