Killer Caliber .32 / Killer calibro 32 (Alfonso Brescia, 1967)

Just finished watching this and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to watch a sort of “murder mystery Western” because I like murder mysteries. Peter Lee Lawrence as a dapper gentleman who kept reminicing his granny was great and it was cool to see other familiar faces too, like Alberto Dell’Acqua and Hèléne Chanel

2 Likes

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Killer Calibro 32

At least some of the “filming location” was set at SCO Ostia Antica

Thanks,

2 Likes

New poll for this one at the top of the page on the original post. :cowboy_hat_face: :+1: :arrow_up:

1 Like

A total mystery: According to the English opening credits, the actress playing the accountant Janet Sullivan is called Lucy Slade, according to the Italian opening and closing credits Lucy Scay; Killer calibro 32 was apparently her only film. Yet Lucy Scay/Slade in no way gives the impression of making her film debut. Not a single biographical information could I find about her person, nothing, zero, nada. Lucy Scay/Slade bears some resemblance to Maria Pia Luzi, whose filmography begins in 1961, ends in 1964, and then continues in 1969. After rewatching Luzi’s performance as a hospital patient covetously seeking physical proximity to the Mastroianni character in Antonioni’s La notte (1961), then her major role in the fastidious science fiction film I pianeti contro di noi (Romano Ferrara, 1962), followed by two episodic comedies with Franco Franchi and Ciccio Ingrassia, Avventura al motel (Renato Polselli, 1963) and Gli imbroglioni (Lucio Fulci, 1963), and finally in fast-forward Dal nostro inviato a Copenaghen (Alberto Cavallone, 1970), in which Luzi supposedly stars under her pseudonym Jane Avril, I still could not answer the question of whether Maria Pia Luzi, Lucy Scay/Slade and Jane Avril are one and the same actress.

1 Like

I don’t know if I might have misunderstood, but at least the 2 girls/women on these photos I think are not the same (assuming the first one is the actor Lucy Scay according to IMDb and playing Janet).

The first from Kille Caliber .32 and the second Maria Pia Luzi

Thank you, runner. Actually, I don’t think Lucy Scay/Slade and Maria Pia Luzi are the same person either, but I’m not one hundred percent sure, especially since Luzi looks quite different from film to film. And I’m not even convinced that Luzi and Jane Avril are one and the same actress (I just can’t bring myself to use the [supposedly] gender-neutral form, “actor,” which still makes me think exclusively of male actors, if not immediately evoking the image of a bearded, paunchy guy on stage delivering a Shakespearean monologue—an age thing, I guess). Maybe @Carlos knows more about Lucy Scay/Slade, maybe @JonathanCorbett, who unfortunately hasn’t visited the forum in a while.

2 Likes

Seems you guys have summed it up nicely. I see some similarities but… I know no more :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, Carlos! By the way, for all those interested in little-known actors and extras of Italian and, to a lesser extent, Spanish cinema mainly of the 1960s and 1970s, Thrilling Forum – Euro-Actors Database is a real treasure trove. In addition to a wealth of images, the information there is a very welcome corrective to the nonsense found in many cases on IMDb (and, as we know from painful experience, incorrect information that is on IMDb, is all over the web).

3 Likes