Killer Caliber .32 / Killer calibro 32 (Alfonso Brescia, 1967)

Also enjoyed Killer Caliber 32 very much. PLL as well dressed Gentleman Killer had a good performance IMO. I think it was his first movie as leading actor.

Was thinking the same, would be interesting if Killer Calibro 32 is the first!

Actually the 1st of this type, and the inspiration for Sartana/Sabata was most likely Lee van Cleef alias Colonel Douglas Mortimer (formerly known as Mr Challenge ;)).

STYLISH MEMORABLE CLASSIC that is KILLER CALIBER 32 from 1967.

Damn, I have it right here but never come to watch thisā€¦ And tomorrow these 3 new Koch releases. Hard opponents for Killer Caliber 32 :wink:

Yes it is a time of mouth watering KOCH German DVD releases , long may it continue :slight_smile:

My review of Killer Calibro 32 on fistfulofpasta.com

http://fistfulofpasta.com/index.php?go=reviews/32caliberlen

Thanks lordradish!

Thanks for the review, Mortimer!

I started watching this last nightā€¦ fell asleep just before the end. Fantastic spaghetti, and quite the nice surprise as Iā€™d never heard of it (or PLL) before. What a great protagonist! Canā€™t wait to finish it when I get home from work, and will probably give it another viewing in short time.

One more thingā€¦ Helene Chanel is smoking hot! I think I liked her better as a brunette in Cjamango though. :wink:

Nice (and fair) review. I have a great fondness for this one (hence the name! ;D) and itā€™s a shame that PLL didnā€™t reprise the character in another film. Incidentally i have the German language dvd and the english language dvd-rā€¦and the dvd-r is actually a slightly longer version.

Ohā€¦nice site too. Look forward to reading your other reviews :wink:

[quote=ā€œSilver, post:28, topic:838ā€]Nice (and fair) review. I have a great fondness for this one (hence the name! ;D) and itā€™s a shame that PLL didnā€™t reprise the character in another film. Incidentally i have the German language dvd and the english language dvd-rā€¦and the dvd-r is actually a slightly longer version.

Ohā€¦nice site too. Look forward to reading your other reviews ;)[/quote]

Well Iā€™ve only have one review on the site so far. THis is Lordradishā€™s site. Iā€™m just one of the contributers. How is the quality of the German DVD and what is the runtime?

And good picture of George Martin on your avatar!

Thanks for the nod. Yeah, let me just say that Iā€™m psyched to Have Col. Mortimer and Frank Talby on board at Fistfulā€¦ two Lee Van Cleefs! That 32 Caliber Killer was indeed a good review.

Also, I donā€™t know if any of you are interested, but I just put up a live chat thing over there so if any of you ever wanted to chat you could just let each other know and pop over there (sorry for pimping) and talk spag till yer blue in the face.

German DVD is an ok one with a nice cover.

Runtime 82 min Pal = 85 min cinema
Aspect ratio 1,78:1 instead of 2,35:1
Picture quality is as far as I know good enough for such a cheap release, but some say that the similar Pay TV showings (my copy) has a better quality.

Their is an english audio fan version of the film that uses the German DVD print.

[quote=ā€œCol. Douglas Mortimer, post:29, topic:838ā€]Well Iā€™ve only have one review on the site so far. THis is Lordradishā€™s site. Iā€™m just one of the contributers. How is the quality of the German DVD and what is the runtime?

And good picture of George Martin on your avatar![/quote]

Oops! Apologies to Lordradish! Still, iā€™ll be checking it all out soon! Can anyone contribute stuff then? I see mentions of the German dvd have already been madeā€¦one thing to add, the English language dvd-r i have has an extra scene, and the full end titles/theme song omitted from the German release. It also has a lighter picture which is unusual in these cases. But itā€™s always nice to have an official release!

And re; avatar pictureā€¦yeah, i like it! ;D

[quote=ā€œSilver, post:33, topic:838ā€]Oops! Apologies to Lordradish! Still, iā€™ll be checking it all out soon! Can anyone contribute stuff then? I see mentions of the German dvd have already been madeā€¦one thing to add, the English language dvd-r i have has an extra scene, and the full end titles/theme song omitted from the German release. It also has a lighter picture which is unusual in these cases. But itā€™s always nice to have an official release!

And re; avatar pictureā€¦yeah, i like it! ;D[/quote]

Yeah anybody can contribute, if you want join the team! I think Lordradish wants as many people (who can write) as possible involved to make the best site possible.

The DVDR that I have runs 91 minutes. Too bad that the German DVD appears to be cut. I should probably have Lordradish modify my article to mention that.

Which is the extra scene that is ommited from the German print?

Pretty much the way things work is you let me know what you want to contribute, Iā€™ll have a look at it. if you write good, itā€™s going up (Iā€™m sorta like the editor, if that makes any sense). Itā€™s definitely okay to write something thatā€™s already reviewed. Iā€™d love to have some reviews of specific DVD releases, as I donā€™t have any written yet. If you go and click on the picture of Django in the sidebar over there, itā€™ll tell you everything you need to know. Thanks for your interest!

And let me reiterate that this is not trying to compete with the SWDB in any way. I donā€™t have a problem if you want to post something you wrote at Fistful over here as well.

[quote=ā€œCol. Douglas Mortimer, post:34, topic:838ā€]Yeah anybody can contribute, if you want join the team! I think Lordradish wants as many people (who can write) as possible involved to make the best site possible.

The DVDR that I have runs 91 minutes. Too bad that the German DVD appears to be cut. I should probably have Lordradish modify my article to mention that.

Which is the extra scene that is ommited from the German print?[/quote]

Itā€™s just a scene where Silver and the young woman who works in the bank are sorting through some papaers and trying to get to the bottom of whatā€™s going onā€¦it did add a little to the plot but taking it out didnā€™t really hurt the film eitherā€¦

[quote=ā€œlordradish, post:35, topic:838ā€]Pretty much the way things work is you let me know what you want to contribute, Iā€™ll have a look at it. if you write good, itā€™s going up (Iā€™m sorta like the editor, if that makes any sense). Itā€™s definitely okay to write something thatā€™s already reviewed. Iā€™d love to have some reviews of specific DVD releases, as I donā€™t have any written yet. If you go and click on the picture of Django in the sidebar over there, itā€™ll tell you everything you need to know. Thanks for your interest!

And let me reiterate that this is not trying to compete with the SWDB in any way. I donā€™t have a problem if you want to post something you wrote at Fistful over here as well.[/quote]

Thanks for the infoā€¦will keep it in mind. Then again, so far iā€™ve been too timid to even try adding to the database here soā€¦

Iā€™ve decided to get on a bit of a PLL kick over the next week or so and Killer Calibre 32 (forgive the english spelling, I canā€™t help myself) was first up. Hopefully now this is an SD free zone we can discuss it without any Nicht! Nein! Achtungs! jumping in. :o ::slight_smile: :o

Actually, I quite like this one. An enjoyable film on the whole and PLL does a decent job. Not a film thatā€™s going to trouble my top 20 (or top 50 for that matter) but well worth a viewing. The girls are very nice in this at any rate. And the theme tune and opening credits definitely get the thumbs up. Unfortunately, the english dub doesnā€™t do it any favours. Reminds me a bit of Texas Adios in that regard.

It is unusual to see such a dandy lead character in a spaghetti made at this time. And a detective to boot. I agree with the connections made in previous posts about Sartana but the even more obvious link with Garko of course is that he played the same character, Silver, in The Price of Death.

Killer Adios is next I think.

Like the story to this one, like a Spaghetti thriller. PLL looks the part and some nice ladies in this aswell.
Shame the German DVD is cropped from 2.35 widescreen to 1.85 though.

1 Like

Yes something like that should be forbidden. :slight_smile:

For sure :).