Kill Them All and Come Back Alone / Ammazzali tutti e torna solo (Enzo G. Castellari, 1968)

(Sebastian) #101

Ok then that might indeed be Castellari’s signature then

(The Man With a Name) #102

I liked this one more the second time I watched it. I think that’s because the first time I watched it, I was honestly expecting some kind of Sergio Leone film. The plot-holes prevent it from being great. It doesn’t make sense why Clyde McKay left the gold behind at the fort, for example. However, if you accept this Casteralli flick for what it is, I think it’s a four star film on the spaghetti scale.

(Sebastian) #103

Castellari flicks were never that great in the script department :slight_smile:

(JonathanCorbett) #104

This is a common problem for many SWs, it happened to me too when I first saw them.

And this is why thematic subdivision is of major importance to help newcomers, for instance making clear which movies are Trinity-like comedies, belong to the lower division or are characterised by American B western style.

This indeed had quite a few tedious fistfight segments, and Frank Wolff’s character was the most uninteresting role I’ve seen him in so far.

Agreed, I wanted to like this one but couldn’t. The action to be fair seemed to be quite ahead of it’s time but after the first couple of fights the whole film just became repetitive and a bit of a chore.

(Sebastian) #107

Ok so first I thought I’d put it on Ebay, but I just don’t have the time and I would rather see this go to one of you.
This is a replica of a lobby card or quad poster, signed by Castellari. It was originally provided to me by Koch Media a few years ago, I don’t remember to what purpose, a giveway or something. Now it’s just been sitting in my shelf for too long and I neither have the space to put it up, nor do I collect autographs. I accept bids/offers by personal message and it will be shipped within Europe in a bubble wrap envelope with a cardboard stabilizer. I have not idea what this could be worth, so I’ll probably sell it to the first offer that sounds “good” to me :slight_smile:

(Sebastian) #108

Hm, no interest… so I put it on Ebay http://www.ebay.de/itm/Enzo-G-Castellari-Autogramm-auf-Poster-Nachdruck-Italowestern-Spaghetti-Western/282807104986