Kill and Pray / Requiescant (Carlo Lizzani, 1967)

Ooooh - just reading back on this thread and have noticed another one of the reappearing placcy-cactii in the background of one of the Strangerā€™s screengrabs on page 3. Gotta find me some more films that have these supporting psuedo-succulents and sham-saguaro. I love 'em.

While the fake cactus went mostly unnoticed in Requiescant, in the Fidani the cactus (to its own surprise) got at least praise for the most lively acting in the film. (Still uncredited in both films)

Try some of the Winnetou films. I recall thereā€™s some good shots with a single cactus in the foreground of an otherwise cactus free landscapeā€¦ I canā€™t find any pictures right this second though.

Found them! Thereā€™s a load in the first 5 or 10 minutes of ā€œDer Schatz im Silberseeā€, and as far as I can tell none for the rest of the film (I only had a quick look though) so I guess they blew their budget with that spectacular display.

I tried and failed to upload a picture myself, but have a look at the title card in:
http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Treasure%20Silver%20Lake.html

Important info concerning the changes made recently to Database page

Pilar and Marta are two different characters: the first is played by Corinne Fontaine (uncredited, the pic on the right is from Due once di piombo/My Name Is Pecos), the second is a minor character played by Lorenza Guerrieri (the fourth picture is from O tutto o niente/A Man Called Amen).

Great to see you back Jonathon. For some reason I thought the female member (Pilar) of Juanā€™s group was played by Lorenza Guerrieri. Thanks for the info and correction. Iā€™ll go stand in the corner now (if I can get up). :slight_smile:

Jonathon, is this Lorenza with the bartender?

Watched this yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It definitely has its charm, and I donā€™t mind that it lacks some logic senseā€¦ I think the religious parts make the movie quite original, and creates a certain other-worldly vibe. And the women in this film are quite beautiful as well!

I watched the Wild East disc a few months back. I enjoyed the film, but I thought it couldā€™ve been better. Maybe it was Lou Castel in the lead. Mark Damon was incredible though.

[quote=ā€œCarlos, post:87, topic:323ā€]Jonathon, is this Lorenza with the bartender?

[/quote]

Yes, itā€™s Lorenza (Aldo Marianecci, the bartender, is also present in Oggi a meā€¦ domani a te! in the role of barber).

very stupid title for a film

[quote=ā€œJonathanCorbett, post:85, topic:323ā€]Important info concerning the changes made recently to Database page

Pilar and Marta are two different characters: the first is played by Corinne Fontaine (uncredited, the pic on the right is from Due once di piombo/My Name Is Pecos), the second is a minor character played by Lorenza Guerrieri (the fourth picture is from O tutto o niente/A Man Called Amen).

[/quote]
she must be also in ā€˜hole in the foreheadā€™

I canā€™t actually recall her in the movie (she must have had a very small role), but yesā€¦ she was in that spaghetti as well.

Better than another ā€˜Django titleā€™. Imagine for example: Django The Preacher. Doesnā€™t make sense at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

requiescant is a good title

I think so as well. In Latin it means ā€œrest in peaceā€ as far as I remember.

there more crap titles as well
nude django
son of django

It sounds more discouraging than appealing. Yuck! ::slight_smile:

I havenā€™t seen it yet, but I would love to add it to my collection.

Last year came the Koch Media DVD out and itā€™s labelled as uncut in amazon. Is it really so? I noticed that the Wild East release is 114 minutes long and the German just 103! I know that a film in PAL is a bit shorter, but in this case it would be around 109 mins! Any ideas? ???

It runs 102 min in Pal and is uncut. And the uncut runtime is 106 min, not 114.

The Wild East DVD has in fact also a 102 min Pal runtime.

Ok! Thx! :wink: