Kill and Pray / Requiescant (Carlo Lizzani, 1967)

But it seems Rossi isnā€™t credited anywhere for Requiescant

Yeah it does look a lot like him. Now Iā€™ll have to look at the DVD credits again. Wonder if he used a different alias? What does Bruckner have for these guys?

@ Carlos

He seems to suggest that Ferrucio Viotti plays a character called Dean Light.
I canā€™t find a father Jeremy. Giusti mentions Spanish and Italian names, among them a ā€˜Leonardo, padre di requiescantā€™, played by a certain Massimo Sarchieli.

On this page, it is said that Viotti played father Jeremy:

http://cinema-italiano-db.de/darsteller.php?darsteller=566

If I enter the name in Google pictures, I get different faces for the name ā€˜Ferrucio Viottiā€™, a younger person who looks a little like Luciano Rossi (but itā€™s not him, Iā€™d say) and the older person from this pic.

A lot of confusion, on this page too:

See the post of Il Ritardario (he thinks it Viotti, Rl Puro thinks it Terra)

The plot thickens! In the English version the padre (first pic above with glasses), Castelā€™s foster father is called Jeremy, (= Leonardo?). Sarchielli is in the opening credits. Iā€™ll see if I can find some more credits for him.
@ Stanton
Rossi is the crazy blond brother in Django the Bastard? Wasnā€™t he sort of humpbacked?

[quote=ā€œCarlos, post:66, topic:323ā€]The plot thickens! In the English version the padre (first pic above with glasses), Castelā€™s foster father is called Jeremy, (= Leonardo?). Sarchielli is in the opening credits. Iā€™ll see if I can find some more credits for him.
@ Stanton
Rossi is the crazy blond brother in Django the Bastard? Wasnā€™t he sort of humpbacked?[/quote]

Thatā€™s Luciano Rossi, positively

[quote=ā€œCarlos, post:66, topic:323ā€]@ Stanton
Rossi is the crazy blond brother in Django the Bastard? Wasnā€™t he sort of humpbacked?[/quote]

Not in real life I think.

Iā€™ve checked the saloon/noose scene, and yes, it is definitely Rossi, but he ainā€™t in the credits of the WE disc.

Rossi belongs to the Rick Boyd category of SW actors.
I see always the face in numeroes SWs without having a name for it name. Now the face has got a name.

It seems to me that you are wrong: neither of them (Luciano Rossi and Renato Terra), and least of all Ferruccio Viottiā€¦

Okā€¦ so you think he (Rossi) is too different?

Leonardo is Requiescantā€™s real father killed at the beginning massacre so that is ok.

Still canā€™t find Alberty in DOA.

The credit screens for the WE which seem to be the Italian.

Maybe if someone has the Italian releases (Medusa or Shendene), could you check if they are the same?

Maybe Carlo Palmucci or Pier Annibale Danoviā€¦

Stanton, Rossi has a lot of SW credits as you mentioned. I scanned thru several. I really donā€™t think Dean Light is Rossi. I think all the lower facial features are different, plus his build is different. Rossi is a really skinny dude. In The Forgotten Pistolero he looks almost unhealthy. Dean has a more average build. I can post some screens if you like.

Danovi is really obscure, not many credits at all (doesnā€™t the c.s.c. mean heā€™s a stuntman or something?). However Palmucci has appeared in a few international productions. Looking at his filmography you see lots of SW regulars in his films. I found a couple of pics for his role as Jack with Brando in Burn. I would lean towards Palmucci. I donā€™t kow how reliable this DB is, but this looks like it could be the same guy to me.

[url]cinema-italiano - Datenbank - Darsteller

Yeah, I think I was as sure as I was wrong.
It is indeed a typical Luciano Rossi or Rick Boyd role, but this Rossi lookalike is not Rossi
(nor is it Boyd :wink: )

Well, experts ā€¦ donā€™t trust em ā€¦

Hey, sorry to be late to this film, but does anyone know anywhere I can purchase the OOP Wild East DVD and not the Mark Damon double feature one that came out this year, as I just would like to own this film alone? Thanks.

Only place I can think is E Bay. The print on the Damon double bill is a better print than the first Wild East print though.

Oh, I didnā€™t know that. Maybe I will get the double bill then. Thanks.

From November 1965 to June 1975 at least two members of cast (actors or technicians) had to be holders of a Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia diploma. :wink:

An interesting, if very weird, film. I like it more now after a second viewing. Iā€™ve never seen Damon better-- up there with Johnny Yuma as his 2 best.

The setting of the fort (according to the map in the film) would be present-day Cotulla, Texas, a small town founded by Polish immigrants. And I think that the conflict depicted was a genuine, historical one, something not always seen in a SW. After Texasā€™ independence many of the Spanish/Mexican landowners (holding old land grants) were dispossessed by the Texans (gringos). A real injustice, especially considering that so many of the Texas patriots were ethnically Mexican-- Juan Seguin, Jose Navarro. That occurred well before the Civil War.

Lizzani and Pasolini turned it into a ā€œcommunistā€ struggle, but what the heck. Iā€™ve never before seen a film like this, so it doesnā€™t bother me.

I havenā€™t double-dipped yet, so watched the old WE version again last night.
Such an enjoyable film and Damonā€™s best role. I was also thrilled to see the fake cactus that reappears 4 years later in Dead Men Donā€™t Make Shadows (and which can be seen in the background of one of the shots I stuck on the DMDMS thread).
Due to my inability to do screen captures anymore, and as Iā€™m sure youā€™ll want to check it out - it pops up outside the old fort at around the 1.06/.07 mark - joy!