Kebab Westerns (Turkish Western Films)

Come on, silence…

http://video.google.nl/videosearch?q=aç+kurtlar&emb=0&aq=0&oq=ac+kur#q=aç+kurtlar&emb=0&aq=0&oq=ac+kur&qvid=aç+kurtlar&vid=6155490314122146482

I’ve read about some kebap westerns. Unfortunately I can’t remember richt now where…
However, in this book, the author said, that many of those flicks were available in Turkish supermarkets. Maybe today turkish DVDs offer some subs… dunno.

It sounds like you get the original vid and a subbed copy. He’s got one left Chris…
(I’ll pm you the link)

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:83, topic:419”]It sounds like you get the original vid and a subbed copy. He’s got one left Chris…
(I’ll pm you the link)[/quote]

Cheers, Rev! I just gave you a shout back.
You’re a good man!

I need to find more Turkish Westerns…I have only seen one, so far, and it was a really, really, really BAD (visually speaking) copy of the film CEKO (which is largely a remake of JOHNNY YUMA, by the way).

After all the talk on kebab westerns, and particularly in regard to the dubbed versions about, I’ve emailed the fellah I get em from, (he has done some other non-westerns as well) and asked to include a link to his (Turkish language) blog, and to pass on his address, so people could contact him directly. Altho’ it is a commercial thing, he is obviously a lover of spaghettis and is not excessive with his pricing. As with FC (altho’ these do not come as well packaged) - these fans who go to the trouble should be supported. There will obviously be some trading ::), but if he gets some reward, and I do genuinely feel that he wants people to see Turkish films (the buck is a side issue), then more might appear. This is different to Cultcine, in that I am recommending him - he’s not forcing himself on us. Opinions?

Sounds great to me, Rev.!

Well as nobody’s said I can’t - I’m gonna copy/paste the reply I got back from Gokay. Ok, it’s complete with links to his ebay site - but it also links to his spaghetti western blog, which’ll keep scherpy busy learnun’ Turkish ;). He only has official stuff on his ebay site - but he’s a lovely friendly bloke and you could ask him via this about his western dvdrs should you feel the need.
He has other plans for subbing some westerns, and as his letter states (and as I pointed out to him) we know his English ain’t perfect - but it is his humour regarding that that warms me to him. He was also tickled to here the phrase ‘kebab western’ as you can see…

MY BIT

[size=10pt]Hi Gokay - got the films and am looking forward to them. Thanks. There is quite a bit of interest in Turkish westerns on a spaghetti western forum that I go on. Would it be ok to tell them of your blog and of the films you offer. There are people there interested in other genres too, so altho’ I would not be interested particularly in other films, others may. It is great that you have got these subbed. I did find a couple of the translations funny, but hey! I’m not really being rude about them - your English is very good - my Turkish is non-existant!!
I would be interested in any more westerns that you do. I particularly like it that they are so heavily influenced by spaghetti westerns. By the way, as with spaghetti being a food that represents Italian input - your movies are fondly known as ‘kebab westerns’. I hope you’re not offended by this - I suppose it was inevitable …
Cheers amigo[/size]

HIS REPLY

Hello ;

Thank you very much to your kind mail my friend.

Promotion is our biggest requeirement and if you introduce our works on that forum I’m gonna glad for it. You can use our links;

Our spaghetti blog

Our ebay store

http://stores.ebay.com/turkish-cult

TURKISH CULT DVD and TURKISH CULT LOBBY GIFT SETS categories are including English subtitled dvdr + orginal release (if its released) and lobby print out sets.

Nowadays we are preparing Sam Peckinpah’s classic Straw Dogs’s Turkish remake :slight_smile: Sounds funny ? Of course its more violent and gore :))

Translation problems was our biggest anxiety when we started this work first but today to see there is nice feedbacks about it make happy us. Generally we are using American English and some of our friends are generally saying “we can understand your works 80%” so it isnt seem bad. I hope we can improve ourself for best in future.

We have some Turkish Western movies more but hasnt English subtitled yet. Moreover lots of them doesnt release as vcd or dvd formats. Moreover there is one Anatolian type Western too that we will prepare in next month. Its a kind of Magnificent Seven’s Anatolian spaghetti version with Yilmaz Guney (the man in Starving Wolves)

Heheheh Kebap Westerns is a good name, we are calling our westerns as “Noodle Westerns” This is a Turkish type home made spaghetti :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend my friend;

This is the google translated page of the blog, not perfect but better than nothing:

[url]Sinematik Spaghetti

Great stuff, Rev (and Ennioo)!!!
Muchas gracrias!!

Çok teşekkür ederim

How did you learn Turkish :o?!

LOL. Herkes Türkçe biliyor.

Evet, herkes biliyor bu dijital çağda türk. ha ha!

Thanks for the info/resource Rev

Evet, Muhterem teşekkür ederim

oh ve sessizlik, tercüme Google deneyin

I seem to be the only one here who doesn’t speak Turkish ;D.

Should I telll 'im, guys?

Ben, çocuklar söylesek

There is or was a company called onar films they were putting out old turkish films for a while i got a “kilink” double feautre from xploited cinema some years back. We should check onars website to see if they have any westerns in the works. They usually got the best sources out there to make the dvds usually they used old beta tapes since o.g. turkish materials were poorly preserved.

[quote=“korano, post:97, topic:419”]Should I telll 'im, guys?

Ben, çocuklar söylesek[/quote]
I’m afraid I can’t solve this puzzle :-.

Onu söyleme