Kebab Westerns (Turkish Western Films)

Look forward to your report Bad Lieutenant :).

Was looking at photo’s Tom posted on The Cinehound Forum…the man has some rare tapes!

Gotta love this poster…
http://imageshack.us

::slight_smile:

The one on the right looks like Anthony Steffen

The one on the left looks like Peter Fonda (and also a little like Peter Martell)

The one in the middle looks like …

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:44, topic:419”]The one on the right looks like Anthony Steffen

The one on the left looks like Peter Fonda (and also a little like Peter Martell)

The one in the middle looks like …[/quote]

… Peter Lee Lawrence?

Hmmm. Maybe I need to see a few more of his movies…

HAHAHAHA

Are these movies really database worthy? We focus on Eurowesterns but Tukey is in Asia. Only Istanbul on the Bosphuros is in Europe. I don’t have anything against the’re inclusion here but I thought it would be a good conversation.

I say include them. Turkey is, literally, “the line” between Europe and Asia.
But like a lot of calls, it’s a close one.
Never seen any though (YET!!!)

Turkey is in the UEFA, so it must be Europe.

Israel is also in the UEFA

But ontopic, Turkey is partially Europe. Noone can deny that.

There are also Israel, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Azerbaijan in the UEFA. Wouldn’t say that these countries are a part of Europe. Never saw a turkish Western but see no problems that these movies are in the database.

He’s got you there Stanton. :wink:

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:51, topic:419”]Israel is also in the UEFA

But ontopic, Turkey is partially Europe. Noone can deny that.[/quote]

I know about Israel, The UEFA mentioning was a joke, should have set a smiley.

The smaller part of Turkey belongs to Europe. But it’s a country which tends towards Europe, even if it’s cultural roots belong more to Asia.

Looking forward to viewing a Kebab western.

And from what I’ve seen so far, these films are more like turkish versions of spaghetti westerns more than traditional westerns.

Turkey is a member of NATO, not (yet) a member of EU though, and there is some debate about whether it will ever become a member, despite having close relations with Europe

It is of course a Muslim country, but a secular one, meaning the state is separated from the religion

And they are no Arabs :wink:

I’d also want to see kebab westerns :smiley:

I think it is worth documenting here, if only because there is no source of them elsewhere. Indeed I think this site could include Westerns from anywhere, except America(!)

i’ve got a few Kebab westerns, all in Turkish with no subs though…

can we please not get political in here? haha not even the EU can agree on whether Turkey should be part of the club (but then again, there’s not much the EU can agree on).

we’re including Kebab westerns not only because I love Kebab (insert an empty stomach’s sound here), but also because they are by most people considered eurowesterns…