Kebab Westerns (Turkish Western Films)

depends what you qualify under good?

I think you should more few the movies as rareties, and try to appriciat them as opscure low budget B-movies. dont expect any orginality or logic.

most of the time the runtime is not more than 60 min, if you are lucky the movie is in color (what remained).

I dont see these movies as good movies, but if I say this to loud I will get some hardcore turkish film fan on my back starting to discuss and insult me, because I dont know the turkish film history. and in his point of few these movies are the absolute highlite of the whole film history. (treu story!!!)

i’m not familiar with turkish westerns but i’ve watched Tarkan vs the Vikings (Turkish Pop Cinema) and that movie is “all over the place”. :slight_smile:

It’s worth watching for a good laugh

[quote=“kevinbellamy, post:22, topic:419”]i’m not familiar with turkish westerns but i’ve watched Tarkan vs the Vikings (Turkish Pop Cinema) and that movie is “all over the place”. :slight_smile:

It’s worth watching for a good laugh[/quote]

Yeahhhhh! Tarkan vs the Vikings is fantastic! A good moment! And if you can watch the Turkish Star Wars its unbelievable !

Watched it recently. Goddamn, what a piece of crap that was. Unbelievable… really.

[quote=“kevinbellamy, post:22, topic:419”]i’m not familiar with turkish westerns but i’ve watched Tarkan vs the Vikings (Turkish Pop Cinema) and that movie is “all over the place”. :slight_smile:

It’s worth watching for a good laugh[/quote]

Did you get the double bill with “The Deathless Devil”? Oh my God, what a film! Dr.Satan and his crappy robot attempting world domination had me in tears. The robot made the early Dr.Who monsters look good. Obviously made out of a few cardboard boxes and a roll of tin foil by the local kindergarten. At least the octopus in Tarkan had a bit of (but not much) effort put into making it look real!

1 Like

I just watched Turkish Superman and I am left speechless. How do you describe something that is so horribly, terribly bad that you can’t stop watching it?

Speaking of turkish movies:
[url]- YouTube
:smiley:

[quote=“alk0, post:27, topic:419”]Speaking of turkish movies:
[url]- YouTube
:D[/quote]What the f…
:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:28, topic:419”]What the f…
:P[/quote]

My thoughts exactly…

It makes me wanna see a kebab western so bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh, just noted this wonderful thread. :wink:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:28, topic:419”]What the f…
:P[/quote]

:smiley: That’s a comedy western. The title means ’ A cowboy who loved his horse’ ;D The white hatted man in the coach is a famous Turkish comedy actor Sadri Alisik (now deceased).

There’s info on ‘Küçük kovboy’ (Little cowboy) on the website of lead role player Cüneyt Arkin (In Turkish).

It’s actually a Turkish-Italian film. The director is Guido Zurli.

Are these westerns available today in Turkey?

Someone said all of these films got lost in a fire!

Are there any videocassettes left or are they maybe shown on television?

Also, there’s a new Turkish western to come. It’s titled ‘Kahraman Serif’ (Hero Sherrif). I don’t know for sure but it also might contain some comedy elements. It is rumored, the film will be cast both in Turkey and in USA, in Buckskin Joe, where many famous westerns were filmed. It will feature both Turkish and American actors.
The story will be based on real historical events. Three Ottomans of different characters, Haci Ali, Yorgo, and Ilyas Bey travel to America with the shipment of thirty camels which US government ordered for the needs of US army. The film will show their adventures in Arizona desert and in Mexico.
It is scheduled for 2008.

I will add more details, if I find, later.

[quote=“Silvanito, post:32, topic:419”]Are these westerns available today in Turkey?

Someone said all of these films got lost in a fire!

Are there any videocassettes left or are they maybe shown on television?[/quote]

Apparently a lot of 70’s Turkish films were lost forever when the film stock was melted down to extract the silver in it!

Though I haven’t seen a single kebab western, i have been working on the Turkey category (aka Kebab western category) in the database.
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Category:Turkey
I’ve also emailed http://www.onarfilms.com/ if they were going to release any Turkish westerns. Here’s the reply:
Hello!
Of course I will!
I plan to release ZORRO KAMCILI SUVARI & KORKUSUZ KAPTAN SWING next year.
Depending on sales, I will buy more westerns.
For the moment I’m trying to find some mega-rare titles that have never
been seen by anyone before!
Anyway, there are dozens of turkish westerns out there I can easily find
but I’m always looking for the rarer titles that nobody has ever seen,
or even heard of, if you know what I mean.
Ciao!
Bill

Zorro kamcili süvari
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Zorro_kamcili_süvari

Korkusuz Kaptan Swing
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Korkusuz_Kaptan_Swing

So, that’s going to be something to look forward to ;D

Ölmek Var Dönmek Yok

Yedi belalilar

Ok, so they’re not lost after all?

If you look at the current Onar Films catalogue, he managed to get a lot of rare prints of some really obscure films. So I’m not surprised he can get more rare stuff. If he’ll release the Turkish Django, I’ll definitely buy it to support what he’s doing. The Zorro flick he is going to release, is edited from another Zorro movie, so I don’t have high expectations of that one.
By the way, he mentioned a fun sounding movie to me in an email:
Ringo Gestapo’ya karsi (Ringo vs Gestapo)

They look interesting some of the Turkey westerns, anyone seen many?

Got two dvdr’s last week, Ceko and Kaptan Swing. Will dig into those soon and report here.