Johnny Yuma (Romolo Guerrieri, 1966)

Mark Damon is wonderful in the lead

Didn’t impress me either but I re-watched it the other day and really enjoyed it. I get the feeling I’ll enjoy it even more on a third viewing as well.

(Nick) #83

Thought some of you might enjoy Nora Orlandi performing the piece with a piano!

(Phil H) #84

Love it. Thanks mate

(Wilco Vedder) #85

Watched Johnny Yuma over the weekend. A bit uneven film, sometimes comical and later on (very) brutal. Somehow this did not make the movie very coherent.
I liked Damon in his rol, as well as most characters that are staged. The usage of the Mexican sidekick somehow lost my attention and I still can not get his usage. I will have to rewatch and pay some more attention to him.

Guerrieri stated in his interview he was forced to implement the brutallity and that he was against it. I think without this brutallity it would have become a comedic wester, ahead of the trinity films and without the beans :face_with_monocle:.

I am very positive about the movie, not my top 10 but in the top 25.

(The Man With a Name) #86

It’s a nice looking film with an excellent soundtrack and good direction but it’s just a bit too talky at times and lacking in action. This is my second viewing and I think that this is a watchable but still very average spaghetti western. I like Damon in the lead but I’ve got to say that Lawrence Dobkin is the coolest guy in the film.