Japanese Spaghetti Blu's

Look at this lovely lot coming December 8)

Cool! Is this SPO?

And shouldn’t we merge this thread to the already existing blu ray thread?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:2, topic:3064”]Cool! Is this SPO?

And shouldn’t we merge this thread to the already existing blu ray thread?[/quote]
Maybe not. There’s more and more blu-ray releases coming and it’s a bit difficult to find info if everything is under one topic.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:2, topic:3064”]Cool! Is this SPO?

And shouldn’t we merge this thread to the already existing blu ray thread?[/quote]I did think of putting it there but thought it warranted it’s own thread :wink:

I’m not sure if it’s SPO you know. Says TC entertainment on Amazon, is that the same company?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/æ€’ă‚Šăźè’é‡Ž-HDăƒȘマă‚čă‚żăƒŒ-ă‚čăƒšă‚·ăƒŁăƒ«ăƒ»ă‚šăƒ‡ă‚Łă‚·ăƒ§ăƒł-Blu-ray-ăƒˆăƒ‹ăƒŒăƒŽăƒ»ăƒŽă‚ĄăƒŹăƒȘ/dp/B008WYHNL0/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea even to give blurays their own subforum at this point
 then could create individual topics for each particular release and would be much easier to find the needed info on each disc

Wonder how hard it will be to get ahold of these Japanese releases
 some good ones there, if they do 'em up correctly

I’d recommend YesAsia for ordering these (Amazon.co.jo shipping costs are ridiculously high, I never order anything from them anymore). They won’t mark the correct value so you might get them through customs easily as well (if that is a problem otherwise).

CDJapan is good as well and will cost around the same (if not a dollar or two lower) but they will mark the correct value. :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to use CDJapan but got fed up of getting hit by customs all the time so stopped. Them Macaroni boxes ended up costing me a fortune!

Why not simply waiting until they will be also released in Europe or the USA?

[quote=“Stanton, post:8, topic:3064”]Why not simply waiting until they will be also released in Europe or the USA?[/quote]Who says they will come out elsewhere, you never know.

Yeah, that’s the main thing
 Obviously Django Kill and Django aren’t needed but I wouldn’t really expect the other titles to get a bluray release in the US
 Maybe The Great Silence but even that one is somewhat doubtful

Very nice releases :slight_smile: .

[quote=“autephex, post:10, topic:3064”]Django Kill and Django aren’t needed[/quote]Unless of course it comes to light that they are better than the BU versions.

I’ll more than likely grab the Gemma’s first as they more than likely have got less of a chance being of released elsewhere.

On Amazon.co.jp, Django is listed as 1080p, but The Great Silence as only 1080i :o

[size=8pt]Sorry for the negativity to follow
 ;)[/size]

Was going to pre-order all of these but not so sure anymore. :wink:

Day of Anger and One Silver Dollar are also listed as 1080i. Which could mean they are from OLD masters made for TV screenings. Which wouldn’t necessarily mean they are crap but

Both Djangos are listed as 1080p but wouldn’t be surprised if they look the same as the somewhat shitty (actually if I remember correctly Corbucci’s Django does look quite nice under the “noise” I think shouldn’t be there) BU discs. Who would have the cash to scan these films again and again

But maybe they’ll all look great! With those prices I just don’t think I want to be the first to check them
 xD

[size=8pt]CDJapan mentions Django “featuring HD new master” while TGS, OSD and DOA say featuring HD remastering. The last “HD remastered” Japanese Blu-Ray (The Driver) I have seen looks worse than the DVD of the same film (but at least it was from a different company
).[/size] And the Japanese Red Sun Blu-Ray doesn’t look good either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like I’ll be waiting to hear the outcome too.

Anyone heard anything about these?

Reviews of DJANGO on amazon.co.jp say it’s the same master as the US/previous releases. One person gives it one star because it doesn’t have the Italian theme song.

Django is kind of the one that does not intrest me, I own the BU release. Day of Anger is what I am interested in, is the transfer worth the shipping from Japan and how is the situation with subs and dubs? Those are the questions that intrest me.

[quote=“Rutledal, post:16, topic:3064”]Anyone heard anything about these?[/quote]Someone was saying that the ones that aren’t available elsewhere are 1080i

I think I’ll order DAY OF ANGER and ONE SILVER DOLLAR. I’ve been waiting and hoping for a review from someone before buying - thankfully did that with THE DRIVER - but I’m flying out of Japan on the 23rd and want to get them before then. I can probably offload them on eBay if they’re not as good as hoped, as with the SUSPIRIA Bluray.