I've started my sw-influenced graphic novel

[quote=“Hungry_bear, post:57, topic:1997”]I once did an Art performance, offering artists free beer for one night if they proved they’re artists, (filling in a real stupid form) and signing our licence. Now we (me and my colleague) own the rights of 20 artists work and all the work they produce in the future.

I never used these rights but it made a nice point to me.[/quote]Haha, sounds great. No-one can resist the power of free beer.

It’s been a while but I’ve been scratchin’ a bit of time when I can (which isn’t as much as I’d like :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Introducing Magpie/Macfie - the rather large Scottish kilt-wearing pistolero nutter.
(It’s all a bit yellah cos of the electric light tho, and there’s more to put in. There’s a bit of foreshortening going on as well cos you’re looking at him from gun level.)
Talkin’ of guns - does that pistol rig look alright Chris - a quick draw holster and colt? Another question for ya, as you know ya guns - any idea what the flintlock might be though? (I do know :wink: )

Coming along nicely rev :wink:

Hee hee - wait til I get to the convent! :o

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:62, topic:1997”]It’s been a while but I’ve been scratchin’ a bit of time when I can (which isn’t as much as I’d like :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Introducing Magpie/Macfie - the rather large Scottish kilt-wearing pistolero nutter.
(It’s all a bit yellah cos of the electric light tho, and there’s more to put in. There’s a bit of foreshortening going on as well cos you’re looking at him from gun level.)
Talkin’ of guns - does that pistol rig look alright Chris - a quick draw holster and colt? Another question for ya, as you know ya guns - any idea what the flintlock might be though? (I do know :wink: )

[/quote]

Nice work, Rev!!
The colt looks good.
Unfortunately, I am not very good with guns made before the end of the US Civil War. So, I am not sure about that flintlock. It looks like it might be a Turkish pistol, though…
Just guessin’…

It’s actually a Scottish made pistol - a Murdoch, despite what some of the replicas look like, my research tells me they were always very ornately decorated. I do enjoy doing the research for this stuff - probably moreso than painting it ;).

A Scottish Kilt wearing gunfighter…absolutely fucking brilliant.

Thankyou Col. - I was a bit miffed to find out that there’s one (I think) in the second Halleluja film (I haven’t seen it :P) - but I asure you - mine ain’t no comedy character!

Excellent stuff Rev, Keep up the good work! I really like the yellowish tint!

Mind you, a lot of the yellowy cast comes from grabbin’ a pic under electric light. Still I can always airbrush a bit more on for ya ;). Thanks for the encouragement chaps :).

I like the tint because it’s unusuall, and speaks of originallity. ;D

I haven’t posted in here in a while - but it’s still (slowly) coming on.
I finished - except for dialogue, the first chapter … it now goes into flashback to see how these characters got involved with each other, then back out to see how this stand-off pans out (all is not as it seems though).
I’ve given up painting on canvas, but am continuing on canvas-board (as per the second page on this photo) cos it takes up less space, and is less prone to damage.
There’s plenty of sw poster reference used - especially on the second of these pages, if anybody recognises any?

Looks ace, rev! Great work.

As for the posters, the drawing in the lower left looks familiar. But I don’t have a very good photographic memory. Maybe I’ll think of it later.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:72, topic:1997”]There’s plenty of sw poster reference used - especially on the second of these pages, if anybody recognises any?

[/quote]

All’ombra di una colt

Great work as usual Reverend :wink: .

Great work, very well done and very stilish.
Made me want to go to the attic and reread my Heavy Metal magazine Collection

Nice work Rev!

Cheers chaps - here’s some closeups.
All three images here are adapted from posters… although they may not be too obvious ::slight_smile:

However, this holster shot is a direct steal…

Well done scherp!
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/All'ombra_di_una_colt

Mines not as good quality or as detailed - but the original image had to be big enough to be read as a poster - mine will probably be only 4 or 5 inches high when (if) printed. I’ve obviously changed a lot, but I love the ‘shape’ of the original.
I’ve also made it the bar from my story in the background, with the girls, and the Django the Bastard cross just visible.

Lovely work Rev - I wish I could draw like that!