Italian Crime Films

Good decision mate :+1:

2 Likes

Radiance just announced

6 Likes

Sweet!

1 Like

All over this!!!

Awesomeā€¦yet another one on the shopping list. Any idea when itā€™ll likely be released?

yes?

5 Likes

Iā€™m on that for sure

1 Like

Now that one of the last poliziotteschis that I wanted to see, The Case is Closed, Forget it, is getting an English-friendly release, does anyone, maybe @Admin, know if Gangster 70 is ever likely to get an English friendly release as well? Itā€™s basically the last one on my list. If not, is there anyway I can watch it with English dubbing or subs?

no idea, sorry. But the HD material is there so it canā€™t be more than a matter of time, considering the waves and waves of Italo cult movies that are coming out everywhereā€¦

1 Like

Safe nice oneā€¦Iā€™ll be keeping my fingers crossed for that and for an HD release Violent Naples as well of course. Even with the latter Iā€™m happy to stick with my popflix dvd and bootleg for now though.

I want Violent Naples to get a release too. Always been one of my favorites from the genre.

4 Likes

Confessions Of A Police Captain is a really good one, so, a pity it isnā€™t in the set.

Yes very good one indeedā€¦also would love to see a blu-ray. I think we will at some point though.

There is a Blu Ray from FilmArt. English friendly aswell.

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe with all the stuff weā€™ve been seeing recently, that it hasnā€™t surfaced in any capacity. Iā€™d be happy with a bare-bones dvd provided itā€™s better quality than my pop flix one, and has Italian audio with English subs.

No way! Would you mind providing a link? Thanks in advance!!!

Violent Naples is MIA as far as I knowā€¦blu-ray/legit DVDā€¦ You name it. I would love a double feature with Violent Rome too, another MIA.

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Confessions_of_a_Police_Captain/BluRay

1 Like

So I have seen High Crime twice. Once about a ten years ago, didnā€™t really care all the much for it and then about a year ago I gave it a rewatch and still though it was just ā€œmehā€. Both times was the 93 minute cut version. I am curious to your guys thoughts on the 103 min version, does it give any more real value to the film? I almost want to watch it again in the full length version to see if I find it any differentā€¦I know people love this film but it just never struck the right cord for me. Watch my new blu of Blood and Diamonds though and loved it, a film held in less regards to many so we just all have our specific tastes. Watched Martinoā€™s Silent Action too last night and was left pretty cold despite some promise and entertaining partsā€¦will say it was well made however.

Itā€™s definitely ā€˜Mehā€™ in my book - the only reason I can think for itā€™s ā€˜popularityā€™ is perhaps the lack of good quality release for many years, gave it the ā€˜must seeā€™ factor.

Franco Neroā€™s over the top acting is disturbingly bad ā€¦ was he on drugs, or what the hell was he and Castellari thinking!? Also disturbing are the amount of overly positive and complimentary reviews on IMDB, praising the acting ! ā€¦reminding me of the fake positives reviews that come in to bolster small budget films, written by friends and family of these productions.

3 Likes