Italian Crime Films

[quote=“titoli, post:639, topic:376”]Sergio Sollima’s Revolver aka Blood in the Streets (1973)[/quote]My favourite out if Sollima’s two crime films.

Definitely much better than Citta Violenta, but the later contains few scenes that are most memorable. I wish those kind of scenes were used in Revolver.

Not much in it for me re Sollima’s crime films.

REVOLVER smokes! I love that film.

Revolver has one of my favorite soundtracks from Morricone.

Yes its a nice score.

I concur. The music in itself is one of the reasons the film is so darned good.

I may be the odd man out here, but I wasn’t crazy about the score for Revolver. I didn’t think it was among Il Maestro’s best, but that’s just me. The film itself is great though. I enjoyed the chemistry between Testi and Reed. Great final scene too.

You’re not alone, it’s one of the least interesting Morricone’s for me too.

Stunt Squad
-Average crime flick from Domenico Paolella. There’s some good chase and action scenes but otherwise it has a very bad plot, pretty bad music and not very interesting cast (though Nello Pazzafini has a brief role). I liked the harsh ending.

…And it was nice to spot Tepepa poster on the street.

@Stunt Squad

I have this somewhere in my huge watch pile. Will have to dig it out and give it a go someday.

Just watched A Man Called magnum the other night and goddamn, I haven’t heard such a groovy soundtrack in my life! The film might not be too great, but that score just makes everything feel awesome! 8)

Great isn’t it, there’s an LP of it too (but it can be expensive), not sure if there is a CD or not.

Oh, cool! If I had a record player I’d drop money for it! ;D Hmm, might be a reason to get a record player… Oh, but I do know that the Main Theme (not sure which one is the main theme :P) is out on a few different soundtrack compilations.

Edit: Just did a quick search, Discogs says there is one from Digitmovies on CD!

Always a good time to get a record player! Vinyl is excellent.

Yeah, I know! I keep meaning to get one, but I don’t have any records, much less any place to put them… ::slight_smile:

They do take up space.

I’ve still got my record collection that I started back in the sixties. It’s simply grown and grown over the years. I do like CDs, but nothing will ever replace vinyl.

I love my vinyl, trimmed them down and “purified” them the last few years though.

[quote=“Marvin W. Bronson, post:657, topic:376”]They do take up space.

I’ve still got my record collection that I started back in the sixties. It’s simply grown and grown over the years. I do like CDs, but nothing will ever replace vinyl.[/quote]

Haha! I’ll probably be saying that about my Dvd collection in the 2060’s :wink:

Heck, I’m already saying that about my DVDs. I went crazy when the format first hit and went for years buying them like a madman. Now I have shelves full of the things. I had slowed down before I came to the SWDB, but this forum has plunged me back into collecting. Darn it! ::slight_smile: