Italian Crime Films

(Yodlaf Peterson) #641

[quote=“titoli, post:639, topic:376”]Sergio Sollima’s Revolver aka Blood in the Streets (1973)[/quote]My favourite out if Sollima’s two crime films.

(titoli) #642

Definitely much better than Citta Violenta, but the later contains few scenes that are most memorable. I wish those kind of scenes were used in Revolver.

(ENNIOO) #643

Not much in it for me re Sollima’s crime films.

(Marvin W. Bronson) #644

REVOLVER smokes! I love that film.

(Bill san Antonio) #645

Revolver has one of my favorite soundtracks from Morricone.

(ENNIOO) #646

Yes its a nice score.

(Marvin W. Bronson) #647

I concur. The music in itself is one of the reasons the film is so darned good.

(RamonRed) #648

I may be the odd man out here, but I wasn’t crazy about the score for Revolver. I didn’t think it was among Il Maestro’s best, but that’s just me. The film itself is great though. I enjoyed the chemistry between Testi and Reed. Great final scene too.

(titoli) #649

You’re not alone, it’s one of the least interesting Morricone’s for me too.

(Bill san Antonio) #650

Stunt Squad
-Average crime flick from Domenico Paolella. There’s some good chase and action scenes but otherwise it has a very bad plot, pretty bad music and not very interesting cast (though Nello Pazzafini has a brief role). I liked the harsh ending.

…And it was nice to spot Tepepa poster on the street.

@Stunt Squad

I have this somewhere in my huge watch pile. Will have to dig it out and give it a go someday.

(Jonny Powers) #652

Just watched A Man Called magnum the other night and goddamn, I haven’t heard such a groovy soundtrack in my life! The film might not be too great, but that score just makes everything feel awesome! 8)

(Yodlaf Peterson) #653

Great isn’t it, there’s an LP of it too (but it can be expensive), not sure if there is a CD or not.

(Jonny Powers) #654

Oh, cool! If I had a record player I’d drop money for it! ;D Hmm, might be a reason to get a record player… Oh, but I do know that the Main Theme (not sure which one is the main theme :P) is out on a few different soundtrack compilations.

Edit: Just did a quick search, Discogs says there is one from Digitmovies on CD!

(Marvin W. Bronson) #655

Always a good time to get a record player! Vinyl is excellent.

(Jonny Powers) #656

Yeah, I know! I keep meaning to get one, but I don’t have any records, much less any place to put them… ::slight_smile:

(Marvin W. Bronson) #657

They do take up space.

I’ve still got my record collection that I started back in the sixties. It’s simply grown and grown over the years. I do like CDs, but nothing will ever replace vinyl.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #658

I love my vinyl, trimmed them down and “purified” them the last few years though.

(Jonny Powers) #659

[quote=“Marvin W. Bronson, post:657, topic:376”]They do take up space.

I’ve still got my record collection that I started back in the sixties. It’s simply grown and grown over the years. I do like CDs, but nothing will ever replace vinyl.[/quote]

Haha! I’ll probably be saying that about my Dvd collection in the 2060’s :wink:

(Marvin W. Bronson) #660

Heck, I’m already saying that about my DVDs. I went crazy when the format first hit and went for years buying them like a madman. Now I have shelves full of the things. I had slowed down before I came to the SWDB, but this forum has plunged me back into collecting. Darn it! ::slight_smile: