Italian Crime Films

[quote=“sartana1, post:500, topic:376”]Great choice! Three of the movies on that box are top 10 if not top 5.[/quote]And it’s obvious which three as Rulers is just alright but still a worthy edition to the genre :slight_smile:

I reckon The Boss could be just pushed out the top ten by some other films though but would easily make a top 20 :wink:

As well as … The Big Racket, Street Law, Heroin Busters, Mad Dog Killer, Revolver, Violent City, How to Kill a Judge, Live Like a Cop Die Like a Man and Ricco the Mean Machine

I’d like to start watching poliziotteschi but there is no top 20 italo crime… I’ve watched Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto with Gian Maria Volonte and I found it great (actually it was one of the best Italian movies I’ve ever seen). :wink:
I’ve heard that The violent four and di Leo movies are great… what should I watch now?

i see stund squad 1977 with marcel bozuffi in the last week
the movie deserve aspecial edition dvd, really a masterpiece!
lots of gunfire, great direction, a lovely protagonist, a good villain, explosions, many bloody deaths!,
in some parts it’s more good than the masterpiece of fulci’s contraband, but the best of all it’s the cool soundtrack
made from master stelvio ciprianni, i watch one very bad print taken
from a very old and dark print, dvdr from a vhs greece casette, the movie it’s the third best crime i ever seen!!!
you can heard the soundtrack here:

One of you may be able to snag this Calibre 9 cheaply :wink:

Just under two hours left. Only on £2.30 at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220897419838?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_926wt_1090

As well as … The Big Racket, Street Law, Heroin Busters, Mad Dog Killer, Revolver, Violent City, How to Kill a Judge, Live Like a Cop Die Like a Man and Ricco the Mean Machine<

Thanks for the tip Chuck. I’ll definitely put some of those on my Christmas list :slight_smile: I’ve seen Violent City & How to Kill a Judge. Thought they were just ok, a little boring.

you can heard the soundtrack here: http://youtu.be/FeTte7hdy8g
Nice soundtrack... Stelvio is possibly the most underrated composer I've ever heard of... :'(

[quote=“Mickey13, post:507, topic:376”]Nice soundtrack… Stelvio is possibly the most underrated composer I’ve ever heard of… :’([/quote]I love a bit of Cipriani, after Morricone (obviously) Cipriani and Micalizzi along with some Nicolai are probably my favourites.

Yeah, How to Kill a Judge was very slow paced and talky. But thought Violent City was a good one, Morricone’s score makes it worthwhile… maybe a bit weak compared to some of Bronsons other films.

Stunt Squad.

A special team of cops are after a very sadistic killer. Loads of action in this, which is well handled most of the time all set to a fine Stelvio Cipriani score. Nello Pazzafini has a particular nasty death. The slow motion style gets it right for once. Marcel Bozzuffi plays the lead and had such a great face very suitable face for crime films. Another actor who died to earlier an age.

I’ve been reading a lot about Italian society in the 1970s lately. Now I’m looking around for movies involving left-wing or neo-fascist terrorist groups. Are there any in this genre?

[quote=“Mickey13, post:503, topic:376”]I’d like to start watching poliziotteschi but there is no top 20 italo crime… I’ve watched Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto with Gian Maria Volonte and I found it great (actually it was one of the best Italian movies I’ve ever seen). :wink:
I’ve heard that The violent four and di Leo movies are great… what should I watch now?[/quote]

The Di Leo movies are absolutely essential, man! The Raro Video crime box should keep you busy for a while, and are a great place to start with Poliziotteschi in my opinion! Citta Violenta Blazing Magnum Violent Professionals Live Like a Cop Die Like a Man and Bava’s Rabid Dogs are awesome.

In fact, just watched Rabid Dogs last night…soooo good.

Just got Di Leo’s crime collection in the mail today, that will keep me busy for a while. Should get Contraband also this weekend. ;D

Nice, some excellent viewing there.

[quote=“MetalGeorge, post:512, topic:376”]The Di Leo movies are absolutely essential, man! The Raro Video crime box should keep you busy for a while, and are a great place to start with Poliziotteschi in my opinion! Citta Violenta Blazing Magnum Violent Professionals Live Like a Cop Die Like a Man and Bava’s Rabid Dogs are awesome.

In fact, just watched Rabid Dogs last night…soooo good.[/quote]
The region code 1, and I live in Europe. Anyway thank you for recommendations very much, I know what to watch. ;D

[quote=“Mickey13, post:515, topic:376”]The region code 1, and I live in Europe. Anyway thank you for recommendations very much, I know what to watch. ;D[/quote]Them Di Leo’s have also got Italian releases with English options so you could get them if the U.S. box is region encoded. :wink:

Oh, thanks. Then I will search for Italian releases. :slight_smile:

The US discs are region 0

Yeah, I think they are, as well! I hate the fact that, despite all technological advances, the PAL vs. NTSC conundrum still rages on. Believe region free players are relatively easy to come by these days, however, and the lower end DVD models actually tend to play PAL just fine! Are there similar NTSC-free players available in Europe?

I thought all DVD players played NTSC/PAL and it was just a region issue if the player is encoded with it.