Italian Crime Films

Yeh pretty nice cover the L.P

This is one genre Iā€™ve really spent some time with over the Summer, both score and film-wise. For my money, the recently released Di Leo collection absolutely blew me away. Iā€™d add ā€˜Blazing Magnum,ā€™ to the list, as well, if that one hasnā€™t been mentioned.

[quote=ā€œMetalGeorge, post:482, topic:376ā€]Iā€™d add ā€˜Blazing Magnum,ā€™ to the list, as well, if that one hasnā€™t been mentioned.[/quote]Great film, got one of my favourite car chases in it too.

Me too. Great chase. Up there with The Italian Connection, which is totally EPIC! Speaking of chase scenesā€¦watched Bullitt the other nightā€¦rightfully classic!

Speaking of Il Consigliori, howeverā€¦I reviewed the soundtrack recently! Hereā€™s the link :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œMetalGeorge, post:485, topic:376ā€]Speaking of Il Consigliori, howeverā€¦I reviewed the soundtrack recently! Hereā€™s the link :slight_smile:

Examiner is back - Examiner.com sountrack, Iā€™ve got it on vinyl.

Nice. :slight_smile: Hell yeah, I can always make time for Maestro Ortolani. :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œMetalGeorge, post:482, topic:376ā€]This is one genre Iā€™ve really spent some time with over the Summer, both score and film-wise. For my money, the recently released Di Leo collection absolutely blew me away.[/quote]Crime and spaghettis are my two favourite Italian genres.

That Di Leo box set is getting a blu ray release soon 8)

Manhunt and Calibre 9 are amongst my top favourites with Calibre 9 having my favourite pre-credits sequence of all time.

[quote=ā€œYodlaf Peterson, post:488, topic:376ā€]Crime and spaghettis are my two favourite Italian genres.

That Di Leo box set is getting a blu ray release soon 8)

Manhunt and Calibre 9 are amongst my top favourites with Calibre 9 having my favourite pre-credits sequence of all time.[/quote]

Blu Ray? REALLY? Iā€™m assuming on the same label, Raro Video? Thatā€™s excellent! Just picked up their release of Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man. Can always count on them to deliver the goods. :slight_smile:

And oh yeah, the Caliber 9 opening is ridiculous. Osanna and Bacalov are brilliant together.

[quote=ā€œMetalGeorge, post:489, topic:376ā€]And oh yeah, the Caliber 9 opening is ridiculous. Osanna and Bacalov are brilliant together.[/quote]Ridiculous? What do you mean?

I think he means ridiculous in a good way. In that case, I think the whole movie is ridiculous! :slight_smile: Just watched Johnny Cool again. Love that movie. Not really an Italian crime film (but its kind of related since Henry Silva stars and he plays a Sicilian gangster) Only thing I didnt like is the fights are pretty lameā€¦

Ridiculously awesome I mean, of course. :slight_smile:

Sad to say, but this is one genre that i have not got around to it. :-[ I have none! So maybe itā€™s about time i start a little collection. I need a few opinions as to witch titles should i start with, as in top 5, top 10 maybe? Thanks an advance, amigos.

My personal favorite is Emergency Squad, I defenitely recommend that one. Also check out Napoli Violenta, The Smuggler, La Mala Ordina and the Cynic, The Rat And The Fist.

Hope I could help!

Ok silence, thanks!

Yodlaf is probably the best source of info here for Crime films. Check out the first couple of pages of this thread Handcuffs to see the films he recommends most.

Theres some lists on page 24.

Well the hunt has started! Iā€™ve just ordered from amazon this![url]http://picturepush.com/public/7037525[/url]
Hope itā€™s a good start! :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œHandcuffs68, post:498, topic:376ā€]Well the hunt has started! Iā€™ve just ordered from amazon this![url]http://picturepush.com/public/7037525[/url]
Hope itā€™s a good start! :)[/quote]Itā€™s a cracker. Great fun, probably my favourite Mario Adorf performance.

donā€™t want to spoil it for you but there is a great scene that brings head butting to a new level.

I just wish the score was available.

Great choice! Three of the movies on that box are top 10 if not top 5. Contraband can be found pretty cheap on amazon also.