Italian Crime Films

I’m waiting to see when Amazon US will drop the price a little, then scoop it up. Looking forward to this one myself as I missed out on the German releases of some of the titles.

Unfortunately Arrow won’t be releasing the English dub of Highway Racer as far as I know. They should have asked for it and I would have sent them a copy

Arriving on German Netflix shortly

1 Like

Those who enjoy English dubs will be happy to know that I sent a copy of Highway Racer to Arrow, which they will be able to use for the Blu-ray. Happy that I was able to contribute towards the release.

3 Likes

Wow cool, it lands on Netflix in Germany today (Italian with subtitles).

Yesterday I watched the Gangsters '70 bluray, also a nice flick, but the disc is not English friendly because of licensing reasons

Not personally interested in this upcoming release, but thought others might be…
According to ‘Amazon’, it will be released on June 21st.

4 Likes

Yep see phil’s post above. Also check the GCDb’s release calendar

Fighting my way through the Nico Giraldi films, and in Squadra Antitruffa there is a fake spaghetti western segment in there that looks pretty damn good :slight_smile:

Out now

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/YEARS_OF_LEAD:_FIVE_CLASSIC_ITALIAN_CRIME_THRILLERS_1973–1977

1 Like

Mine arrived yesterday.
Now I just need to find time to watch them.

2 Likes

Something is really wrong the way amazon links are being embedded…

1 Like

Has anyone here seen The Long Arm of the Godfather? I’ve been on a real Peter Lee Lawrence kick lately and I love seeing him as a villain, so I was wondering if it’s worth buying the DVD.

The movie is pretty good, though PLL isn’t the villain in it, Adolfo Celi is and he is quite great. The “Big Guns Collection” has it in quite bad picture quality but what seems like a good aspect ratio. If you can find the set for like 10 bucks I recommend getting it, for such a hard to find movie

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I should say “love seeing him as a criminal/antihero.” One of the reasons why Garringo is one of my favorite films.

Think I may end up doing that. Seems like the easiest way. Thanks for the heads up about the “Big Guns Collection,” though.

1 Like

The pleasures all mine!

1 Like

49.99 grab it while it lasts! To be replaced by the standard edition in two weeks… Amazon.com

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/YEARS_OF_LEAD:_FIVE_CLASSIC_ITALIAN_CRIME_THRILLERS_1973–1977

1 Like

Watched The Savage Three the other night via the Arrow release and quite liked it. Not one of my absolute favourites of the genre but to my own surprise I quite liked Joe Dallesandro in the lead (I’m a big Lou Reed fan and after what he had to say about him in ‘Take No Prisoners’ I didn’t think he’d be up to much) and of course I liked Salerno as the opposition. Just wish the latter had more screen time but I thought it was definitely worth checking out.

I also tried watching Colt 38…again but again I couldn’t make it all the way through. Going to try No, The Case is Happily Resolved over the next few nights.

3 Likes

What don’t you enjoy about Colt 38? I remember it taking a bit to get going but it was my second favourite out of the set - just behind Highway Racer.

2 Likes

Think the action was good for it’s time but I didn’t care for any of the lead actors or characters. It’s a shame though because I love Bandidos and What Have You Done to Solange?, and I wanted to like it because it was Dallamano’s last film.

I agree Highway Racer’s my favourite so far as well, still haven’t watched No, The Case…yet though.

1 Like

My Blu of High Crime came earlier than expected, haven’t watched it yet but I popped it in and it looks great :+1:

2 Likes