In the Name of the Father, of the Son and of the Colt / In nome del padre, del figlio e della Colt (Mario Bianchi, 1975)

Database page: In nome del padre, del figlio e della Colt - The Spaghetti Western Database

Could someone send me a DVDr? I would like to see it as I’ve heard it’s Giallo like.

Was it I who sparked your interest?

Have you seen Price of Death? It is maybe a little less Giallo but has a better print circulating and is better in general. This one was bad. But if you really want it…I’ don’t know.

Yep, it was you ;). Haven’t seen Price of Death, I actually forgot about that it’s Gialloesque, I’ll check it out.

I just realized something strange about this one. The western town used was the Fistful set but the exterior scenes are filmed in what appears to be Italy. At least s, fistfome or most of the exteriors were Italian. The coach ride was Madrid.

@Silence:
If you somehow sneak back onto Cinemaggedon, there’s a crappy TVrip there but it’s really a boring film. Sure there is a POV murder, fistfight in a darkened stable (couldn’t see it), and a really weird fucker who must think it’s a good idea strolling around the super macho Western countryside in a cape and mask! ::slight_smile: It really tries too hard. There’s little sexual content aside from a rape. It’s a half assed Westernallo.

Other Giallo or noir type spaghettis would be…

Killer Caliber 32.
Killer Adios
Price of Death
Poker with Pistols

Kill The Poker Player is also somewhat giallo-ish as well… it’s also directed by Mario Bianchi. Hmm, I’ll have to check out “In the Name of…” too!

This film was already shot in 1971, but it seems it wasn’t released before 75.

Korano, maybe you want use this information for your rerview.

@korano
I’d also be interested to know the running time of the version you saw.
According to Giusti the Italian release of this film was only 77 minutes but the Spanish one (released a year earlier in 1974 by the way) runs for 85 minutes. If your version comes from the Italian it could explain some of that bad editing you describe.

Oh, I haven’t seen it. And I’m not intending to do see it. Ha ha I’m not a masochist. :wink:

IMDB gives the Spanish release with Dez 75. Maybe wrong. The running time according to Anica.it must be 87 min, and that’s also now in our data base. The censor’s certificate for this film is from Sept. 71, which indicates that a release was planned for 71.

Sorry, my comment was directed at Korano. I should have indicated that and will edit now.

Now there is an Audiodubbed version out in Widescreen VGQ, but only 72 min. in English/Spanish,

Short film. Two Craig Hill’s for the price of one. One of his characters is more the traditional character in the form of a lawman. The other one is a bit more crazy and the more interesting one. Set around Halloween and some nice masks on show. Not the worst Hill western of the 70’s.

1 Like

Anybody seen the DVD of this?

Just watched the fandub taken from Spanish TV print which is very nice quality and only drops into Spanish for a brief moment.
Something of an oddity this film, for sure. Hill as the laughing psycho twin is certainly not his normal role. Didn’t think this was too bad. Maybe my standards are slipping. :-
As Ennioo would say, nice and short so didn’t outstay it’s welcome. :wink:

Hill’s eyes are real mad looking in his psycho mode.

They really are. As is his constant laughing. Made me think he could have fitted in as a super villain in the old Batman TV series.
Holy pasta based horse opera, Batman! :o

For the record the present Italian version of this inferior SW runs 78m30s PAL, equivalent to about 82m (24fps). But the correct runtime for the Italian theatrical release - as verified by censors in September 1973 - is 87 minutes.

1973, not 71. There’s a mistake in Anica data, look at the registration numbers:

Mi chiamavano Requiescat… ma avevano sbagliato… v.c. 61986 del 08-03-1973

Storia di karatè, pugni e fagioli v.c. 62614 del 14-06-1973

In nome del padre, del figlio e della Colt v.c. 63005 del 05-09-1971

Il mio nome è Nessuno v.c. 63655 del 01-12-1973

Thanks for clearing that

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

Another of the spags on Tubi I hadn’t seen so I decided to check it out this morning.

This one intrigued me because it is a bit of a Western/Giallo. Unfortunately, it relies on the tired good twin/bad twin premise but that did give me a double dose of one of my personal favorites, Craig Hill, so that’s not all bad. There is a “mysterious” masked man which is always fun but, unfortunately, his identity is very predictable. There is eye candy as well as it features not only Agata Lys but Nuccia Cardinali.

It turns out that his was Mario Bianchi’s directorial debut and, though it is far from being a good film, I would rate it a bit higher than his second Western/Giallo, Kill the Poker Player, and it is far better than his third Western, Fasthand…but that’s not saying much.

On the positive side, I can say that the print that Tubi is showing is surprisingly nice. Many times, the lesser known spags they have look abysmal but this one, in comparison, is really quite impressive. Bianchi threw a lot of splashes of color into his drab western town and, on this print, they are all extremely sharp and vibrant which gives the film a very eye-catching appeal.

This film’s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Please help us make it better by contributing missing information or submitting links, reviews or pictures for example.