I Want Him Dead / Lo voglio morto (Paolo Bianchini, 1968)

If anyone is willing to sell their Brazilian copy, Iā€™m interested. Tried for a long time to get a copy, but alot of people want stupid amounts of money for it.

The Cult Action bootleg:

Cultaction version looks good, but rather pay 12.99 to a company that puts spaghettis out than a bootlegger.

My mistake, it said ā€œDomestic shipping onlyā€, but apparently it will ship to Europe. Still 28 dollars plus shipping is way too much. I can get the Italian disc for a 1/5th of that

[quote=ā€œRutledal, post:83, topic:967ā€]Cultaction version looks good, but rather pay 12.99 to a company that puts spaghettis out than a bootlegger.

My mistake, it said ā€œDomestic shipping onlyā€, but apparently it will ship to Europe. Still 28 dollars plus shipping is way too much. I can get the Italian disc for a 1/5th of that[/quote]

Fair enough. Iā€™m keeping both my Brazilian DVD and the Cult Action bootleg. The Cult Action release has a clearer picture but the Brazilian DVD is widescreen. I hope you find a copy that is suitable for you.

The cultaction looks widescreen in your pictures.

Thatā€™s just how they look on windows media player. When I put them in my DVD player, the Brazilian one is widescreen and the Cult action one is fullscreen. Both are good transfers. They look better than many Wild East discs Iā€™ve bought.

I came across a really cheap copy of Bloodiest Westerns, so I bought it for Sartana (hopefully Iā€™ll get the Wild East disc eventually). I had a look at I Want Him Dead and I can confirm that the quality is pretty good. Looks like the Brazilian disc.

Thanks, I might get that then.

It is interesting to note that in the version using Lida Luā€™s great song there is a conflict in some places between the rapid pace of the slideshow - originally thought for the track Galoppata tragica - and the slow Clayton ballade.

Have just given the Japanese blu ray of this a spin. Looks like an excellent scan from master print in very good shape. English and Italian dub.

1 Like

Just watched this last night for first time
Overall better than average film
Like many here agree Soundtrack is Top Notch
Guess what I didnā€™t like about it was that Clayton gets snuck up on way to easily

I would think you would hear someone walking up behind you when they are walking over rock and gravel
In nearly every scene where he is captured or a fight breaks out he was snuck up on

Loved the main female love interest
Her performance was probably the best overall performance in the film

Loved the soundtrack

Like I said overall a above average SW
Definitely a must watch for any Spaghetti Fan

2 Likes

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been updated to the new ā€œSWDb 3.0ā€ format .
Please have a look and let us know if thereā€™s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

New poll at the top. :+1:

2 Likes

Is this locked to region A, do you know?

The Japanese Blu-ray looks great. It has optional English and Italian audio with Japanese subtitles only. The subtitles can be turned off. It was great to watch this one again. Itā€™s up there alongside Taste of Killing as one of my favourite Hill films, although I think Taste of Killing has a slight edge.

3 Likes

I will never forget watching this one for the first time because it so exceeded my expectations. I donā€™t think this one gets the attention it deserves but, like you, I would place Taste of Killing just a bit in front. Iā€™m glad to hear that about the Japanese release. Iā€™m going to have to try to get may hands on it.

2 Likes

As I said elsewhere before the old geezer in Taste of Killing is so irritating to me that I clearly prefer I Want Him Dead. Actually the latter filmā€™s title sums up nicely my thoughts regarding the old feller of the former. :wink:

I Want Him Dead is a straighter than straight revenge flick, about as lean as they get. Taking no unnecessary detours, it benefits from a fine cast, an above average soundtrack, and it manages to throw in some AlmerĆ­a locations that I havenā€™t seen anywhere else (as well as some well known classics).

3 Likes

Coming to Blu: Lo voglio morto/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

A good film, but not great. But a great score. The film has, from time to time, a downbeat feeling which is nice.
I felt like Clayton did some stupid choices sometimes, like just walking in on Jacks gang and almost immediately gets knocked down from behind. Why not throw in some dynamite from that wagon outside :grin:
The final fight between Clayton and Jack also felt a bit so-so.
I watched the Arrow Blu-Ray with italian audio.

4 Likes

I agree, and also with @Laban. I watched it at Youtube a few years ago and thought it could be worth 5 or 6/10 rating and with the Arrow Bluray it felt good enough for a 6/10, and therefore within my Top 78 (but not before 65).
Lea Massari was a really good looking lead actress who reminded me of Annabella Incontrera. The good very much repeated main theme is partly similar in High Plainā€™s Drifter.

3 Likes