I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly / Vendo cara la pelle (Ettore Maria Fizzarotti, 1968)

How long did it take Colonel ?

Several hours. I’m running into a bit of diffculty. I don’t know how to use windows movie maker.

Not bad re time scale then, but cannot help you re windows movie maker sorry…

I’ll try it again tonight. If I’m unsuccessful than I will end up just putting the cut version as a whole, and than putting in the cut scenes separately as a special feature, because I’m having problems with actually merging the two sources together. WinDVD creator is quite buggy.

Wonder if Franco Cleef could help you out ;).

Funny you ask cause I promised to send him a copy when I’m done hahaha. He considered doing an FC version but he’s a bit too busy at the moment.

I could probably help you out with putting the scenes together if needed. I don’t use windows movie maker, but I do video editing with Sony vegas and some other programs… let me know if you want any help getting it done

Thanks Auto I appreciate the help. I’ll try it again tonight, if it doesn’t work I can always email you the avi files via rapidshare or something like that and maybe you can help me figure this out.

The problems I run into is that the two films have different bit rates, different volumes, and different play speeds, so the transition from one source to the other is rather choppy and not smooth. Plus I get an error message when I try to burn a dvd.

i originally had a long reply here, but just send me a PM if you need any help figuring things out, or if you want to send something my way.

didn’t want to offtrack the film topic on technical mumbo jumbo :stuck_out_tongue:

I found the post very interesting, but understand about not wanting to offtrack the film topic.

SUCCESS!!

I did it. It isn’t perfect. But I think it looks great. In the chapter select I separated the deleted scenes from the regular scenes, and added a trailer and alternative english. opening and closing credits.

The runtime of the film is now only a little over 82 minutes. This is because the credits of the uncut version was longer and the overall playing speed was longer. The cut scenes only comprise an extra 7 or 8 minutes of extra footage. Its mostly the scenes where Mike Marshall is talking with the boy. It actually adds more depth to the story.

Good stuff !, and hope I get to see one day.

Well done Col. Douglas Mortimer. What are your plans for the disc?

Well I guess I can send it to whoever wants it. What do you think is a fair price that covers shipping and materials costs?

well, that’s your call friend :slight_smile: I’d say, whatever actually covers the price to ship, materials to ship, materials to burn, and compensate you a bit for your time

out of curiosity, were the source videos from avi’s, or were you working from other sources?

They were from original sources but I had to convert the vob files to avi format. The cut widescreen was from the marketing film DVD, the other was a VHS sourced DVDR. The picture quality doesn’t seem to have suffered out of it.

I think a reasonable price would be $8 US including shipping for North America and $11 US including shipping for overseas. Or instead I could do a trade instead of exchanging money. I don’t have sleeve art for it so it just comes in a square thin jewel case.

Seems like a fair price for me. If you want, I’ll send you dvd case art and disc label for it. I would be making one for myself anyway

That sounds like a good idea Auto. Maybe you can send me a few DVD sleeves in exchange for a copy of the movie. Than when people order it from me I can give them the option of ordering it plain or with DVD box and cover art for an extra 2 dollars.

I guess we should be PMing each other I don’t want to ruin the thread by selling stuff.

So in case anybody wants a copy, PM me. I’ve merged the cut scenes from the fullscreen VHS to the DVD widescreen cut version.

Just watched this, thanks to the Colonel for his dub!

3/5 stars for this one. It had its moments and I think the first 30 minutes was the best.

Interesting character of the wooden-handed Manco, but he was killed in a ridiculous way - I mean come on, who would let a guy reach over and pull his gun belt around like that? I would have burned him down the moment he reached for my belt!!!